Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Crock Pot Convention
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crock Pot Convention Sign In/Join 
Picture of Lurah
posted
I had to chuckle as I read through the broken crock pot thread. It's been crock pot convention at my house this week. Thurs brought my big newest one home from DD campus home. Sat DS2 delivered all his frat house room belongings back to our garage including a small crock pot and took my old one from pantry to add to his pile. Then DS1, DS2 & I went to clean out a friends kitchen and we had 3 more crock pots to pick from (I brought the small one with crockery lid to replace my cracked chocolate fondue pot) and sons each took one.
This evening my DD called needing to borrow the crock pot again, but I'm needing it as well for weekend. So I went out to the garage and borrowed back my own for a few days from DS pile and delivered to DD.

What other kitchen appliance could be so popular and versatile?

Posts: 2649 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How funny! Along those lines, some friends and I were saying that we need to have a fondue party this summer and get some use out of our fondue pots...sort of the opposite problem from the crock pot convention.

Posts: 1739 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
But you can't have too many!

Kinda like how many screwdrivers a man has in his toolbox. Wink

Posts: 16576 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
I'm just sorry that I got rid of my original orange, round (non-removable liner) Rival. It was kind of small (maybe 3-qts.).

I think it worked better than my MIL's, which I inherited. I didn't think I needed two c/p's and storage was an issue. Mom's was also an orange, round crockpot (model 3350/2), but it had a removable liner, which appealed to me. I didn't like its cheap plastic lid, so I shopped around for a replacement glass lid and found one for a couple of bucks at our local Goodwill store in my area.

Posts: 5887 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post