Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Pets
  What's your pet's favoite toy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your pet's favoite toy? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Timetosew
posted
Just curious because while our yellow Lab grandpup is crazy for tennis balls, our Golden doesn't have anything to do with tennis balls, but loves his rag bone. Princess, our cat will enjoy one thing one day and then totally ignores it the next. Right now, she favors her collapsible tunnel and the ping pong balls in the bathtub.

Marilyn

Posts: 178 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two one year old cats love Da Bird. All four of my cats love what else,but a plain old string. Best toy ever is a bug from outside.

Posts: 448 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kathy_in_wlsv
posted Hide Post
our cats are very selective.

Skittles ADORES the bathtub drain plug. We have to put it way up high or else we find it in the front hall or kitchen. (it's full of teeth marks)

Stormagedden loves the laser pointer, but none of the other cats even look at it.

Sylvia likes string or feathers, but not too much at a time and not too often, thanks.. course she's almost 16 so its to be expected.

Stormbringer hasn't gotten around to playing yet, he's still just stunned that he gets to eat on a regular basis.

and we have a mini Webkinz gerbil that all the cats take turns carrying around as though they were great hunters.

they all like boxes and paper grocery bags and throw rugs too.

Life is GOOD!!

Posts: 1510 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pekepoo loved her squeaky fish. It had huge lips and my sister named it Angelina FishEE!

Posts: 3241 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
They both love their "Chuck-it Balls"

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Mona adores her Orca jack--it's looks like a giant child's jack and is about 6 inches wide and her blue Orka tubes with ropes that hang out. Orka makes soft blue plastic products that are pliable. Of course, since she's a mastiff, she chews off large chunks but that gives her lots of pleasure. She also loves to rip apart dog toys with squeakers in them but that takes her about 10 minutes max--she only gets them when they are on super special!

Posts: 3049 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoW
posted Hide Post
Mine ignore toys and play with each other, or they play with me. They also knock stuff off countertops and empty any drawer that isn't completely closed.

Posts: 8582 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska, USA | Registered: Oct 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timetosew, What a great topic - thanks for posting it. Smile

Well, have to say that most of our furry kids aren't into store-bought toys except the cat laser light - that one they do love. Instead, they mostly like creating their own toys from everyday household items - packing material, boxes, sacks, pieces of cardboard (both small and large) that can be "packed" and made into a "fort" from which they can attack one another. No worries, no damage done ~ they roll and jump and then run back to play the game all over again!

Haystack's latest "favorite toy" is something unusual - ice cubes! We have an automatic door dispenser that sometimes drops a cube or two after we have used it.

Haystack will jump up and swing from side to side, batting at it to get it out. When it finally pops out, she tackles it and is sure she is the best Ice Hockey player ever. When the others challenge her, she grabs the ice cube in her mouth and runs upstairs to hide it in her "cache" and then always accuses me of stealing it when it "disappears...." Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IR, we call ice cubes "water bones"! Smile

Posts: 3241 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pupper's favorite toy is the one that is the most slobbery!

Posts: 5029 | Location: NE of S.F. | Registered: Apr 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Thai my cat loves his frog that "ribbits" and the laser light that IR recommended.

The dogs love a Frisbee.

Posts: 2133 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I heard that laser lights can harm their eyes. Are the pet ones something different?

Posts: 6732 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When June adopted me at the county animal shelter, sister gave me a LOAD of cat toys that her two (trapped as teeny ferals) apparently were bored with. Two of those round wheel things with a ball inside... one with corrogated center for scratching. A few small stuffed "mice" and a bunch of other stuff. The little mice... she ADORES after being generously smooshed in cat nip... pretty darn entertaining to me, too. I'll find the soft toys in a different place almost every morning... QUIET play while I'm sleeping? She'll periodically go at those wheel things during the night... briefly waking me up to determine what that NOISE is??

Pesky squirrels & chipmunks keep her occupied when they're out on deck. She's INSIDE but stil stalks up to screen door. They're either really STOOPID or completely get that they're totally safe.

Sometimes shoe laces infatuate her... makes it a challenge to tie sneakers!?!

Posts: 5577 | Location: mount holly, NJ, USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metwo:
I thought I heard that laser lights can harm their eyes. Are the pet ones something different?

metwo, These are NOT the laser pen lights used in office presentations - they are specifically designed for cats! LOL

Plus you don't shine/aim them at their head/eyes - rather at the floor, walls, ceilings or wherever you want them to play! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post