Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Stupid Easy Way to Peel Garlic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid Easy Way to Peel Garlic Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting and fun to watch. I wonder if you can use two plastic, glass or pottery bowls.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
I would bet you could use those. Just the shaking and bouncing against the sides of the bowls must take the paper off the garlic. ???

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
If you want to peel a lot of garlic without a knife this women has it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEcIsAOuAug

This guy uses a bowl and hot water to easily peel garlic.

http://glutenfreegirl.com/2012...-peel-garlic-easily/

Posts: 2641 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
I think the water method is too much trouble. And the first one mentioned by still trying is the same method as the one suggested by nance. Sounds like the bowls need to be metal.

I'll continued to use my rubber garlic tube that's sold in kitchen stores for easy removal of the garlic skins. You just cut off the ends, insert the garlic in the tube and roll the tube a couple of times. Voila, the skin is off!

Posts: 5887 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
I have a jar of peeled garlic cloves in my refrigerator. Can't remember where I got them, they are in some kind of liquid.

This works fine for me!

Posts: 12148 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
LOS just reminded me of Trader Joe's frozen crushed garlic. It's in a little flat red package about 4x5 inches and it contains 20 cubes. You just pop out what you need. A real time-saver!

Posts: 5887 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post