Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A "Foodie" Day Sign In/Join 
Picture of Linderhof
posted
It was a foodie day at Linderhof.

Firstly, I had four guests for lunch. The ladies that fed, watered or did something for me while I was gone for the month. Since we had been to Italy, I had an Italian meal -- salad, baked lemon ziti, homemade bread served warm, and tiramisu and espresso.

And today is our anniversary. Our 44th. I fixed filets, baked potato, asparagus with hollandaise, salad with blue cheese and Grand Marnier souffle for dessert. Oh, and we had a bottle of Pommeroy with it.

The dish washer is full and humming. The hand washables are in the sink for tomorrow morning. And DH and I are enjoying time together with the television and computer!

Martha

Posts: 6114 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary, Martha. Sounds like a wonderful day all around.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6694 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a really nice day to me!
Congratulations!

Posts: 3620 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary and sounds like a great foodie day!

Posts: 4553 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary!

Like you, I would prefer a home cooked meal over most restaurant meals. You could not have gotten anything better than what you prepared yourself!

Posts: 17201 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
And cheaper too! We were figuring at a really nice restaurant that we had probably a $200 meal with tip! And since we had the champagne in cellar, I spent probably $20 on the meal!

Martha

Posts: 6114 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary! We do the same.Food is always better cooked at home! Sounds yummy!!!

Carlene

Posts: 1691 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary and many more! Like my husband says, the best restaurant is home!

Posts: 991 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post