Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Cancer Snuggle Quilt - Baby Better Update Aug 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Snuggle Quilt - Baby Better Update Aug 26 Sign In/Join 
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted
Two years ago August, my boss' husband was diagnosed with cancer. If you remember I made this snuggle quilt for him - rather them because she snuggles under it with him in the waiting room. Wink

His cancer is controllable, but not curable. He takes a handful of meds...no chemo and just this month started some "spot" radiation.

He is having a hard time of it right now. Not eating enough. Not drinking enough causing dehydration and its own set of problems. He is facing four radiation treatments this week. Afterwards if he is not feeling better they are going to MD Anderson and staying until he does feel better.

His oncologist assures them that what he is going through now is expected and will pass...he will fill better.

Many prayers that this will happen soon for him...and her.

Thank you!

UPDATE August 7: Judge and husband went to MD Anderson Thursday after his last radiation treatment in Shreveport. After an endoscopic procedure - ulceration of the esophagus due to radiation. It will be a long healing process, but he was able to eat a bit last night and could head home today or tomorrow. Thank you all for your prayers!

UPDATE: August 19
August 1, Judge and husband received a call that their step-granddaughter had to have an emergency C-section. The baby weighed 1 pound 3 ounces. Mom has been released and is staying with friends in the same town. Baby girl is a fighter! I have already located and printed some preemie patterns but she has to get up to three pounds for those to fit. Please continue your prayers for this family.
http://www.news-journal.com/ne...43-f8561c6d3058.html

UPDATE: August 23
Little Bailey is not breathing well at all. They have her on another machine...if that does not work they will go to plan C. This little girl is a fighter! Please continue your prayers.

UPDATE: August 26
Mom did not understand and was a bit upset (as you can well imagine). Dad is an EMT and fireman...Bailey just needed a larger diameter breathing tube...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KeepYouInStitches,

Posts: 16486 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets some relief soon!

Posts: 4787 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding him to my prayer list Frown

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that he's having such a rough time of it. I'll keep good thoughts for both of them.

Posts: 4574 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Sherry, I'm sorry he's having a tough time now. Thoughts and prayers headed to Texas.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6212 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they both are using that snuggle quilt. It looks very soft and comforting. It sounds like his doctors are hopeful that his discomforts with treatment are temporary. Hope he feels better soon.

Posts: 3524 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Will put them both on pr*yer list.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2298 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your prayers.

The decision has been made to go to MD Anderson Thursday. He is getting weaker and cannot even walk across the room without leaning on something to rest. He even called his doctor himself instead of having his wife call...you KNOW he doesn't feel well.

Posts: 16486 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
T & P's coming his way. I hope he is feeling better soon

Posts: 490 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I hope his misery does pass soon and he feels better. The quilt looks very snuggly.

Posts: 3673 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear the news T & P heading to Texas.

Deb

Posts: 978 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Keeping him and her in my thoughts and Ps. It is hard.

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I have been praying for the judge's DH and will continue them. Will add that new, so-tiny baby to my list along with all of the family.

Posts: 2236 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I believe in the power of pr*yer and miracles. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and pr*yers.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2298 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to the family.

For micropreemie patterns try

Www.carewear.org

Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quiltnana
That's the site I found. One pattern specifically had size beginning at 3 pounds.

Oh...but I found more!

THANK YOU!

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to the family and the tiny baby girl.
Miracles do happen! My DS and DDIL had twins on January 20th, a girl and a boy, 14 weeks early.
Isa weighed 1 pound 6 ounces and Bram 1 pound 2 ounces. They both pulled through, came home May 27th and are doing great now.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Sending up pr*yers for fast healing!!

Pam

Posts: 5698 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bailey weighs 1 pound 5 ounces! She has an off-and-on infection. But is gaining weight in spite of that.

Oh...she was 11" long at birth and is now 12" long.

Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Sending healing pr@yers for the family. It sounds like the little one is a fighter, especially to grow so quickly. Hugs. ((( )))

piney

Posts: 3106 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
OMG, it never ends. Bad things happening to good people. Will keep them in my t&p's. Keep us updated. Those little babies are fighters.

Posts: 15205 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who did not catch the update in the opening comment...

Bailey is not breathing well. They have her on another breathing apparatus and if it does not work will go to another. IF I understood correctly, she has fluid in her lungs...possibly the location of the infection she has had off and on since birth.

posted Hide Post
Being an optimist, I have printed a micro-preemie diaper shirt with Velcro closures across the shoulders. I'm going shopping in my stash. I know I have some old flannel and some seersucker that I can use to make reversible shirts. Hope to make a few this weekend.

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Optimism is good, and a project to occupy your hands is good for that helpless feeling.
Prayers my friend.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the family. So sorry they are thru so much.

Posts: 652 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Prayers for all involved..someone i know, had to buy dolly diapers to fit. years ago, She is 12 now, and just fine! Keeping the Faith.

Posts: 11810 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found three flannels in my stash (other than large plaids) that I thought would work so made three teeny diaper shirts/gowns. A little blurry but here's the photo:

posted Hide Post
Still praying and thinking of this sweet baby and her family.

Posts: 2236 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Those are cute KYIS, Keeping all in prayers.

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
I made an incubator cover for a friend's baby, helps to keep down the noise and light, the pattern is on the internet Thoughts and prayers for the little one and her family, a really difficult time

Posts: 2140 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EBGQ - I'll look into that.

Bailey is better. The mom got excited about the breathing problem. The dad is an EMT and fireman so he explained it to her. They just had to insert a larger tube. All is well to date!

Thank you all for your prayers!

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Glad baby is doing better.

Posts: 15205 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Prayers and Positive Thoughts for both healing members of that family. So sad.
I hope good news is coming soon.
Hugs and Prayers.

Posts: 13275 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post