Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Valentine PC swap - quick question here!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valentine PC swap - quick question here!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of fishingwidow
posted
Hi ladies,

Just wondered if anyone wanted to do a Valentine Post Card swap.

I would keep the groups limited to 5 or 6 people at the most. Probably would take sign ups until the 25th. Then get them in the mail the first of February.

Mary

Participants (so far)

fishingwidow
PatV82
LisaP8
toryan
angelinamor
tanzie
EvelynB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fishingwidow,

Posts: 4055 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
hmm, I think I will have to pass on this since I am in three projects/challenges that have to be done around March.

Posts: 3310 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
OH, I was hoping we would get some takers!

Mary

Posts: 4055 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
give me a couple more days, I want to talk to my guild ladies about this. there are several of them on the board but they're shy. I think PCs are the perfect way to get to know folks.

I hope yall had a wonderful Christmas/New Year! I've been really enjoying my little horse bag!!!!

Posts: 4144 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
That PC I put inside your Secret Santa Stocking was the first one I had made. It needed more bling but getting it to you ahead of time was more important.
I have really enjoyed the mugrug swaps from 2013. So this would be fun. Sign me up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PatV82,

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 491 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
I haven't been on the board in ages but am hoping to get involved more again. If this takes off, I'll participate Smile

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8863 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Would we make a PC for each person in the group?

Posts: 4144 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Yes, Tory - you will need to make a pc for each person in your group. And if there are 5 or 6 max in each group, then you would need to make 4 or 5.

Hope you join in.

Mary

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Sign me up Mom!

Posts: 661 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Please put me down & I'll let you know if any of the others want ** join

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just updated the list and we have 5 signups which will be enough for one group.

So this will be good to send PCs. We will keep sign ups open till the 25th to see if we pick up anymore interested. The Valentine PC swap is one of my favorites.

So you ladies can PM me with your board name, real name and addresses.

Thanks much, ladies.

Mary

Picture of tanzie
posted Hide Post
Toryam thinks /i can do this,, what am I signing up for?
thanks
tanzie

Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our valentine post card swap Tanzie. WE will be decorating and swapping cards with each other. Right now, including you, we have six people signed up. That is the maximum amount for one group and if we get anymore sign ups, I will split us into 2 groups.

Will Tory show you how to do the pc's? There are lots of tutorials on line. And one of the gals on here (mandylifeboats, I think) had a great tutorial. I looked for it but couldn't find it.

So let me know if you need help and will get you some info.

Mary

Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5054 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
found my directions:

i use fabric on the back. i use a substance called fast2fuse or peltex in the middle. it is like timtex but it has a fusible on both sides of it.

Materials:

Fast2Fuse interfacing or peltex 72 interfacing (www.sewthankful.com sells it) i get 42 from a yard. some joann's carry it. ask for it.

Fusible web (I use steam a seam)
Scraps of fabric
Design to trace

Cut fast2fuse/peltex 4 x 6
Cut front fabric 4 x 6
Cut backing (address side) 4 x 6

Lightly iron front fabric to fast2fuse
Fuse design on front fabric (snowmen, trees)
Quilt it (optional) use a clear or colored contrasting
top thread and a white bottom thread
Turn over and iron backing fabric on (something light
colored so address will show up)

Give both sides a good press now.

Finish with satin, zigzag or fancy stitch all around

or

Cut ¾ inch wide strips (backed in fusible), fold in half lengthwise. butt edge of postcard to fold and iron down (watch your fingers). turn postcard over, and iron down to back.

Use pigma pen .08 to draw in details/address on back

go to post office and have them tell you how much postage. maybe you can slap a forever stamp on there and be good to go. i don't know anymore.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 5054 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Thanks much Mandie!!

Anymore takers! Still have time to sign up.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just moving this up. Have a few days more for anyone to sign up.

So anyone else want to join in?

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Want to move this up. Will be sending out all the addresses to everyone. And I think I still need PatV8 to send me her addy.

Also we have 6 signups so that would mean we each would have to send out 5 pc's.

Is that ok with everyone? Or would you want to split into 2 groups, with 3 in each, so then we would only have to send out 2 each.

I am ok with sending to all, unless the majority would want to split into 2 groups.

Mary

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
I have mine ready to go so I vote for all 5, lol. O course I can use them for my guild ladies if y'all would rather spot the group, I'm easy to get along with, haha

Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
5 is fine with me Smile

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8863 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up too.
Evelyn

Posts: 7545 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I see we have another sign up.

Welcome Evelyn. That brings our total to 7. We have one more day for signups. We will see if we get anymore to join us.

Going to work on mine this weekend. Got my idea what I am going to do. Sometimes that is the hardest for me.

Mary

Mary

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
If you don't get enough for a second group just take off my name. Don't want too large a geoup.

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
We could still do two groups, one with 3, one with 4. Or we could just send to the five that come after our own name.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Well, we have 7 people. We have two options as I do not want to exclude EvelynB.

We can form into 2 groups. One with 4 and one with 3 people.

Or we can each send 5 PC and that would be to each of the 5 people under your name.

Thanks for suggesting such a good solution Tory.

So will wait till I hear from everone on this.

Mary

Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
I have no preference- whatever works Smile

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of tanzie
posted Hide Post
I'm easy.. Just tell me what to do Smile

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I made an executive decision since there seemed to be no strong opinions as to which way to set up groups.

I liked toryan's suggestions to send to the five people under your name. So here is who each person will send their 5 PVC,s to.

Fishingwidow sends to PatV82, LisaP8, toran, angelinamor and tanzie.

Pat V8s sends to LisaP8, toran, angelinamor, tanzie and Evelyn B.

Lisa P8 sends to toryan, angelinamore, tanzie, Evelyn B, fishingwidow.

Toryan sends to angelinamor , tanzie, Evelyn B and fishingwidow and PatV82.

Angelinamor sends to tanzie, Evelyn B, fishingwidow, Pat V82 and Lisa P8.

Tanzie sends to EvelynB, fishingwidow, Pat V82 , LisaP8 and toryan.

Evelyn B. sends to fishingwidow, PatV82, Lisa P8, toryan and angelinamor.

So hope this is clear.

Also will send the addresses by PM.

Happy Valentines Day ladies.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I am sending out addresses now.

Still need an address from PatV82.

Mary

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mary,
Thank you for including me. I do love displaying the cards I get.
Evelyn

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Yay! I'm so excited to get my names! Happy Sunday!!

Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Yea!
Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
yay! Now to get sewing!!!

Posts: 661 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Did you get my PM with my address? Mine are started and should be ready to mail before Friday, Feb 1. Somebody pinch me - it's February already!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 491 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi ladies,

Corrected your list Lisa. Had a scr*w up and didn't count correct. Sorry about that.

And Pat I got your address and added it to the PM that I sent to everyone. Thanks

I think that takes care of everything. Let me know if you didn't get the PM with all the addresses.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just moving this up. Will get my cards out next week.

Mary

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see pic's.

I wanted to get in on this but w/ my back injury, I can't sit at my machine just yet, so had to sit it out. 1st valentine pc swapped I missed in a few yrs! There's always next yr, right? Big Grin

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6819 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine out Wednesday! Can't wait to see what all has been done!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Mine are finished and will get them in the mail on Monday.

Happy Valentine's Day !!

Picture of tanzie
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine today!! I hope I did it correctly!!

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Just finished mine. Will mail Monday if the weather's not too bad.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Mine are finished too. Going to mail in the a.m.

Mary

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Got mine to the post office this morning. Snowy but no ice here.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Got my first card from Toryam. So cute! Love the reverse appliqued heart.
The post office put it in an envelope because it got caught in a machine. Your postal worker should mark them hand stamp to avoid those machines.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm the lucky one. Today I got two more wonderful cards from Tanzie & fishingwidow. Thanks, ladies!

Picture of tanzie
posted Hide Post
woohoo!!!

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Got fun PCs from Toryam and EvelynB. Thanks, ladies!
Mine are going in the mail today - be on the lookout!

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Been waiting to see pic's....whose gonna be the 1st to share 'em? lol

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6819 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Got cute cards today from fishing widow and Evelyn. Y'all used the exact same pair of stamps, lol

Picture of tanzie
posted Hide Post
I rcd a beautiful card from Fishing Widow today!!