Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  The Traveling Box is BACK HOME!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Traveling Box is BACK HOME! Sign In/Join 
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...the travelling box has come to a halt ... in Southern California ... wooh hooo and I am about to start rummaging in it... looks like lots of goodies! snooping choosing and photos to follow ..

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8995 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Wave

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...ooops .. Hi Wiley - thanks for getting the box here Smile I have my choices made, pics tomorrow, box is reloaded and ready to send to *
had guild tonight so am a bit behind getting things done.

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8995 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Good to see that the box has landed again. Waiting to see what you chose????? Chris

Posts: 5870 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Aw Chris you're teasing us. Look at those numbers!

Posts: 9462 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..having trouble getting the picture to fit.. this is a borrowed older computer .. and different programs .. but I will have it today - I'm determined!!!
... added picture - I hope it can be seen!
the Zebra lunch bag is from Maggie, The Psalms pattern w fabric is fronm Deb 51, the labels, threads and pre-cut teddybears are from Wiley .. Itook a couple of things out of the bag and put some more in Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: City/Sandie,

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.. I posted a pic on the previous post - which means you don't know it unless I post a new one! way toocomplicated ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Well Sandie are you sending it to me? We are both in the West....or does it need to make a stop between here and there????

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2935 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Sandy what did you take from the exchange bag? Don't expect a picture with all the problems you are having... Chris

Posts: 5870 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... Hahahah wouldn't you like to know ... but like my mom used to tell us kids - don't hold your breath ... don't you think that would be a pretty obvious guess? Would she make it that simple?

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Oh .. the llittle crayons for fabric, purple thang, and iron cleaner. Sorry ... I put in some other things Smile
Funny about that stuff .. I'm going to be teaching some kids this summer ... and guess what our project will be .. coloring on fabric and then ironing it!

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Nice picks. Where or Where with the box land next?

Posts: 7989 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
TTT

Posts: 2935 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... Did i forget to say the box iss travelling? Bet i did .. the box is travelling .. should be in soon ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Sandie, funny how that worked out with the colors. That's why the give & take bag is so neat I think. We all end up with things we know we will never use and this is a way to exchange them for something you will use... Chris

Picture of Huntres9
posted Hide Post
now where did that box go? Wink

Posts: 2286 | Location: Wdstk, IL. | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...well, I know and I think someone better be checking there mail box .....

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Oh where or where can my little traveling box be? Oh, where o where can she be?????? Chris

Picture of Huntres9
posted Hide Post
Bumping to the front ..........

Posts: 2286 | Location: Wdstk, IL. | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
it's not coming back my way is it???

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Still not at my address. Mail is much slower around here these days, don't know if that is the norm for others.

Posts: 7989 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Ladies, the Traveling Box has run into a delay. It may be another two weeks or so before it will be sent on. Sorry for those still waiting, but sometimes these things just can't be avoided... chris

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I keep checking my door stop but no luck. If I'm not next, I hope it's you Elainetoo because then it's getting closer. Lori - you can't have it back again! Not yet anyway. Although you are closer...

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting us know the status. We'll wait patiently for it to start traveling again

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Sorry - I must have been writing the same time you were cksvett. Thank you for letting us know the box is resting. We will all be patiently awaiting it.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Huntres9
posted Hide Post
The box is on the way according to a separate posting. Smile

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Sorry I should have posted on this posting instead of starting a new one. So I will move my post here.
Just to let you all know that the Box is on its way. I appologize for holding things up, but I lost my passport and had to apply for a new one. I can tell you that I found some great gems. Thank you Auntie Reba, Wiley and sorry...not sure who to thank for the great magazines. I haven't seen these publications before so looking forward to browsing through them. I will get this picture to size and post for you all to see.

I do hope that others that have not posted pictures will do so as it makes the "game" much more fun and interesting. In fact I thought it was a requirement to participate. So PLEASE post pictures for all of us to drool over.

Now where is it going next......Well, I can tell you that it is going South and East from me.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Yea, we are moving again! Glad you found things you could use. Thanks for posting with a picture. The magazines came from Deb51... Chris

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Thanks Deb for the magazine. One of them had a quilt made by Joan Statz. She is a Canadian out of Alberta and I do love her things. She is such a fun lady and will try anything. My sister and I once went to her house and the front door was painted with a quilt on it. Such fun!!! Anyway...thanks again.

Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad you can use them. They do have such pretties in them.

Posts: 1441 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
hmmm, I like the idea of the quilt on the door. I wonder if DH will let me do that?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
Our front door needs painting. Wonder how my DH would feel about a quilt on the door. Considering my painting abilities, it will have to be a simple one. My daughter is taking me to Calgary, Alberta, Canada for my birthday later this year. Wonder if Joan Statz lives in Calgary.

Posts: 1441 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Joan lives just outside Canada in Alix. It is a rural community. The door with the quilt painted on it is on the house she lived in before she moved. My sister lives in Calagary and I will ask her if she still has a pic or if she can get one. If she has I'll post it for you. It was a fun door. Her moto is: "How hard can it be" Her web site is www.joansown.com

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Check your mail ladies....I believe "the Box" should arrive today.

Oh where oh where will it land???

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Well my mail has arrived and it didn't come here this time. I will wait again.

Posts: 485 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
TTT

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I copied this from the other thread. Please just use this thread to post. Thanks... Chris

Jbeanier

Hey ladies...the box arrived at my house today! I will be looking through it and picking and replacing. I will take pics and post them a little later. The box that everything came in is in pretty tough shape. I will do a new box of a similar size before I send it to the next in line. I am worried that the tape over the tape over the tape is just not going to hold up! jill

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Feel free to replace the box whenever it need replacing... chris

Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
Ok ladies! How do I get my pictures smaller? It says the size is too big to post? I figured they would automatically resize, but did not...

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 34 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
jbeanier, check out my post I brought up to the first page. That should help!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the "resizing" post! Worked super slick! These are the items that I had to have from the box. Thank you to all who contributed to my "new" stuff to stash!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 34 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
These are the things that I added to the box. A little of this and that, but I think all will be useful to anyone that sews or quilts! I'm thinking the fabric kits and the book added a bit to the box weight, as it was almost $20 to mail!

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
jbeanier, please post who the items you took were from. Also please delete the picture of the things you put in the box as that is to be a surprise for the rest of the people getting the box. Thanks... chris

posted Hide Post
The box! I have the BOX! Whoo Hoo! Came today....I am picking out a few things and replacing them! I will mail on Wednesday to the next lucky gal in the wonderful state of.......

You didn't really think I would tell you, now did you?

I'll post pictures later tomorrow.

Confused though.... Lots of bags of items, and a few bags with a few items, but no bag with 10 items in it.... a few items with no bags....

So, is it okay to just take the bags I want, and replace them with new bags with things I am placing in?
Blessings,
Sandra

Posts: 523 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
ilovemy4kids, thanks for posting that you recieved the box as I wasn't aware that it had been sent!

here is the way the box originated. There should be 19 bags. Each bag is 1 item, no mater how many things are in it. You exchange 1 bag for 1 bag. No matter how many items are in a bag it is considered 1 bag.

The 20th bag should be labeled as the exchange bag. That bag started out with 10 items that you could take any amount of the items and replace with as many items as you took out. No name needed to be on those items. Was just a way to get rid of some little thing you picked up along the way and had no use for.

There may be more than this in the box as the box sometimes grows as it progresses.

After you make your choices, be sure to post a picture if you can and who the items were from. Also remember to send me the tracking numbe of the package so i know when it was mailed. Hope you find some items that you can use... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
jbeanier items were from sewnso and the top pattern from City Sandie... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Soon it will be on the way to the lat 4... Chris

posted Hide Post
Okay, here is what I was so wonderfully blessed with from the box!

and the box has been traveling.....with me! I tried to mail it earlier in the week but have been working 12-14 hour days and could not hit the post office during open hours! We stopped by the office today on our way out of town (working in Wichita Kansas all weekend) and the post office in Cleveland was closed for lunch. Grr.... so we went on to Wichita, got to the conference center, completed the set up and headed to a post office. CLOSED. UGH.... I will do my best to mail it tomorrow. The conference is from 8am to 7pm and I have to be there the entire time. However, there is a post office 1/2 mile from the conference center so if the area looks safe, I will have my daughter, age 15, walk there and mail it. They are open from 8 to 5 so I know I won't get there. If it is not safe, I will mail it Monday morning via rush service if that's okay. I am so so sorry...circumstances beyond my control. This whole unemployment thing with my husband is getting to be a real bummer. Frown

Anyway... the box will travel tomorrow or Monday! It is really a wonderful box and I'm sure that it will have a nice trip to ......

Posts: 523 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I forgot! All the items (4) bags that I took were from the same person! Jbeanier!

posted Hide Post
The box is on it's way! Smile Priority Mail!