Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Get Your Mrs. Claus On Doll Quilt Project - 2014
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Your Mrs. Claus On Doll Quilt Project - 2014 Sign In/Join 
Picture of nlk
posted
Well, another year has come & gone & we are in our 3rd annual doll quilt project that started in 2011 by Debbie at http://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/

For a little background for newbies on the board, this project started with a woodworking guild in South Carolina. The men made cars, truck, doll beds, strollers, etc. for needy childred for Christmas mentioned that the doll beds could use some "covers". This started the whole thing with Debbie making doll quilts. She put out a cry from her blog for help as the first year they needed 60. I thought our board might be willing to help & BOY DID Y'ALL HELP. In 2012 y'all set 92 doll quilts for the project (if my count is correct) & in 2013 y'all sent 87 quilts. I think they needed 150 little quilts in 2013.

After taking a poll, many of you said you want to do this again in 2014. Debbie & I both like the idea of signing up for a state so we will do that again this year. So pick a state that you want to represent(more than one person can sign up for a state), make a little doll quilt, put a label on the back representing that state & send it to Debbie between now & Sept. 1, 2014. If you don't have her address I can get it to you via a p.m.

Two sizes are needed ~~~~~ 12" x 18" for the cradles & 14" x 18" for the doll beds.

Alabama -- SeeingStars
Alaska --------nancyc20 & KaylaQuilts
Arizona -----KaylaQuilts
Arkansas ----Rainbow & NICUnurse
Australia -- Shirlwin
California --Sue Stitches
Colorado ----nancyc20
Connecticut --KC1930
Delaware
Dist.of Columbia
Florida ---- cksvett
Georgia ----wannaquilt2
Hawaii -------KaylaQuilts
Idaho ----Quilter Jen
Illinois ----Quilter Chris
Indiana --- nlk
Iowa ----jacky
Kansas ---ilovemy4kids
Kentucky -- Fayejean
*****iana -- Sue Stitches
Maine ---KC1930
Maryland ---AngelaC & PatriciaAnne
Massachusetts ---Catwmn27 & mandylifeboats
Michigan ------TcMay
Minnesota------chanlady22
Mississippi --- Sue Stitches
Missouri -----KaylaQuilts
Montana ---STinMT & Bozie
Nebraska --- nancyc20
Nevada ---KaribbeanQuilter
New Hampshire-----Quiltnanny
New Jersey ---Ruth50 & Turtle9
New Mexico --- nancyc20
New York ----peppy
New Zealand ---**sister sue & patty j**
North Carolina -- Cookie Quilts
North Dakota --- SeeingStars
Ohio --------mcpatches (25) & 3grandkids
Oklahoma ---Marion2
Oregon ----Quilter Chris
Pennsylvania ----amiko & 3grandkids & fishing widow
Puerto Rico ---KaylaQuilts
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota wenonah
Tennessee --- NICUnurse
Texas -----Will Quilt For Chocolate & nlk
US Virgin Islands ---KaribbeanQuilter
Utah --- nlk
Vemont
Virginia ---Malou
Washington -- Sue Stitches
West Virginia nlk
Wisconsin --- sister sue & patty j
Wyoming --- KBlue

**maybe**

I thank you, Debbie thanks you & all the children who have received little quilts thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Posts: 7938 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicki- You can count me in and Patty j. we should be able to make several. Count us for the state of Wisconsin. Sue

Posts: 1491 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I'd love to do this again! Count TEXAS in for at least one quilt!!!

Posts: 4800 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I will represent the great state of New Hampshire, again.
please pm me the addy to send to. thank you!
Happy New Year...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltnanny,

Posts: 4405 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I'm in for Alaska and Colorado so others can do CA. Unless there's an Alaska/Colorado person out there!!! yoohoo????

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8430 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Nicki -
ummmm, I started making 14 x 18 doll quilts last year right after I sent what I had done off. I was making one for every larger quilt I made - usually using the scraps from the larger one. Then I did some organizing and destashing and put together all the tiny triangle trimmings I found. And orphan blocks and sashing. And some fabric already printed with quilt squares, etc. trying to get rid of things someone might scratch their heads about if I wasn't around to explain what they were. I already have, are you read for this? 25 quilts. Some only take a couple hours or so. But I didn't label them for personal reasons. Sign me up for Ohio. I think I'm trying to do my state proud!

Posts: 5674 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Put me down for Minnesota. I have done this before and it was fun to do.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2184 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh mcpatches!!! You have already made your state proud with your 25 little quilts. That is totally awesome!!!! Thank you so much. It is not a problem that you are not labeling them.

Anyone out there want to beat mcpatches numbers? Wink

Nicki

Posts: 7938 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for this post please sign me up for Alaska, Arizona, Missouri, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Thanks

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 698 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicki- I was inspired and made my first one out of pink flannel. Could you please PM me the address. Here is my pic. Sue

Posts: 1491 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, that's sooo cute Sue. I think I'll try one out of flannel also. I have one made from the fish block (fatcat BOM last year) and one other one from a pattern from warmbuns. I feel good having a little jump start on these (nothing like mcpatches though....she's made 25 already!)

I'm sending you the address (p.m.) now.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Nicki...Put me down for Michigan please...Thank you

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9920 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
l haven't done this before but l made my DGD a doll quilt for Christmas and enjoyed it. So, please sign me up for Arkansas!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9381 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
I will be glad to participate again. Sign me up from Pennsylvania.

amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Put me in for Colorado too. I know I'll make more....not sure I can get up there with McPatches, but will give it a go!!! Good work McP!!!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8430 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
I am in again for Massachusetts. I really enjoyed doing this last year.

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I'm having a really hard time with my computer today so I'll post y'alls slots each time I can get the computer to work right. It's really slow & many times when I post the post doesn't grab hold & just sits there forever. Uggh! Frown

Nicki

posted Hide Post
I will take Virginia where a sister lives.... where I hope to move when DH decides to really retire!
I've enjoyed doing them! Thanks for getting this going again Nicki!

Posts: 2242 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Count me in for CA!

"Inside every Girl Gone Wild is a quilt loving grandma waiting to come out" - Gabriel Rutledge

Posts: 544 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take Kansas! Smile Sending you a pm.

Posts: 523 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in for Montana.

Posts: 530 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: Apr 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I would like Ky my grandmother's state.

Posts: 505 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
AngelaC & PatriciaAnne for Maryland please! Smile

Posts: 4576 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Maine and Connecticut for me, please!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marion2
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for Oklahoma!

Posts: 5557 | Location: OK | Registered: Jun 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
I will do Iowa this year Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8880 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quilter Chris
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I would love to do this again. I had Illinois and Oregon last year. I think I would like to keep these two if it is OK. I can always do extra if I have the time. Quilter Chris

Posts: 174 | Location: Saint Anne, Illinois | Registered: Jul 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like also to help by making a doll quilt for L.I. New York!

Posts: 37 | Registered: May 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Sister Sue and I are taking a vacation (holiday) to Australia and New Zealand. One of our stops is going to be a fabric shop in Auckland, just maybe we will be able to find some suitable fabric there for a little doll quilt. If we do we will make one and sign it from there, is that ok???
Otherwise we are signed up for Wisconsin. I have a really good idea for a doll quilt.

Posts: 7842 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
patty j, absolutely you & Sister Sue can make one for Australia and/or New Zealand. You can add places...change your original place...etc. This is such a flexible project. It's kinda like an "anything goes" type of fun project.

Nicki

Picture of Ruth50
posted Hide Post
This will be my first time with this group. I would love to represent New Jersey.

Posts: 16 | Location: Havre de Grace, MD | Registered: Feb 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Ruth50, thank you for wanting to be a part of this project this year & welcome to our boards. This is a very easy project with no rules or regulations as to what kind of little doll quilt you make. You can make it by machine or by hand. It can be pieced or a whole fabric quilt or made from panels, etc. It can have borders or no borders...sashing or no sashing...binding or pillow case technique...etc, etc. You can be brand new to quilting or a very experienced quilter. You can make one quilt or TONS. Smile It does not matter. What matters is that your little quilt your little quilt, made with love, will make a little girl very, very happy at Christmas. Don't forget...we love pictures & want to see your finished quilt.

Ask questions if you have any & I'll be glad to answer them.

Nicki

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Add me to Florida. Have two ready and two that just need quilting if I ever can get back to the sewing machine... Chris

Posts: 5869 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quilter Chris
posted Hide Post
moving up

Posts: 174 | Location: Saint Anne, Illinois | Registered: Jul 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
23 states left to fill! Wow the list is filling up fast this year. Now you know that if all the states are signed up for you can still participate & sign up for any state you want/like. More than one person can sign up for a state.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
I've been wanting to participate in this project. My two granddaughters will love helping with the fabric selections! Put us down for Ohio (where they live) and Pennsylvania (where I live). Looking forward to this.

Posts: 242 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I'm already in for CA but please sign me up for LA too. One of the most wonderful women I have ever known, Ms. Alice, was from there.

"Inside every Girl Gone Wild is a quilt loving grandma waiting to come out" - Gabriel Rutledge

Posts: 544 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
What a great response this year. Thank you ladies!

Nicki

posted Hide Post
I'll do Idaho... still no job, so I have extra time... and postage won't be too much.

Posts: 1648 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
To the top for week-end viewers to see.

Nicki

Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Love participating each year! Pls. sign me up for Georgia.

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1925 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Put me down for Australia pleaseSmile

Posts: 313 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
I'll sign up for Alabama or North Dakota. Or both. Smile

Posts: 3542 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I would like to sign up. I spent 10 amazing years in Wyoming, so I'll grab that state since no one has it yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KBlue,

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to participating again. Please put me down for Nevada and USVI. Thank you for coordinating !

Posts: 507 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Sending a doll quilt in the mail today. Hoping you have a huge success for this project.

amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Amiko that's such a pretty little doll quilt. Debbie will be glad to get it. Thanks so much for helping out this year. HUGS TO YOU!

Nicki

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Just went strolling through my stash and found three quilts almost done. Please put me down for Washington and Mississippi too! Have to get those states filled up.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sue Stitches! I've got 2 more states "covered" also.... Indiana & West Virginia.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Here's one for North Dakota. It's flannel and minkee for extra warmth. Smile

Posts: 3542 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post