Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Here's a good salad recipe . . .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's a good salad recipe . . . Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
CRANBERRY SALAD

Romaine lettuce (no substitutions)
Red onion
Dried Cranberries
Mandarin orange segments
Walnuts
Girard's Champagne Dressing (no subst.)
Feta cheese

This is a great combination! Enjoy.

Posts: 5880 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love salads in the summer. Thanks for posting this combination.

Posts: 1721 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seaborne
posted Hide Post
I make this salad with "fresh" oranges, using the accumulated juices from segmenting the oranges in my own dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey.

Seaborne

Posts: 974 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Nov 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I love lettuce and fruit salads -- I've not seen a Girard's dressing here but will look for it. I usually make my own.

Martha

Posts: 5397 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
This sounds so refreshing, definitely going to try it! I think, if I'm not mistaken, Girard's dressings are found on the shelf, not in the refrigerated produce section.

Posts: 904 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's another good fruit and lettuce combo salad that I found when looking for sides to serve with something I was preparing. We can't even remember what the main dish was, but the salad is a winner. Roquefort pear salad with leaf lettuce, glazed pecans, and avocado.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/roquefort-pear-salad/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sms29s66,

Posts: 3234 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah. All these sweet and savory salads sound terrific.

Here's one of my favorites, an oldie but goodie from Ina Garten: http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=413193

Posts: 5163 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seaborne
posted Hide Post
Aychihuahua: That Ina Garten salad is wonderful - and I would use that dressing recipe, only substituting honey for the maple syrup - and I would use seasoned rice vinegar instead of the cider vinegar - but I do like the orange juice and rind.

Seaborne

Posts: 974 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Nov 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaborne:
Aychihuahua: That Ina Garten salad is wonderful - and I would use that dressing recipe, only substituting honey for the maple syrup - and I would use seasoned rice vinegar instead of the cider vinegar - but I do like the orange juice and rind.

Great subsitutions. I love honey and seasoned rice vinegar for a dressing.

Posts: 5163 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Those salads and dressing sound delish! Thanks for posting!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9318 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Oh yes that's sounds like a great combo I'd make often!

Posts: 2639 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 755 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great-sounding recipe; I'll be adding this one to my file. Thanks Lori.

Posts: 77 | Location: Killeen, Texas | Registered: Jul 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post