Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  45 days left to the Get Your Mrs Claus On Doll Quilt deadline
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 days left to the Get Your Mrs Claus On Doll Quilt deadline Sign In/Join 
Picture of nlk
posted
Howdy to all you quilters who have signed up for the Get Your Mrs Claus On doll quilt project for 2014.

I know many, many of you have already sent in your quilts to Debbie & she has been so kind as to highlight each & every one that she has received so far on her blog ... http://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/

This is just a friendly reminder to let you know that we are approaching our Sept. 1 deadline for getting our little quilts sent to Debbie. Now I understand that life & other things get in the way of our best laid plans & you certainly can send your quilts in after Sept. 1. I just needed some sort of time frame in hopes that the majority of the quilts arrived to Debbie's house earlier enough for her to plan with the wonderful Greenville Woodworker's Guild ... http://greenvillewoodworkers.com/

Please let me know if you need Debbie's address when you are ready to send in you quilts.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each & every one of you who have participated in this project. You have been an encouragement to me & a joy to the many, many children who have received them. Thank you so very, very much. {{{HUGS}}} to you all!

Nicki

Posts: 8334 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. Will begin this weekend.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
will be on their way next week. At least that's my plan.

Posts: 4448 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. Mine are sitting here ready to be mailed. Just haven't thought about the sending part. Glad you prompted me to think about it. It's a wonderful project and I'm honored to be a part of it.

Posts: 278 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder! Time really sneaks by doesn't it? Smile

Posts: 4692 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I mailed two yesterday.

Posts: 521 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder...I have two, maybe three, tops ready to be quilted and bound. It's been so long since I pieced them, I can't remember!

I need to get busy!

Posts: 5030 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I just finished mine a day ago...ready to mail by the door. Was so much fun!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8905 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
I have mine started. Life has definitely happened here, but I'll get them done and mailed.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9585 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I have six doll quilts that I will mail next week. This is a good way to make up a quilt pattern to see if you really want to make the pattern in a larger size for a large quilt. It is also a way to use up a lot of your scraps.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3586 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Thx for the reminder.....I'm on schedule so far. It is always a joy to make these. ;-)

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1940 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shameful...hanging my head...Ill get my in the mail...I promise. Thanks for the reminder.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10151 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Geez-*****e! How did time get by me so fast!! I will get mine done and in the mail to Deb. Thanks for the heads up!!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5872 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5872 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Glad to see so many still working on them. Our quilters on this board are totally AWESOME!

Nicki

Posts: 8334 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found 2 patterns I want to try today. Will hopefully pull fabric tomorrow.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen, that's fantastic. I've sent my little quilts in but still want to make more if I get time.

Nicki

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Oh, been so busy with other things, I think I need to get mine packed up and sent as I am sure I won't any more made before this Christmas... Chris

Posts: 6228 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Chris, that's what I did. I just packed up what I had so as to get them in to Debbie & figure if I have time to make more that will be even better. If not, I've at least got my committment met for the year. Thanks for help with these.

I have Debbie's address for anyone who needs it.

Nicki

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really?? L*O*U*I*S*E

oh brother...Roll Eyes

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8905 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post