Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ♫♫♪♪♪♪♪ HGTV BOM Jan 2014 ♫♫♫♫♫♪♪♪♪♪ New WINNER :)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

♫♫♪♪♪♪♪ HGTV BOM Jan 2014 ♫♫♫♫♫♪♪♪♪♪ New WINNER :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Patricia Anne, Not long to wait, just 14 more days, I have my Feb. block done and I Love it.
I think all of you will like the next block.
STinMT, lovely block, black and red. Looks great.

Posts: 8200 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've decided to finally cut into my sock monkey fabric I have been saving (I collect monkeys) for this year's BOM... maybe this weekend I can get January done. Been chauffeuring mom to doctors' appointments, we had to go sign wills and house papers today for the trust, etc. (stuff that has been 6 months waiting- boy are lawyers slow sometimes!).

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen, glad to see you join up.
Those are rough visits to make, and you are right about lawyers, they don't know timely. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
Pat

Posts: 8200 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the well wishes- my mom's rhuematod (spelling?) arthritis and osteoporosis have gotten worse with Idaho's climate... but it is the only place we could afford to buy a house outright. My dad had worked for Wonder Bread/Hostess and lost his job, and my job wasn't paying well either due to government cuts and teaching jobs.

But, I did gain a sewing room in the move-- SMALL house but lots of bedrooms.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
We have the house that Jack built. Now here is the house that Jack's wife wanted him to build. I took it apart and rearange it a bit.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3594 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Just 10 more days for the Feb. BOM reveal!! Can't wait everyones finished blocks are beautiful. Let's update the Finishers so far this month.
Sister Sue Smile
PattyJ Smile
Chlynn 1129 Smile
Elainetoo Smile 2 blocks
Alexemmarose Smile
Mountain Laurel Smile
Shirlwin Smile
Handie Anne Smile Plus one House
that Jacks' wife wanted to build.
shequilts Smile
tinbren Smile
Solution Services Smile
PatriciaAnne Smile
STinMT Smile
RN55 Smile
CBQ Smile
Quiltee Smile
Quilter Jen Smile
That makes a total of : 18 Gorgeous Blocks

Ruth50, did you get the directions and were you able to make your block?? Did you get some help with posting the picture?? If you want you can send it in an e-mail to me and I can resize it for you and post it. Send a pm to PattyJ.
Pat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BOM Sisters,

Posts: 140 | Registered: Dec 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ruth50
posted Hide Post
My fabric just arrived (I haven't made a vow not to buy like so many have...can''t help it). I hope to work on my block this week.

Posts: 16 | Location: Havre de Grace, MD | Registered: Feb 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Ruth50, I like your vow! LOL!! I am really trying to use my stash as I have had some of it for years, but like you, I just have to keep buying!

Posts: 2061 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the rectangles yesterday- hoping to sew on the triangles today

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Ok, Ladies keep making those blocks. The ones that are done are beautiful and I'm loving how they are all turning out.
Now for the question of the day,
Does anyone know what January 26th is?? Besides Saturday??? Smile No prizes just a general knowledge question. Smile
Pat

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I knowSmile It is the day my daughter becomes an Australian citizenSmile [on Australia Day].

Posts: 443 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Shirlin, we knew you would get this answer and Happy Birthday to your daughter. Thanks for playing along. In a few days you will see why we asked the question. Keep the blocks coming. Sue

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOM Sisters:
Ok, Ladies keep making those blocks. The ones that are done are beautiful and I'm loving how they are all turning out.
Now for the question of the day,
Does anyone know what January 26th is?? Besides Sunday??? Smile No prizes just a general knowledge question. Smile
Pat

Made a big mistake. Frown Sorry, the 26th is Sunday, not Saturday. Next time I'll use a calendar instead of counting on my fingers Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty j,

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Yippee January

January

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
YaHOOO another finish, Really pretty block RN55.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY today for all our Australian friends. I think it is already tomorrow over there right now. But my heart was in the right place when I thought about wishing them a fun day.

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Added RN55 to the big finishers. How many more will finish before Midnight on the 31st????
All finishers get their names into the basket for the monthly drawing.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3557 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Wave I'm sliding in close to the end of the month! Eek Such a difference for me! LOL

I don't use solids very much, but kept thinking how I'd like to add a solid for this year's BOM. I finally decided how I wanted to make the block. Nothing like waiting til the last minute! Smile

Posts: 10659 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CBQ- Love the new look and thanks for joining us. Only a day or 2 left, so lets keep sewing. Sue

Posts: 1602 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Yay CBQ, added to the finisher list.
Nice looking block,
Glad everyone is stretching their comfort zones a little. You just might find a new best technique, color or style. Smile
Anyone else going to finish???

Now Sue and I need to find a basket or bucket to put all of your names in for the end of the month drawing, I'm looking for something sincere. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BOM Sisters,

posted Hide Post
Hoping to make it in before the end of the month, I decided to join in on the fun. I need to learn how to post pictures more easily. It's been fun to see all the different fabrics being used.

Posts: 156 | Location: OREGON | Registered: Apr 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I will try it again.........

Posts: 156 | Location: OREGON | Registered: Apr 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Quiltee- we are glad you joined us. Love your Jan. block. Look for the new posting for Feb. BOM- just posted on the board. Hope you enjoy and keep posting pics. Sue

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Quiltee, welcome! Your fabric in the center is just lovely!

Posts: 2061 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great block Quiltee! Smile

Hope you are having a great trip Pat & Sue!!

Posts: 10659 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy- pushed it this time! 7:30 PM here and finished.

Theme is sock monkey this year- I collect them and fabric depicting them

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen- Very clever block and you finished on time, no sweat. LOL Added you to the list. Will have to make sure we did not miss anyone for Jan. Sleepy eyes some times play tricks on you. LOL. Patty and I will pick the winner for Jan tomorrow or Monday,now that we are back from our cruise. Thanks for waiting. Sue

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Picking the Jan. winner on Monday, too much laundry to do it today. Smile
Congratulations to all the Jan. Finishers. All the blocks are beautiful. Good thing we aren't judging cuteness Smile Smile You would all win and Bob my postmaster would be surprised with all the packages I would be sending. Smile
I found a sincere basket for the names to draw from. So we will be all set.
Pat

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Here is the Basket with all the January Finishers names in it.
Thanks to all for joining in on the fun this month.

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Are you ready????
The Winner is.......

Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Quilter Jen, Keep an eye on your mailbox for your Jan. Prize. Smile Smile
But not until, as Sue points out, you PM one us your snail mail address. Didn't think about that.
Just a few more days and we'll be doing the Feb. drawing. Good Luck to all.

posted Hide Post
What an early 29th birthday present (Saturday)!

I have fun doing the blocks every month. Thanks for hosting this year.

posted Hide Post
Congratulations Quilter Jen!!

How special to win for your 29th birthday. ENJOY!!

Sounds like you have been busy "rebuilding a house." Glad you are squeezing in some sewing time too.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS! QuilterJen

Posts: 8178 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back sisters!!

Congrat's Jen and happy birthday early! Smile