HGTV Message Boards
The Traveling Box is BACK HOME!

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5894011632/m/9593907767

Mar 03, 2013, 09:55 PM
City/Sandie
The Traveling Box is BACK HOME!
..only if you are refilling it!!! Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Mar 04, 2013, 06:13 AM
Gonesewin
but of course...Wink

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Mar 04, 2013, 07:35 AM
Aliquilt
Sorry Gonesewin, it arrived at my house late Saturday...I was in bed sick and dd didn't think to tell me there was a hugh box waiting for me til last night! I'll go through the goodies today or tomorrow, and will have it refilled and on its way to _______________ by Wednesday at the latest!!
Mar 04, 2013, 08:16 AM
Gonesewin
well, I hope it helped you feel better Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Mar 04, 2013, 12:10 PM
cksvett
Aliquilt hope you feel better soon. The crud that is going around this year is something awful. I never get sick and I got it too... Chris
Mar 04, 2013, 12:20 PM
City/Sandie
..WE never get sick at my house either (other than my fibro pain Frown ) and we all got 1.5 days of crud ... one at time of course .. I think DGS brought it from school and DNSIL brought it from work .. I captured from them.

Wounded Warrior Project

Mar 05, 2013, 07:56 AM
Aliquilt
Still sick...grandsons think it very funny I can't talk, at all, but ache all over from coughing uggghhh...I'm going to try to drag myself to post office later but it may be tomorrow, despite the snow we may get!
Mar 05, 2013, 11:39 AM
Deb51
Aliquilt, hope you get better soon. This has been a really rough winter for my fibro pain. We haven't had much in the way of snow but a lot of cold, cold rain which always makes me hurt worse. To top it all off, I have a lot of sewing that I have to get done today and tomorrow. I just found out that I am getting company 4 days early and need to "neaten" my house.
Mar 05, 2013, 12:05 PM
City/Sandie
..Deb51 ... my NP got me on Cymbalta several months ago - it took about 3 weeks for me to really feel that it was helping .. I still have to have tylenol and some ibupofen, but I am amking i thru our winter - which nothing compared to most of you - I'm in So Cal.

Wounded Warrior Project

Mar 08, 2013, 06:48 PM
cksvett
Aliquilt, I hope you get well soon. It is no fun being sick... Chris
Mar 09, 2013, 01:01 PM
Aliquilt
I drug myself to post office this morning.. priority w/no charge confirmation was less than parcel post .. soooo, box is on its way to ********* to be delivered by Weds 3/13/13. I'm not home so will post what I took later. Lots of goodies to choose from, it was hard to decide.
Mar 09, 2013, 06:39 PM
Elainetoo
Sorry to hear about those with fibro .. that's so harsh. My DS suffers with it also. Take care of yourselves.

.. Um box on the move... me, me !
Mar 10, 2013, 09:07 AM
Aliquilt
My dd was diagnosed w fibro and now maybe lupus or something else. She is struggling to find right combo of meds to help, cymbalta caused too kuch depression for her. About the box, I kept a very cute Gingher pendant needle threader fromLakequilter, a bag of grips and glue stik from Noraj23, AmericaSews book from AuntieReba and Sew & Go book ..from me Smile I'll try to ppst a pic. Thanks again ladies.
Mar 11, 2013, 01:09 PM
MedeMo
WAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you had to get out to get the box in the mail Aliquilt but so glad you did. It arrived at my house today in the mail. So now I get the fun of digging thru and picking and choosing what I want out of the box of bags. WHAT A CHOICE!! I will be letting you know soon what I have chosen and get this box back on it's way very soon. Maggie

Keeping them warm~~~Keeping us safe
Mar 13, 2013, 08:28 AM
cksvett
Everyone, be sure to tell us what you take out of the "Give & Take" bag also. I will be interested to see what remains it that selection when it comes back to me... Chris
Mar 16, 2013, 07:43 PM
Huntres9
Bumping to the front....
Mar 17, 2013, 08:52 AM
Elainetoo
Should be traveling soon... who's next? Waiting, waiting...
Mar 17, 2013, 10:50 AM
MedeMo
Box is on the way. Should arrive on Monday somewhere. Maggie

Mar 18, 2013, 08:53 PM
Huntres9
I just got home from work and guess what's here ..... THE BOX!!!!!!!!! Smile I am so excited, I will go through it tonight and tomorrow and get it mailed out as soon as I can.
Mar 19, 2013, 01:42 PM
Huntres9
OK lets see if I can get this picture on here, I had fun with the box what a lot of items to choose from, I took:
A case with 18 Madeira thread from MedeMo
Embroidered Pot holders and a dish towel from MedeMo
A Easy Angle from Alison (sorry no HGTV name on bag.

Everything is perfect and I so needed the pot holders, the thread is such a lucky chance to get and I always need help with my angles. Thank you ladies for your items.

Now to get mine in and mail out the package.

Mar 20, 2013, 07:22 PM
cksvett
Was the Easy Angle in the give & take bag? Those things won't have a name on them.

Glad you found some things you could use... Chris
Mar 20, 2013, 09:07 PM
Huntres9
No it wasn't in the give & take bag, it was an item by itself.

The box is on it's way as of this morning .... watch your mailbox's!
Mar 21, 2013, 07:36 AM
Aliquilt
It's fun to hear the goodies all are getting, better for the pics but for some reason I've never successfully been able to post a pic Frown Easy angle was from me...Aliquilt, didn't think to write my board name on the label. For some reason, I had several, guess I bought them and forgot about them, still have yet to master how to use it.
Mar 21, 2013, 07:49 AM
Elainetoo
Cute pot holders - nice picks.

Coming my way next? Can only wait and see.
Mar 22, 2013, 07:52 AM
cksvett
The post office says the box was delivered yesterday? Wonder who has it? Chris
Mar 22, 2013, 08:15 AM
Deb51
Well, it didn't come here. Maybe next time.
Mar 22, 2013, 09:39 AM
PatV82
Yep, it is in the Land of Lincoln. Thank you Huntres9 for your speedy delivery. Now for the surprises - literally as I haven't opened it yet. The Box and I will be headed into my sewing studio midday to meet each other. And Monday, at the latest, it will hit the road again.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com
Mar 23, 2013, 10:30 AM
PatV82
The wonderful Traveling Box is on its way - somewhere else. I will be sharing the tracking number with cksvett so she will know.
I picked some fabrics - toile and sewing theme - and a Purses pattern (which I'm using my swapped hexies on.) Also two things from the Exchange Bag. So thanks Maggie and Sue B and everyone for making this fun.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Mar 24, 2013, 06:32 AM
Elainetoo
Nice picks Pat. Fun watching what goes in and out of the box.
Mar 25, 2013, 02:25 PM
Deb51
What a great day this has turned out to be, in spite of snow flurries and cold, cold weather.
The box came this afternoon. Usually our mail doesn't come until 3:30 or 4:00 but it was here at 1:00 today. And such a lot of goodies.

Here is what I am keeping from the box

5 Batik FQ's from PatV82
Cupcake Pincushion by Cindy Taylor Oates with 2 pieces of fabric from Huntres9
Cat Faces quilt pattern from Auntie Reba
2 cuts of fabrics, one a yard of cat fabric, 1 a yard plus of large florals from MedeMo

From the exchange bag, a tape measure, Wonder tape (no name on these) and a seam gauge from PatV8s.

The box will be on its way tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning.

Here is the picure of my goodies.

Mar 25, 2013, 03:34 PM
cksvett
WOW, the box is really moving. Imagine it will slow down shortly as the distances will grow!

Glad everone is finding items they can use.

I hadn't intended that the items in the "Give & Take" bag needed to be labeled as to who had put them in the bag. That was meant to be for little items that you just wanted to get rid of in hopes that someone else could use them. So it could grow, but neve should have less than 10 items in it... Chris
Mar 25, 2013, 03:37 PM
cksvett
Love the cat fabric!!!! Chris
Mar 25, 2013, 04:04 PM
Auntie Reba
Ah, my legacy lives on...Smile

http://cofharrisburg.shutterfly.com
Mar 25, 2013, 04:54 PM
ilovemy4kids
So, what part of the country has the box been in lately?

http://burnsbobbins.blogspot.com/
Mar 25, 2013, 06:18 PM
Deb51
I love the cat fabric. I plan to make a purse with it. I think my purse will be really cute.

Some of the items in the "give and take" bag were labeled with a name, most were not.

I live in Tennessee. The box will soon be on its way to.......
Mar 26, 2013, 05:54 AM
Elainetoo
Oh, Oh, why didn't it come here before going to Deb.. GRIN . I would have taken much the same thing...

Great selection.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,
Mar 26, 2013, 09:36 AM
cksvett
I have no idea where the box is going next????

Had company last week and I cleaned and picked up and packed away so good, I temporarly can't find my information about the swap! Had to do taxes last night, so I hope tonight I can find the information... Chris
Mar 26, 2013, 09:38 AM
cksvett
Elainetoo, I feel much the same as you do! I see all these things being picked along the way and wish they had stayed till the end... Chris
Mar 27, 2013, 10:42 AM
Deb51
The box is traveling again. On its way to...
Mar 29, 2013, 02:44 PM
MedeMo
Chris brought to my attention that my post on what I removed from the box did not post. So I will repost and hope it makes it this time.
1. pkg of 5x5 cut squares not marked
2. bias rectangle ruler,handmade checkbook cover and pen also unmarked
3. Angel panel pattern, lace squares and s piece of angel fabric. Also an Angel keychain. This was from cksvett
4.Tri rec template from Aliquilt
5. Quilt jacket pattern, a fat quarte, a wall hanging pattern with a few fabrics to make one of the blocks. This was from Hep48
Many thanks to these ladies for their treasures and also thanks to Chris for doing this traveling box for us. Maggie

Apr 01, 2013, 01:02 PM
cksvett
Delivery scheduled for the 3rd. But where? Chris
Apr 01, 2013, 04:40 PM
ilovemy4kids
I hope it's not me! I will be out of town! We all will!

http://burnsbobbins.blogspot.com/
Apr 01, 2013, 08:16 PM
wiley
Well, this is not an April Fool's joke! I have THE BOX!! There is so much to look thru it will take me a day or two to pick out my goodies!!
Apr 03, 2013, 11:48 AM
wiley
Items from The Box-
Aliquilt-2 quilt books
Deb51-greenchecked fabric and 3 spools of thread
SueB-Christmas fabric
Huntres9-2 pieces of coordinating fabric
PatV82-package of self threading needles
package of design wall pins

Thanx so much and The Box might be traveling today or tomorrow or ??

Apr 03, 2013, 12:07 PM
PatV82
Enjoy those open eye embroidery needles. They seem to be a secret - hardly any quilt shops carry them. But they are awesome. I rarely use anything else. Just finished over 300 hexies with one needle; I can thread in low light, moving car, etc.. And even with trifocals, I need all the help I can get.
Wasn't it fun to open the box and see all the goodies? Hope I get to be a part of a TB again.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Apr 03, 2013, 12:10 PM
wiley
I've always wanted those type of needles, I also need all the help I can get.
The Traveling Box is a favorite of mine to be in.
Apr 04, 2013, 07:04 AM
Elainetoo
Great picks. The box sure has had some wonderful items in it.

Open-eye embroidery needed? Um I'll have to research that one. Haven't heard of them (that I remember).

So did you send the box on to me now ?
Apr 04, 2013, 12:15 PM
wiley
Of course I sent the box to?? Oh, darn, can't remember the name!!
Apr 05, 2013, 06:58 PM
wiley
At Last1 At Last! The Box is on the way to--??
Apr 08, 2013, 05:00 PM
Huntres9
bump .....