Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Pets
  Have you had a cat do this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you had a cat do this? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Timetosew
posted
My DH has dialysis three days a week and so I'm not always home to clean up our dog's poop du jour when it happens. Princess, our cat, will cover it up with dried grass, dirt, or whatever she can find. At first, I thought she had trained our 13 year old Golden to do it but the other day I saw her doing it herself. Have you ever had a cat do this?

Marilyn

Posts: 178 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Yes, sort of. My males will try to cover uneaten food, throw up, I found one trying to cover the water bowl with a throw rug this morning.

Posts: 3194 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too funny, Timetosew! Big Grin

Haven't seen it happen outside but definately have seen similar behavior with our cats indoors. Most of them are pretty fastidious but occasionally I have seen one or another jump into the box to "cover something" and give the other cat that look ~ "like, come on, show some self-dignity and respect for the rest of us!"

Have to say that a cat doing it for a dog is a new one to me, though.... Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of luvtoflip
posted Hide Post
Can't say I've ever seen a cat do this for a dog but somehow I'm not surprised.

I also have a cat who will cover the other cats' "gift" from the litterbox. I don't think Lola learned this from her mother (was found early and taken into vet's office for adoption).
Even though she has watched Callie cover, Lo tries but doesn't always do the best job...bless its heartWink

Heck, I've even tried to show her how to do it.LOL She has improved, but she still seems to scratch the sides of the box, the floor...everywhere but to area that needs to be covered.

Anyway, I'd say that you have a very respectful kitty~Smile

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Posts: 2867 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Oct 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post