Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  home from retreat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

home from retreat Sign In/Join 
Picture of califgal
posted
I'm leaving tomorrow to go see Marlene (EGBQ). we are going to her quilt guild's retreat. going to be with Marlene for 8 days. 4 days at the retreat and 4 days visiting with my best bud. can't wait, i'm so excited to see her.

Patsy

p.s. also gonna see Katiemedarlin (Lynn) and Owie (Mary). looking for to this visit with my dear friends.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Posts: 3524 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Wow, good for you Patsy, have fun!

Posts: 4635 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Sounds wonderful! Enjoy!!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4597 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I will see you all on Thursday!! Wish I could start Wednesday, but it's just too hard to get off. Save me a place!!

There are seven days in a week and Someday isn't one of them.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4066 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait. I talked with Marlene last week and she is excited. We will be having some fun and maybe do a little sewing in between. Safe travels.

Posts: 15330 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
That's great. I'd like to see you girls again.

Posts: 3363 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Hey! You will be so close to me you could spit at me and I would feel the moisture.... You should drive down for a days visit at least...

warmbuns and NICUnurse will be here starting this Wednesday until the following Tuesday... then we all take off to the Odenville retreat.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25846 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
I pick up Patsy at 10 tonight, have her bed all ready and every day is planned - I know that eight days will just fly by, we will put Thearica on the agenda for the next visit - let the party begin!

Marlene

Posts: 2158 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Have a great time. Laughter is the best medicine. Hope you planned for some laughter.
Califgal, bet you are real glad you retired now??

Posts: 8127 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
one of the best things is that for the five day retreat, we have adjoining rooms and plan on keeping the adjoining door open, probably won't get much sleep, when you throw in Jlu, Millie and Sue, HGTV is well represented

posted Hide Post
I am so jealous of all of you getting together with other people on this board, I would love to do that but have not met any one in person yet but I do feel like I know all of you by just being on here.

Times are hard at my house right now, my husband has cancer and is starting his 3rd kind of chemo treatment on Wed. am praying that this one will at least keep his cancer in check.

Wanda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gmvj,

Posts: 1791 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'm packing today. I've got so much stuff on my list to do there I needed to start last week. Can't wait to see y'all. Ill be up on Thursday after I take care of Rusty.

J Lu

Posts: 1083 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
WAnda, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's illness. Hugs and prayers to you both.

It is truly a joy to meet fellow quilters from the board. If you ever get the chance, take it!!! and don't worry about meeting up with people you don't "know" because you DO know them.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6698 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
Will Patsy be an honorary "Merry Maid"?!? Maybe you can talk her into coming to AL next spring!

Wanda, I'm sending you a big hug and prayers. I agree with Fla. Farm Girl about the retreats, there aren't any strangers once you put the board name to the face. We have been having fun times in AL twice a year - going on 3 years.

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2293 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
Ellen, already working on getting her to Alabama with us in the spring, along with Owie and Katiemedarlin. Just think she is on an airplane right now, I will leave about 8:30 tonight to pick her up

Marlene

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Sounds like lots of fun going to be happening! Enjoy!

Posts: 3293 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, those Merry Maids can find all kinds of mischief!!! And they're sneaky, too!!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6698 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Oh how fun! Enjoy! And take some pics for us. Wink

Posts: 10543 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
You two have a great time and the same to the rest of the Merry Maids on their retreat... Chris

Posts: 6175 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i'm here!!!!!!!!!! made to Marlene's. we have been out and about all day today. Left the house at 9am and got home at about 4:30. marlene ran some errands, i helped her at the food bank she works at as a voluteer. then we went to lunch at Papa Joe's and had mexican food, which i must say was really good. she had taco salad i had chili relleno with rice and beans. the off to the thrift stores we went (3). then stop to get my wine for the retreat, 3 bottles. they we having a sale LOL> i'm pooped, i need a nap now. LOL

patsy

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are having fun! Give her a hug for me.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2222 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See you all in the morning. I expect to leave about 7:30a.m.

Posts: 15330 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Marlene and i are back home at her place. i had a great time at the retreat. 4 solid days of sewing. i have never sewn so much in my life. LOL. it was a fun retreat, met so many nice quilters. they all made me feel at home in their guild. a really nice group of ladies. i learned alot. i made about 50 fabric coaster, and i learned to make Humbug bags but i call them diddy bags, u can use them for makeup, sewing things or what nots. i worked on a CQ block. and Lynn (katiemedarlin) showed me some new stitches and she even worked on my block too. when i get home to calif. i will post pictures of the things the ladies worked on and my stuff too.

Patsy

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a blast. Looking forward to pictures!

Posts: 9566 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We did have a blast. And the blast continues at my house tomorrow. Marlene(EBGQ) is bringing caligal and another quilt retreat friend to my house to do some longarming. So more fun on the horizon.

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Sounds wonderful - hoping to be able to get together with other quilters come next year as I get used to retirement. Love reading about what you all have been doing.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
We did have tons of fun. I managed to finish not one, but two whole quilt tops. Worked on Patsy's CQ block because I just could not sew any more!!

Jealous that you guys are getting together again today - Mary has a very sweet setup. But I have to get back to work. Rats. I have 246 emails to take care of. Back to it!

Have fun today guys!

There are seven days in a week and Someday isn't one of them.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4066 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
So glad y'all had a blast. Now you'll need a few days to catch up on sleep!

Wanda, for times in life like these, it's really a treat to go online at whatever time in the day or night you can and "chat" with quilty friends. I know it's hard to see DH weak. We'll try to lift you up with our silly antics and pretty quilt photos - right everyone?

If these retreaters were there with you and DH, I think they'd talk everyone into dressing up in costume this week. So .... perhaps on Thursday, we can share pics of our costumes (even if they are a little lame). It will make us all feel a part of a virtual retreat.

Posts: 3617 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I posted pictures on facebook under HGTV group. it would have taken too long to post here cause I would have to resize every picture and it would have taken forever.

patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,