Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Cheddar cheese, bacon, almonds mayo appetizer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheddar cheese, bacon, almonds mayo appetizer Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
I cannot for the life of me remember who, on this board, recently said it was one of their favorite hors d'oeuvres.

I got a last-minute invite to dinner tonight and when I asked what could I bring, the hostess said an appetizer. I couldn't locate the thread, but I was pretty sure that I had all the ingreds. for this appetizer, so I just googled: cheddar cheese, bacon, almonds, and mayo. It appears that this recipe is called: Neiman Marcus Dip. I just made it and it's very good. I'm sure it'll even be better in a couple of hours after it's had a chance for the flavors to blend.

1/4 c sliced almonds, toasted
4 slices bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
1 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 green onion, sliced thinly
1/2 c mayo
Salt (ooops, I forgot to put this in!)

Combine until well mixed. Serve with crackers or apple slices. I don't want to have to go to the store so I'm using what I have on hand--Ritz. I'm sure there are better cracker choices though. I will definitely make this easy dip again.

Posts: 6090 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
That sounds delish and has 5 of my fav foods! Most cheddars are salty enough so the salt won't be missed.

Would also be good served with short pieces of celery.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12755 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post