Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  BBQ Sauce w/o HFCS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBQ Sauce w/o HFCS Sign In/Join 
posted
What are some good bbq sauces without high fructose corn syrup? Use Bullseye right now, but want to find something better. Tried making my own, but even after a bunch of tweaking it was still missing something. And it took too long.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Feb 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
I make my own in a slow cooker. It is far superior to store bought.

I know you asked about other bottled sauce, but if you'd like my recipe, just let me know.

Posts: 16479 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Sherry, I'd like your recipe. Smile

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
I can't delete my previous post so please ignore it. Stubbs's BBQ sauce is a Texas style BBQ sauce that is popular and doesn't have HFCS.

Posts: 2641 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Are you still there?

While shopping the other day, I browsed and found two sauces without HFCS for you. Bandana's, which is a restaurant local to the St. Louis metro area, and Jack Daniel's. If you can't find them in stores where you are, you can buy them online.

Posts: 4342 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
still tryin: When we were in Austin a few years back, they used Stubbs. And could we have been in the place with the same name???

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nance425:
still tryin: When we were in Austin a few years back, they used Stubbs. And could we have been in the place with the same name???

Nance, A restaurant reopened a year after Mr. Stubb's death in Austin bearing his name so it quite possible you did eat there. It's located at 801 Red River, Austin, TX. The restaurant has live music just as Christopher Stubb's original restaurant did.

Posts: 2641 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post