Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Michigan Unclaimed Money Has Been Updated
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan Unclaimed Money Has Been Updated Sign In/Join 
Picture of michelle1538
posted
The website has been updated and changed a little go see if you have any dough.....

Michelle

Posts: 1728 | Location: livin in the mitten | Registered: Mar 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of michelle1538
posted Hide Post
You will fins it here.

www.stateofmitreasurey
\

Posts: 1728 | Location: livin in the mitten | Registered: Mar 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
We found money for DH cousin. Amazing. she never let us know how much it was, but her name was on there.

Posts: 7828 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Found one of Dad's accounts was sent to the state of Texas. The bank had never sent us notice on that CD. Shocking to get $10,000. My FIL, SIL, DD have all found money from checking accounts, old pay checks that weren't forwarded, etc. Saturday we got a warning letter from one of our banks that our account was inactive and was being sent to the state. We have over $17,000 in it and write one check a year for taxes from it. They said if you don't write a check in a year, they figure you're dead! Our last tax check was in December. Bank of America was also the one that sent Dad's CD to the state even though we'd closed his other accounts. Whatever state you live in you might check the list. I found money for four friends last week. Thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
We had a check for a buy-back of some stock in a baseball team - don't remember which one...DH had purchased a share the last time it was available and then they wanted it back and he wouldn't give it to them Smile The check was in payment for that but we couldn't get that unless we gave up the paper share - DH still won't give it up and I have no idea why Smile Since it isn't much money I guess he can be stubborn.

Posts: 6442 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of michelle1538
posted Hide Post
People still don't believe it is NOT a scam....I even found a book in the library listing the Freedom Of Information Act info and listed in the rows and rows for websites was. State Of Michigan Unclaimed Property Website via the State Of Michigan Treasury....one of my friends never cashed a 100.00 gift card that had gotten lost and the state gave it to her in cash. I just keep looking and hoping my name will be on there someday.......or that when I do find someones name they might throw me a bone....I have found 8 hundred for one girl...and thousands for others with not even so much as a McDonalds give card in a thank you note for me.....oh well I guess.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: michelle1538,