Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dinner calendar Sign In/Join 
posted
Does anyone keep one?
Yesterday I printed out some blank calendar sheets, and I want to keep track of what we have for dinner every night. I don't have a purpose in mind, just feel like tracking it for a while.

Holly

Posts: 3016 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
That's a good idea if you tend to get into a rut with meals. For us - it is usually an adventure so I had not thought about it.

Back to add:

On second thought = not a bad idea for using planned left overs. I have a bad habit of tossing meats especially because I left it too long in the fridge before reusing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charming,

Fun and Info

Posts: 3606 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
No, other than posting on the dinner thread here!

Martha

Posts: 6350 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
No, but I do feel our meals are in a rut sometimes. Mostly because I'm tired of cooking.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6824 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Farm Girl:
No, but I do feel our meals are in a rut sometimes. Mostly because I'm tired of cooking.

Me too! Tired of cooking. I have yard work that needs done and I could spend the time there more productively!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5120 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy cooking, when I have the time and inclination. Work interferes with both, LOL.

Posts: 3016 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Hub requested pizza for tonight, but I've got other plans.

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned Chicken 65. Decided to experiment: changed the chicken to flounder. Oh my is it ever wonderful!

Posts: 5238 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
If we are having visitors for a few days, I'll make up list, but otherwise, no.

Posts: 2931 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Like CJO I only make menu lists when expecting company. I plan all meals so I am sure to have all ingredients on hand.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12755 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post