Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  OT - Connecting with old friends
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT - Connecting with old friends Sign In/Join 
posted
Something I did tonight turned out so great and wonderful that it made me want to start a new thread ~ yes, an off-topic one!

How many of you have people from an earlier time in your life that you have lost touch with? Seems like it has been so long that you would have to begin with an introduction? Me, too, but I crossed one name off my list tonight!

I remembered that it was my old friend's birthday today and decided to take a chance ~ she is 2 months and 22 days older than me and she never let me forget it from first grade on! So, tonight, I let her know that I haven't forgotten her either. I was a little nervous as the phone rang, but when she answered, she knew my voice immediately so all my "planned" comments went out the window as we both laughed, talked over each other and it was as if time had stood still or maybe backed up! Big Grin

If there is someone you remember and wish you could talk to just one more time, DO IT! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltzilla
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6621 | Registered: Aug 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
what a great story!

and yes, we all have those!

Martha

Posts: 5400 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Now you get to remind her that you are 2 years and 22 days YOUNGER!

Posts: 16466 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aww, that is sweet, IR!

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
My childhood best friend and I met in third grade.even though we live way across the country from each other, we are still in touch. We talk on the phone, and yes, it's really great to still stay in touch. I've also met up with childhood friends on Facebook too, it's fun catching up and staying in touch!

Posts: 3193 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post