Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Farmhouse Rules - anybody watching this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farmhouse Rules - anybody watching this? Sign In/Join 
Picture of junk collector
posted
Caught it this am for the first time, but I think it just debuted. Food TV needs new programming IMO, and this looks fun.

Anyone else catch this yet?

Posts: 3367 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I saw it and liked it although I felt she seemed a little "nervous".

I think it is interesting that two of their new shows are farm fresh ingredient shows - one in rural Minnesota and this one in upstate NY.

But I do know that is becomming a nationwide trend -- buying from the farmer.

Martha

Posts: 6132 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
I saw a few minutes of it last week. Not sure yet.

But, anything in place of that Pioneer Woman and the Sandwich King.

Fun and Info

Posts: 3573 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read an article promoting the show, and it is very much geared towards the farm to table movement.

I've set the dvr to catch this for me as I've all but stopped watching food network as it's been a bit boring these days.

Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed today's show. But I couldn't help but wonder if she is the network's hopeful replacement of Paula Deen. Has anyone heard if Paula's contract has been reinstated?

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1939 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is also a new show with a "young" southern cook. Trying to draw a new demographic perhaps?

BTW - we caught Alton Brown's live show a few weeks ago. Funny!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the young southern cook show yet! Does she live in farm country as well?

Martha

Posts: 6132 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by junk collector:
There is also a new show with a "young" southern cook. Trying to draw a new demographic perhaps?

BTW - we caught Alton Brown's live show a few weeks ago. Funny!

I don't know her name, but I think she won the Next Food Network Star.

Fun and Info

Posts: 3573 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it advertised during this other show (it's a cold stormy weekend and my backend has not left the couch). Haven't watched it yet but would love to hear from others who have.

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Wow, guess I haven't been watching TV much lately. Hadn't heard of either of these new shows. I love Alton Brown. He teaches so much when he's cooking and I'm sure its an adventure if you're cooking with him.

I'll keep my eye open for the new shows.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6698 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Farm Girl:
Wow, guess I haven't been watching TV much lately. Hadn't heard of either of these new shows. I love Alton Brown. He teaches so much when he's cooking and I'm sure its an adventure if you're cooking with him.

I'll keep my eye open for the new shows.

It was a funny performance and a packed house. He sings! Funny guy!

posted Hide Post
I don't much care for the Farmhouse woman. I know the shows are scripted but it just seems like she is trying to hard. The other new show from the next food network star is hosted by Damaris Phillips and it's mostly southern cooking. She has men on the show to teach them how to cook for their significant other. I've only seen it twice. It's ok but I'm not sad if I miss it. Saturday they had a show on that was Thanksgiving Live with Alton, Bobby Flay, Giada and Ina. It was a disappointment because it was supposed to be a show where viewers called in or tweeted or posted their food questions on facebook but everyone was talking over each other and it was hard to hear any answers and the questions they chose to answer seemed to fit their agenda and really wasn't much help. The show is on as a repeat right this very minute if anyone wants to watch it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AC Fan,

Posts: 42 | Registered: Feb 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beedeeess
posted Hide Post
I agree AC Fan, I know they were talking about ca creamy corn pudding and I thing Giada said she was going to make it and that was it. No instructions, tips, or go to the website for the recipe. What was that????

Posts: 295 | Location: Southampton, NJ | Registered: Nov 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wannaquilt2:
I really enjoyed today's show. But I couldn't help but wonder if she is the network's hopeful replacement of Paula Deen. Has anyone heard if Paula's contract has been reinstated?

My thoughts exactly! Have not heard about the reinstatement of Paula's contract... however, I wish she were back!

Posts: 992 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No her contract wasn't reinstated. She is definitely missed by a lot of viewers based on comments on the food network face book page. She has made appearances on her son Bobby's show "Not Your Mama's Cooking but they are repeats. I don't think she has been on since the new season started. She was also on Jamie's show a couple of times. Bobby's show is on the Cooking Channel, sister station to the FN and Jamie's show was on FN but right now they took his off and put on the new show Southern at Heart and also the farm house show. I think he will have another season though.

Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beedeeess:
I agree AC Fan, I know they were talking about ca creamy corn pudding and I thing Giada said she was going to make it and that was it. No instructions, tips, or go to the website for the recipe. What was that????

I think they changed things up when she cut her hand and left the kitchen.

Fun and Info

Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AC Fan:
No her contract wasn't reinstated. She is definitely missed by a lot of viewers based on comments on the food network face book page. She has made appearances on her son Bobby's show "Not Your Mama's Cooking but they are repeats. I don't think she has been on since the new season started. She was also on Jamie's show a couple of times. Bobby's show is on the Cooking Channel, sister station to the FN and Jamie's show was on FN but right now they took his off and put on the new show Southern at Heart and also the farm house show. I think he will have another season though.

She might be missed, but she had become a parody of herself. I didn't care for her the last several seasons. Waaayyy too fake.

Fun and Info

posted Hide Post
Charming, her fans have been driving all of us nuts with their constant posting about her. No matter what the topic starts out with they intrude and ruin the thread. I agree with you, she isn't the same woman I first watched when she started on FN. She has been gone since June and her fans just won't let it go.

Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
I really don't get obsessing over anyone in the public eye.

I like some of her recipes, I've purchased several of her cookbooks and even given items from her shop as gifts, but the woman couldn't cook a decent vegetable if her life depended on it!! I followed her directions once for a vegetable, I thought it was too long a cooking time and I was correct - it was mush.

Fun and Info

Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Like everyone else, I've always enjoyed the positive things about Paula. BUT, I was absolutely flabbergasted seeing her on an Oprah show a year or two ago. She was unkept with no make-up or hair done, in pajamas, with VULGAR actions I cannot type here. It was shocking that it aired. Add this to watching her try to be so cutsie on her party show where she sat on men's laps and sucked on their fingers. So now I have trouble wondering which Paula is real.

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1939 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
I find a lot of her comments crude and embarrassing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charming,

Fun and Info

posted Hide Post
I don't understand why her sons haven't told her she is getting out of line with her double meaning comments. Especially Jamie since she is the grandmother to his sons. wannaquilt2 if it was the eclair comment I heard about it but didn't see it. That had to be pretty disgusting.