Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Pets
  "North America" - Discovery Channel and Animal Planet animal series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"North America" - Discovery Channel and Animal Planet animal series Sign In/Join 
Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted
I have never posted here because I have no pets, yet animals are a passion.

I have been watching a series on Discovery Channel and now I see it on Animal Planet, narrated by Tom Selleck entitled "North America".

I find this the most amazing animal series ever. The nature/animal/geographical photography are spectacular, Tom's voice over is soothing, the narrative is like poetry -- so descriptive and unusual, and the insertion of appropriate music for the particular scene is genius (IMHO).

This is one of those programs (7 in the series) that I could watch uncounted repeats. Just fascinating.

Has anyone else seen it and had a similar reaction? Thanks for reading -- I just had to write this down somewhere!

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I have not seen it, but will be sure to watch for it (thanks for sharing). Will also check the DC/AP web sites to see if they run repeats on line?

Posts: 9615 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted Hide Post
I've just watched them all afternoon -- again. Here's the music list I mentioned above:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-sh...t-the-show/music.htm

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a really good series of programs, MLV, I'll have to watch for them. Thanks for posting. Cool

Posts: 6492 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post