Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Linderhof, I may have a taker!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Linderhof, I may have a taker!!!!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
I just found out a friend of ours will be leaving for Topeka, Kansas tomorrow. I quickly went to see if they go anywhere near Kansas City, MO (Chas Elbow Chocolates) and they do!!!!
If they have time or it's not too much out of their way, they might be able to pick up some chocolates for my dad. How cool is that? And we will be able to take them to him as we're going to MI in early August...so I may not have to mail them after all! Doing the happy dance!!! I hope it all works out...otherwise, I am going to check into mail ordering.

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Topeka isn't that far from KC. Christopher Elbow is what I call downtown but it may be what they now call the Crossroads District and it really isn't that far off the freeway. As you drive down the street, it's just a row of buildings and there is a very small (well probably not all that small but from the street it seems like it is) stylized "E" over the door! I usually can find parking on the street. And if they do go, tell them to ask for Cecelia. If she's there, I would appreciate it if they would say that they're they're because a friend of Martha's in Minnesota sent them. She'll get a hoot out of that!!!!

Hope it works out for you as well!

Are you getting some for yourself -- you really should -- the turtles are TDF. Well, actually EVERYTHING is TDF! But I think the turtles are a bargain!

Martha

Posts: 5404 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Ok, sent her that message in an email.

And, yes, I told her to pick some up for us and themselves, too, and to charge it to her boss.
(my husband) Smile

p.s. And yes, I sent her a list of suggestions, with turtles and caramels on the top of the list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post