Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Pets
  Just for fun ~ How old are your 4-legged family members?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just for fun ~ How old are your 4-legged family members? Sign In/Join 
posted
Wow, how time flies....

Today rang a bell in my mind and I realized that was because I had watched one of our horses giving birth to her son on this date years ago - our Magic is 29! Seems like it was only yesterday when I watched him being born...

So I went back and did the calculations ~ counting on both hands! Razz

If Magic is 29, then Mischief is 27 and Champ is a "young" 25 ~ as far as the cats? Beets is a soon-to-be 20 year old (still 19), Tigger might be 17-18 (?), Bubba is close to 16, Tango and Alli will be 13 this August ~ that leaves our youngster, Haystack, who will turn 3 next May who keeps everyone young.... Big Grin

So, everyone, how old are the furry/hairy members of your family? Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness, I don't know exact ages for most of mine because they are found dogs and cats. But the two livestock guard dogs are 13 and 2 1/2 years.

Lady is about 13, PB 14-15, Grace 4-5, Annie 3-4, Oreo 3, Theo 3, Bear 3, Rusty Chico 13-14. The cats, Sam is 5, Tigger is 8.

Our pets are living much longer than they used to because there is better nutrition and better medical care available for them. As I get older--in my 70's now--I see how this creates a whole other set of problems for seniors who never expected their pets to outlive them.

Posts: 56 | Registered: Mar 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Brando the black and tan GSD is going to be four years old next month and Bacchus the white GSD just turned two on May 1st.

WOW, 29 years! I wish my dogs could live that long.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zone9alady,

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7301 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mona the mastiff is 5. Rocky and Zoe (GSDs) will turn 9 in a few days. Sammy is 14 and Boo will be 13. Snowball is 4 and Speedy will be 2. Good nutritious food, lots of loving care and attentive vets have kept them all healthy and happy!

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
Eartha Kitty is 11 and a sweet baby gurl. Digitz, my mitten kitten/hemmingway is going on 6 this July.

Love the name Haystack Idaho...that's just too cute!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grey will be 6 next month (I count his birthday from the time he adopted me). Dulcey and Cissey will be 5. Cissey is Grey's daughter, I think Dulcey's father is a cat that lived up the street, Frosty. And I'm not sure about Cheetah. He just showed up, and liked us and stuck around last summer. I think he might be about 4 or 5.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Chadbourn, NC USA | Registered: Jan 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy_in_wlsv
posted Hide Post
Sylvia is 15, Skittles is 3 and Storageddon is about 2 now. All cats.

Sylvia is a dilute calico long hair female, Skittles is a FAT white short hair with a few spots and Stormy is pure absolute pitch black short hair. we call him our "rescue panther" like in the GEICO commercials.

Life is GOOD!!

Posts: 1521 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phoebe just turned eight. She's a pekepoo.

And earlier today, she wriggled out of her harness at the duck pond and went for a ONE HOUR swim chasing the ducks. Every time she came out of the water to chase them, she jumped back in before my daughter or I could catch her. Finally my daughter enlisted the services of four little boys who pounced on her as soon as she came ashore.

Here's a shot of the little snot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sms29s66,

Posts: 3256 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
my 2 dogs are 6 and 5 months

My 2 cats are 6 and 1 year

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Timetosew
posted Hide Post
Turbo our Golden Retriever is 13 years old as of March 1 and Princess our cat will be 2 years old in July. Princess is a tortoiseshell with white.

Posts: 178 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fluffy9856
posted Hide Post
The girls(dogs) are both 5 and the boys (cats) are 9, 8 and 1. We swore that 4 was are limit but couldn't resist Max at the adoption fair so he is our "bonus baby", LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fluffy9856,

Tucson, AZ

Posts: 210 | Registered: Jan 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GypsyDancer52
posted Hide Post
Our Lab Mix, Pebbles, is 6 years and our Chocolate Lab, Sugar is 6 or 7 years. The people we got her from, off Craigslist couldn't remember her exact age.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Sep 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Thai, our cat, is 2 1/2
The dogs, Harley the red heeler is 4
Jincy, the bull-lab mix is probably 6 or 7?
The Quarter horses, one mare is 8 and the gelding is 7.
We are way down in numbers. DH wants a catahoula hound so we are looking. They are not a very well known breed around here.

Idaho, do you still ride your horses? We rode our mares way up into their 20's. Just trail rides nothing strenuous. As far your cats and their ages, they probably weren't too happy with you when you brought Haystack in amongst them and upset their peaceful domain Smile

Posts: 2143 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy_in_wlsv
posted Hide Post
Finally got a picture of my elderly cat. Sylvia is 16 and Still plays and hunts well.
More photos of Skittles, Stormagedden and Shadow later!

Life is GOOD!!

Posts: 1521 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did Sylvia come by her name? Usually the character in the book or movie called Sylvia is a real b*tch. I have made quite a study of this since my name is Sylvia as well! Smile

Posts: 3256 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy_in_wlsv
posted Hide Post
Sylvia was named by the volunteers at the shelter where I got her. I was quite involved in forestry at the time and the name seemed very appropriate.

Sylvia actually IS a b*tch.. She quietly despises all the other cats, and doesn't suffer fools gladly.

But she adores me and DH, and will physically do what ever it takes to make sure one of us is stroking her head when ever we sit on the sofa.

Life is GOOD!!

posted Hide Post
Yay, Sylvia! She has a lot of responsibility bearing that name. Smile I can see why her name would also appeal to anyone in forestry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sms29s66,

posted Hide Post
My girl Birdie will be 10 in March.She's a Border Collie.
OOPs sorry forgot the tag was on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1410 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snapper is 10 and Boomer is 9. Seems like yesterday...

Posts: 477 | Location: Cape Cod  | Registered: Oct 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such pretty pets! My mutt is 5 years.

Posts: 6768 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post