Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  What are you doing this Mother's Day?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you doing this Mother's Day? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted
All our children are coming over in just a few minutes, we're all going to church together and then out for a nice lunch on the river, and I already know that I'm having poached lobster... poached in butter Smile !! Next weekend we'll travel to visit my Mother to celebrate with her!
Happy Mother's Day to all!

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
Oldest daughter is having us all over for a BBQ. I offered to bring the dessert so that she would have one less thing to do. After all, it's her day, too!

Posts: 5887 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
We ate Italian out yesterday to avoid the crush of people. Son went with us to church and then out for pizza - LOL Italian again, but not elbow-to-elbow people.

Pizza place is not in our town, yet I saw three high school classmates and two under-classmates. Almost had a mini-reunion!

Posts: 16566 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Helping DD move out & clean her near off-campus housing.

Posts: 2642 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dh brought me home a burger for lunch and then Italian for dinner. It was nice. The dishes are still on the table. I must be expecting too much.

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I celebrated Saturday, and had a great day! My kids live in other states, so I have to make my own fun.

DH and I went to a quilt show, we stumbled on a great estate sale, full of quilting stuff, then out for dinner.

I hope everyone had a nice day.

Ann

Posts: 3545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jo-CT
posted Hide Post
DH and I went to a little Turkish restaurant Sat. night. Food was delicious as always. Had Lamb shish ka bob over rice with an eqqplant/roasted pepper appetizer. Sunday my twin DD's came over and helped him cook out. We had steaks, string beans, roasted potatos and oreo pudding pie. They did a great job!

Posts: 1314 | Location: Southwestern, CT | Registered: Aug 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Well...

DH took me to lunch yesterday. I paid the bill. LOL. (He doesn't like doing the math).

DD stopped by with a gift and a hand written card. So special and thoughtful.

Dson took me out to breakfast this morning. We ordered and THEN he says forgot my wallet. OOPS- I paid again. He is my last birdie (dson) and ready to fly on his own. He moves out this week. Hope he remembers to take his wallet.

No matter that I had to pay, it was still special to spend time with the guys and DD.

Happy Mother's Day!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9344 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Went to church with my mom and dad and fixed lunch at my house afterwards.
DD has recently accepted a nursing position in another town so it was wonderful having her home. DS and wife said I would be a grandmother for the 2nd time in December. It was a good Mother's DaySmile

Posts: 2136 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post