Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Pets
  Where's Kirk? Edited: I Saw Him Yesterday!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where's Kirk? Edited: I Saw Him Yesterday! Sign In/Join 
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted
Son came over this evening. He was in his pickup not on his motorcycle. When he walked in the door I asked, "Where's Kirk?" No...I did not say, "Hello" or "I love you." I wanted to know where Kirk was. I haven't seen him in a couple of months. Kirk was not with him. Frown

While we were on vacation last week, son came over and checked on everything for us. THAT day he brought Kirk with him. (Oh, Kirk is a dachshund.) Son said Kirk ran in the house and stopped in the living room and looked around. He ran to my sewing room. Ran back through the living room through the dining room and kitchen to husband's office. Back to the dining room, stopped, cocked his head as if asking son, "Well. Where are they?" Son went out the back door and Kirk ran up the hill to the shop. Circled it. Ran back down to the house and gave son the same look.

When son left this evening, I told him that I loved him but he better bring Kirk with him next time or don't come at all. Wink

Son moved back "home" about April or May. He lived in the house with us for a couple of weeks then moved out to our camper. He got a job about 30 miles away. We gave him the camper and he has it in an RV park close to his job. He purchased a dog run that fits perfectly in the slot behind the camper for when son is at work so Kirk won't be cooped up in the camper (and destroy it). Even though I don't do animals in the house and Kirk was in a dog run while here, I got rather attached to the little booger. If son worked days, husband let Kirk out to run some time during the day. (We are rural with 10 acres.) If son worked swing, after I got off work we would both go let him out to run. I ALWAYS took a treat with me. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KeepYouInStitches,

Posts: 17366 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
You need to write a book composed of all your stories... I think you're a closet author! Smile

Posts: 1022 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KYIS you are just like my sister (lives 2 hours away). Every time we talk on the phone she wants to know when Bella is coming to see her, that Bella misses her and wants to come.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17366 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
You know you're in line behind the pet when your mom writes her cat's birthday on the new year's calendar BEFORE she writes her children and grandchildren's birthdays on the calendar Smile This has been a joke of ours for the past 14 years. She lost her 24 lb. baby about a month ago and it's been hard on my mom. She misses him terribly.

Posts: 2308 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frown I've lost my fair share of pets and refuse to have another.
Husband agrees.

StepD mentioned once or twice to her dad about he needed a dog, and he realized what she was getting at so told her under no uncertain terms that he did not need or want a dog to either have to drag around with us when we traveled or board while we were gone.

So...I can love Kirk from afar! Smile Win-win situation. As long as son remembers to bring him visiting!!!

posted Hide Post
Big Grin Son came over early Saturday before the family reunion. Kirk ran in with him. I grabbed him up and he nuzzled my neck - he is not a face licker. Smile

After we got him settled in the screen room with a puppy pad just in case - THEN I hugged son.

Son and husband left for the reunion an hour early to set up the room. Before I left, Kirk and I took a walk.

StepD and family came to our house afterwards and they all agree that he is a sweet dog. Son wants another small dog so Kirk won't be so alone the 12 hours son works...so the hunt is on for a sweet gentle 'fixed' mate for Kirk.

Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
DH and I feel the same way KYIS. No more pets for us after these are gone.

Posts: 2308 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post