Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Doughnut Muffins
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doughnut Muffins Sign In/Join 
Picture of Linderhof
posted
These have a sugar/cinnamon topping. 50 of these as well.

DOUGHNUT MUFFINS

12 T. butter at room temperature
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs
3 c. flour
1/2 T. plus 1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 cup plus 1/3 c. milk
1/8 c. buttermilk

For dipping:

8 T. unsalted butter, melted (use more if needed)
1 c. sugar
1 T. ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just mixed in. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Combine the milk and buttermilk. Mix a quarter of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Then mix in a third of the milk mixture. Continue mixing in the remaining dry and wet ingredients alternately, ending with the dry. Mix until well combined and smooth, but don't overmix. Grease and flour a standard-size muffin tin (or use paper liners -- but you have to take them off before you dip them). Scoop enough batter into each tin so that the top of the batter is even with the rim of the cup. Bake the muffins until firm to the touch, 30 to 35 minutes.

To finish:

Melt the butter for the dipping mixture. Combine he sugar and cinnamon. When the muffins are just cool enough to handle, remove them from the tin, dip them all over with the melted butter, and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar.

Posts: 5407 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Both look good! The question is: Do they taste like doughnuts?

Posts: 16488 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
They do!

Martha

Posts: 5407 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oooooh! No frying. I'll have to try these - maybe tomorrow.

Posts: 16488 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
No frying! And actually, they are BETTER, if you dip the whole thing in butter and roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. I just did the tops because I'm taking them to church and wanted to keep the papers on!

And mini ones are especially good -- tastes like doughnut holes! More butter/sugar/cinnamon to dough ratio!

Martha

posted Hide Post

Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Sounds similar to a recipe I have called French Puffs. I too only dip the tops as otherwise for ME they are TOO sugary and leave my fingers sticky. They are melt in your mouth delicious and make a nice gift of food.

Posts: 2639 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post