Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  The Traveling Box is BACK HOME!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Traveling Box is BACK HOME! Sign In/Join 
Picture of cksvett
posted
The Traveling Box was mailed yesterday and should arrive at its first stop next weekend. I see that the Post Office now calls Parcel Post, Standard Post.

Interesting facts! Last round had 16 players and this one has 16 players but 8 are from the last round and 8 are new this time. Nope everyone has great luck with this round.

This round is for REGULAR quilting items only. No crazy quilting items. My thoughts are that everyone should conceivably be able to use everything in the box.

The box will again contain 20 items. However, this time there will be a new adventure. Item 20 is a “give & take bag”. I started it out with an assortment of 10 items. You can take as may items as you want, but must replace each item you take, with something that will fit in the bag. Can be something from your stash or something you buy new. Maybe you want one of the bags in the box, but not one of the items. You can change it out for an item in the “give & take bag”.

Once the box arrives please post on the message board in the “Traveling Box” thread that you have received the box. Include what you have taken out of the box and who it is from OR if it takes a bit to decide what you want, the next post should include what you take with a picture, if possible. Please post a picture even if you need to add it at a later time as they make everything more interesting. Do not include in your post what is left in the box. All items should be in a zip lock type bag, each bag is one item no matter how many things are in that bag. Replace the same number of plastic bags you take with a plastic bag that includes your name on it or your name inside the bag. Sometimes the number of items increases along the way, which is okay. Mail the box to the next person. Feel free to use any mailing way you like but be sure to get delivery confirmation. Due to weight constrictions, I usually mail parcel post. Please PM me the delivery confirmation number when you have mailed the box. If you send it Priority, that number can be tracked and you do not need to also purchase delivery confirmation.

This goes on until each person on the list gets the box. I will be the last person to get the box with the remaining items.

The items should be quilting related or homemade items that you yourself would like to get. We don’t want any torn, damage/used or dollar store items. NO food. As you are choosing what to put in, ask yourself if it’s something you would like to pick from.

Please mail the box as quickly as you can as everyone else is anxiously waiting for their turn. I will allow 1 week, but positively no longer. Everyone’s mailing information is in the box that goes with it each time it's mailed. Please cross your name off the list & send that list with the box you will mail out.

All the names will be listed on this thread and update them when they are mailed to you, received and then when you mail out.

Last but not least if something in your personal life changes and you need to drop out or if you have a time line as the box goes on & you haven’t received it please PM me and we will work around it. If you move, please include us in your notifications.

MAILED TO NEXT PLAYER:
Gonesewin
NoraJ23
Aliquilt
MedeMo
Huntres9
PatV82
Deb51
Wiley
City/Sandie
sewnso
jbeanier
ilovemy4kids
PatriciaAnne
AngelaC
Elainetoo
lakequilter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I'll be checking my mail every day!!

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Arrive next weekend..?? Who is our long distance player.?

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute...Doesn't the box get sent in the order listed? Aliquil gets it first, I get it 6th, I send it to Huntres9 & Wiley gets it last???

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
One never knows who gets it first, in between and then last. That's part of the fun!Big Grin:

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ohhhhhhhh, ok. How do we know who to send it to next?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gonesewin:
ohhhhhhhh, ok. How do we know who to send it to next?

chris will let you know when you post here on the board that you received the box. It adds to the fun trying to figure out where it's going to land next.

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The list is alphabetically, but that has nothing to do with the way the box is routed.

When you receive the box, the information on who you send it to next will be in there. I do try to route it so the next person is one of the closer people to cut down on postage and shipping time using the lower cost methods... chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The box should arrive tomorrow or Saturday? Where will it show up????? chris

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I can feel the box getting closer... I sure hope it gets here Friday cause we have a little storm coming on Saturday. Well I can hope can't I...

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I'll be home tomorrow and Saturday so who knows what will be at my door?????

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Well, Charlene, you are right it did come "close" to you! It only missed you by a state Smile and I'm pretty sure it won't be at your door Wiley by tomorrow.

Can you guess what showed up at my door yesterday??? I got a box from cksvett Smile and I'll have it on its way to the next person today.

posted Hide Post
Oh I hope it's coming my way!!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOO!!!! The tension mounts...will it be ME? Smile

Posts: 523 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Wanted to get you the box beofre you were knee deep in COF things!

Can't wait to see what you took... Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Oh, waiting to see what you pick out.

You know, it's real close to me... it could come my way next.. ??

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Thank you Smile
I've picked a few things out and I replaced them with a few - I hope - goodies. Am I supposed to take pics of what I selected?

As for where it is going next, only G*d, me, cksvett and the PO knows...

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Please if you can. We like to see what goodies you picked,

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Ok, here's what I took from the box:

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
The thread was from me, the fabrics were from SueB and maybe the pattern was from sueB too?

Thanks for posting. Be sure to PM me with the delivery confirmation number or Priority Number... Chris

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Nice pattern and pretty threads and fabric.

Picture of Huntres9
posted Hide Post
Great stuff!!

Posts: 2286 | Location: Wdstk, IL. | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Great stuff is right!!!! When will it get to it's next destination?????? Which direction is it going???? Come on give us a hint!!!! Smile

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2938 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
very nice stuff!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
WEll, I took it north west to mail it then I know it'll go to Newark which is north east but after that, I'm not sure - I've heard of mail going through TX to get to MN! Patience Grasshopper...

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Will it arrive today after the three day weekend for the post office????? Chris

Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
It didn't get to Tennessee today. Our mail came early but no traveling box.

Posts: 1441 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Huntres9
posted Hide Post
Bump ...

Posts: 2286 | Location: Wdstk, IL. | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
it should've arrived by now...

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Hasn't arrived here either.. But our mail hasn't been regular for a few weeks. Maybe it will arrive today Smile

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I keep expecting it to arrive but nothing yet...
Not even bad of weather to slow everything down. Not that I want bad weather, just the box! Maybe Monday.

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Oh where oh where is my traveling box??????????

Please post if you have it... Chris

posted Hide Post
I got a box bout not the traveling box. Mine came from New Jersey for QWL. So I guess I will have to wait also along with all the others. Hugs, Maggie

Keeping them warm~~~Keeping us safe

Posts: 2483 | Location: QWL CENTER | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ok, ladies, let me tell you what I did:
When I go to the PO I do not like to stand in the long and very slow line and then frustrate myself by not being able to communicate with the worker behind the counter so I go to the machine. Normally this works fine but recently the PO changed their extra charge "confirmation" to included "tracking" and along with that the way the stickers is done has been changed. I did get a tracking # but apparently I was to put it on the box and not keep it as a receipt. I DID mail the box and I see no reason why it hasn't gotten to its intended recipient by now. Not that I want to spoil the surprise but that person has not been on to say whether she has or has not gotten it so it may be that she has been sitting on it for days...That is my hope anyway. If she didn't get it I will gladly make up a new box and get it sent - properly - out as soon as she is contacted.

I am very sorry for the hold up.

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Don't worry Lori ... hopefully it will turn up somewhere soon. Sometimes they just get delayed. Sounds like it's not coming to me yet, Maybe next...

Char

posted Hide Post
Just so you know, if it is coming to me, we are in the middle of a snow storm and I haven't had mail since Thursday! Rural Route and the mail man can't get here....Soooo....I'm hoping it's me!!!

Blessings
Sandra

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ilovemy4kids,

Posts: 523 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen The Box here in Illinois yet. Our high winds are blowing this new snowstorm right on to Indiana. But I am getting everything ready...

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 424 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cksvett:
I do try to route it so the next person is one of the closer people to cut down on postage and shipping time using the lower cost methods... chris

I'm not "that far" from you, but it isn't here either!

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoraJ23
posted Hide Post
Ack! Apologies, I thought I was supposed to post when I sent it onward, not when I received it!

The box is here, it arrived safe and sound this past Thurs. I am going to ship it tomorrow on my way home from work to ... someone new!

I'll come back with a pic. I think I want to actually use the item I am keeping and post a pic of the completed "thing" instead of posting a pic of the raw items. :-) !

ROFL! LOL! Its a RR at the LQS! We're gonna make a bunch of HST and then practice our FMQ!

What the heck does that mean?! Look here: http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/4553927667

Posts: 74 | Location: North of Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
phew! I'm so glad it made it to its new home Big Grin

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... NO FAIR NORA .. you are supposed to show us what you took out so we can all say "WAAA I wanted that .." you know, like little kids. Glad to hear it got organized and now everyone knows not to put us all in a panic. The last box was so fun, and fun to put stuff back in... hint hint ... I'm looking and waiting ....

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8997 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Everyone, ESPECIALLY THE NEW PLAYERS, PLEASE read the instructions. They are there for a reason. A lot of other people are anxiously waiting for the information. Thanks... Chris

Picture of NoraJ23
posted Hide Post
The box is off again, with an "expected delivery date" of March 4 at its new location!

ROFL! LOL! Its a RR at the LQS! We're gonna make a bunch of HST and then practice our FMQ!

What the heck does that mean?! Look here: http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/4553927667

Posts: 74 | Location: North of Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Huntres9
posted Hide Post
Bumping to the front and very glad box has been found.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Me? Maybe Me tomorrow?

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
No, no Elainetoo - it's coming to my doorstep tomorrow...

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...well I am so far away I think it should start here and then amke the shorter trips on to all the rest of you .. or i suppse beinglast couldhave it's benefits of getting all the new goodies thrown in .. or maybe in the middle so there's been some goodies coming and going ... well .. darn .. maybe I live in the wrong neck of the woods .. except for out weather of course, 90 something yesterday ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8997 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Sandie that was a good idea! Now r u going to send to me or will I send to you?...

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2938 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be fun if it came back to me???

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...LOL ...SEWNSO ... YES.. ABSOLUTELY ////

Wounded Warrior Project