Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Get Your Mrs. Claus On Doll Quilt Project - 2014
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Your Mrs. Claus On Doll Quilt Project - 2014 Sign In/Join 
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh that little doll quilt is so very, very cute. Are those hedgehogs? I LOVE hedgehogs! Some little girl is going to really like that. Your quilting is fantastic! Thanks so much for making it & being a part of the project.

Nicki

Posts: 8507 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nicki! Yes, they are hedgehogs. I think they're cute too.

Posts: 3670 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to contribute. I'm from NJ.

Posts: 131 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Turtle9 thank you for being a part here. I've got you down for New Jersey.

Nicki

Posts: 8507 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I finished NH and it will be in the mail soon.
I will post a pic later.

Posts: 4450 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the pic. Don't forget to let Debbie know you are from this board. Thanks for your help!

Nicki

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Go ahead and put me down for New Mexico and Nebraska too. My dad was born there (NM) and grew up in Nebraska. Easy peasy for me to do 4.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 9037 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Nicki-I'll sign up for Arkansas with Rainbow and I will also do Tennessee cause I lived in Memphis for 10years.

I can't wait to do these again!

PamSmile

Posts: 5905 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I just checked in on this thread & notice that LA is sort of "bleeped" out with some *****. Does anyone know what that's all about? I've tried to fix it but nothing works when I try to spell out the state. Sometimes I wonder about admin. Frown

Nicki

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I noticed that too since it is one of my states. It was fine before.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Guess I should have asked permission first, but here's a little quilt show of what I've finished since September. These little quilts are so easy and fun to make! And not all of my quilts hit the measurement requirements perfectly - I think last year I read they can be a little off - up to one inch or so.

First, the easiest ones are whole cloth or those made from a panel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcpatches,

Posts: 5799 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Next, we have quilts made from leader/endings/trimmed triangles

Posts: 5799 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
These three started out as a panel with instructions to make a doll quilt and pillow and had another bunny image on the panel. A little extra fabric from stash to make borders, and three bunny quilts

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Now we have some made from some Christmas panels. The hearts and gingerbread men were cut out and window fused then stitched around as part of the quilting.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
These were made from excess sashing (garden maze) and unused blocks (warm wishes + fused shaped from Jayardi) and two orphaned blocks

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
These are made from scraps from 3 Quilts for Kids quilts made late last year - the top two from one quilt and the bottom 3 from two flannel quilts

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
these are three quilts I finished this month while working on Will Quilt for Chocolate's UFO challenge. They started out as 6 blocks from a bright block lottery I won. The bottom one is 4 blocks re-arranged and the last two were done in purple and white and red and white and I added some to them. Didn't think they'd fit into the quilt I was making from the other blocks because they were all different colors in one block, not monochromatic.

Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
i would like to represent massachusetts as well.

Posts: 5064 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
And I think this is the last - rejected 6" blocks from Sylvia's bridal sampler and classes at the retreats. I think my batik sashing is too busy and overwhelms the blocks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcpatches,

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh McPatches, what a beautiful show of doll quilts. What a sweetie you are to make so many for the children. They will be thrilled to get one of these. I can't see your last quilt...the one from the rejected 6" blocks from Sylvia's bridal sampler & classes. It just shows a red X where the picture should be. Some of my sizes are not exact either but I know that they have beds & strollers & I know that they can use all we send.

Mandy, I've got you signed up for Massachusetts. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Well I live in Texas, grew up in Arizona, but have a favorite cousin that lives in North Carolina....

We have a winner! Sign me up for N Carolina.

First time participating in this. Looking forward to it.

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: Oct 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Welcome Cookie Quilts...Wave Thanks for being a part of this group for 2014. These are fun little quilts to make & it's a good way to use up some of your scrap pieces & learn some new techniques. Don't forget to post a pic before you send your quilt off to Debbie. I can p.m. you with her address.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Thank you, Nicki. I got the pm and am looking forward to participating.

I'm just finishing a doll quilt for my DGD, and it's been such fun! I thought I need to make more of these...

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: Oct 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
What a sweet little quilt show! Thanks so much for sharing photos. These will make so many little girls happy as they play with their dolls.

Posts: 3670 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could someone pm with the address to send the little quilts? Can't seem to find it anywhere in my notes. Thanks

Posts: 285 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Lovely little quilts ladies. McPatches you have certainly been a busy beaver and a great rep. for Ohio.

So I think I want to do this and you can sign me up for my home state of PA.

Mary

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
3grandkids I sent you a p.m. with the address.

Yay Mary....glad you climbed on the band wagon for the fun ride. This is such a sweet project.

Nicki

Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about signing up for this and doing a bit of designing.

In the blog Debbie says ...."Recommended size for the doll quilts is 14" by 18". A little bigger or smaller is fine..." I'm wondering how much is "a little"? Is 14" x 17" OK? Smile

Martha

Posts: 7191 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bozie:
I've been thinking about signing up for this and doing a bit of designing.

In the blog Debbie says ...."Recommended size for the doll quilts is 14" by 18". A little bigger or smaller is fine..." I'm wondering how much is "a little"? Is 14" x 17" OK? Smile

I'm pretty sure that is fine.

McPatches - those are wonderful!

Posts: 1130 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh Bozie it would be an honor to have you join us with this project. 14" x 17" would be just fine. I've even made some that are smaller than her 12" x 18" size but I know they went to a thankful child. They use the quilts for beds, cradles & strollers. Let me know if you want to sign up for a particular state or just want to make a little quilt with no state in mind. I have Debbie's address if you decide to join us.

Nicki

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I mailed today. happy girl here!!

Posts: 4450 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
Nicki, please sign me up for Montana. I'll PM you for the mailing address.

Martha

Posts: 7191 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bozie...you're now officially signed up for Montana. I'll p.m. you the address.

Nicki

Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
Got it.

Here's my quilt.......

Martha

posted Hide Post
bozie, are those real buttons?

Posts: 5064 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
quote:
bozie, are those real buttons?

No,they are fussy cut from this fabric.

Martha

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Bozie, that's a really, really cute quilt. I love the fabric & colors. Thanks!!!

Nicki

posted Hide Post
ohhhhh! it looked like metal buttons.

posted Hide Post
With my limited internet I missed the original posting. I see Ohio is very adequately represented. Hawaii is also covered (born there). I have visited DC and would like to visit those other states so if you would like to have me adopt one of remander states I'd be happy to take care of one. Alison

Posts: 841 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McP, those quilts are beautiful! Ohio is beautifully represented Smile

Posts: 841 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh, thank you Aliquilt! How about I put you down for DC since you have visited there in the past? Thanks for joining the group. I'll go ahead & p.m. you with the mailing address since your computer access is limited. Thanks again for signing up.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Do u use quilt batting in the doll quilts?

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I use it in mine. Sometimes I use cotton & sometimes polyester. I don't think you would have to use it if you don't want to. You could just have a front & back with no batting inside. There are not rules (except for the sizes). You can make them tied, quilted, bound, unbound, etc.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Nicki, I will make one to represent South Dakota, next door neighbor to my state of MN. And a very friendly place to visit. Jackie

Posts: 854 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Feb 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mandylifeboats:
Do u use quilt batting in the doll quilts?

I use batting because it makes the quilting show better,but don't think you would have to.You could also just use another piece of fabric.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10185 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
What a sweet little quilt, Bozie!

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Over the weekend I made two little quiltsSmile

Posts: 459 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
and this one

Posts: 459 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin, both of those little quilts are precious. Thanks so much for representing Australia with those.

Nicki

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin, your quilts are beautiful.

Posts: 528 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post