Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Pets
  Litter Locker???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Litter Locker??? Sign In/Join 
posted
Sister gave me this thing a few weeks ago. Says it works fine but wasn't convenient with 2 separate litter boxes?? In my thinking, pet version of "diaper genie" things... long, continuous tube/bag.

Do ya have one? Like/love/hate it?

Posts: 5631 | Location: mount holly, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two and love them. I use them with four litter boxes. They work great for disposing used litter and eliminating odor. The replacement bag things get a little expensive since I have a lot of used litter. But, the convenience of cutting the bag (built in cutter) and tie wrapping it to put in the garbage is worth it.

I'm not sure why your sister said that it wasn't convenient to use with two separate litter boxes, unless they are located in different areas.

Have you tried it yet?

Posts: 452 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't used it yet?? Would like to find a manual for it, but no "model #" to be found on it? Looks similar but NOT identical to what's on LL web site. Has these wheelie things you apparently turn on sides after each use.

Posts: 5631 | Location: mount holly, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't have the wheel thing you turn. It has a handle you pull out so that the used litter drops into the bag. I have no idea how the one with a wheel would work. Sorry!

Posts: 452 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did a little googling and actually found a video that shows just how the thing works and how to empty/reload! Sister said she got it at P-smart and to make sure I get correct refill bag thing. From what I found online, the model I & II look a little squared off compared to the model ?? that this one is. Have started using it and works fine. The wheelie things on side twist the bag after use to seal off "stuff".