Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BOM's for 2013 Sign In/Join 
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted
Happy New Year!

I thought a thread with all the BOM's we have found for 2013 would be fun~

I found this one at Country Threads

And of course, we have our very own here on the board~
HGTV BOM

What have you found?? Smile

Posts: 10444 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
There goes my new year's resolution...kinda. I wouldn't be buying this pattern!

I really like it and printed out the directions. Are you doing this one too?

Posts: 4780 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I am anxious to see what new BOM Sindy at Fatcatpatterns is going to have sometime this month. I so enjoyed the funky chicks.

Either one of the BOMs that you showed Crazyboutquilts, are nice too. What are you going to do?

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL Carolyn~ I am definitely doing the board BOM Winkand I'm thinking about the Country Threads one too~ I love the scrappiness of it. Wink

Posts: 10444 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Sindy will have her new BOM ready about Valentine's Day. They're testing it now.

Here are two free BOM's: http://www.quiltingboard.com/forum.php
As far as I know you have to be a member of the board (just register). Go to 'Blocks of the Month and Week'. They are fun to do Big Grin

Posts: 1101 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I like scrappy quilts so I will be doing the BOM from Country Threads.
Thanks CBQ.....
For those who like small quilts there will be one from here: Jan 25 http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/

More details on fabric requirements coming soon.
Judie Rothermel 25th Anniversary Sew Along

Posts: 4404 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Here is another BOM, starting tomorrow. first Friday of the month
Quilts by Darlene:
http://quiltsbydarlene.blogspo.../12/its-mystery.html

Posts: 4404 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for "Jingle" to start at One Piece at a Time blog. This is the blog address, http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/. She has lovely applique blocks. Jingle will be pieced and appliqued.

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5094 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Celine
posted Hide Post
I really like the one from Country Threads. Thanks for posting the link.

Posts: 1660 | Location: New York | Registered: Oct 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try the BOM from Country Threads. Here's January blocks

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Here's one I just found on Craftsy. It's free.

http://www.craftsy.com/class/c...f-the-month-2013/183

I just watched the video for Jan and if the rest of the months go the same way, it is a great BOM for newbie quilters. She explains 'everything'.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: paus4quilts,

Posts: 5887 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I believe City/Sandie is doing the one from Temecula.

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Very nice "will quilt"
I have my fabric picked out. Will cut tomorrow...

posted Hide Post
Oh I like your blocks WQFC! Very nice!

Posts: 2235 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to sew WQFC! I love your blocks!!

Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
I posted this one in a topic of its own the other day but will put it here just in case. I'm saving this and want to to it but just don't know when.

www.sulky-international.de/scr...Web.php?seite_id=200

Margie

Posts: 1269 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Margie! Wave

Here's a cute block of the week~

http://heartspunquilts.blogspot.com/

posted Hide Post
Here's the first mini block from Heartspun Quilts (link above)

posted Hide Post
And I got my two blocks done for the Country Threads BOM too. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paus4quilts:
I believe City/Sandie is doing the one from Temecula.

Here is the one from Temecula...starting Jan. 27th...I do like her projects...

http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9880 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your blocks look great CBQ! I really want to do the Heartspun one. My week became way more complicated today. I might be able to eek out some time on Thursday. Ugh!

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anael7621:
Here are two free BOM's: http://www.quiltingboard.com/forum.php
As far as I know you have to be a member of the board (just register). Go to 'Blocks of the Month and Week'. They are fun to do Big Grin

Easier said than done! I tried to register last night & got an e-mail from them this morning saying that I didn't "meet the registration requirements" and my account was being deleted! I answered all their questions...not sure what I did to tick them off!! Roll Eyes

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really strange,I'm a member want me to ask them why you were rejected,gosh that's a terrible word...I bet it was a blip with computers,try again today...

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9880 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilts4fun
posted Hide Post
Here's a cute one. I hope I do this right, been awhile since I've posted here!
http://www.debbiemumm.com/Projects/QuiltBlocks/2013/
-Sherry

Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilts4fun
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sherry, Love a couple of the links you provided. Numbers 1 and 3 would make really cute baby quilts. I'm downloading these two. Not sure when I will need them but couldn't pass them by! Thanks for the links. sandy

Posts: 967 | Registered: Apr 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Here are my Country Thread BOM blocks. I'm liking this one!! Smile

posted Hide Post
Here's mine for the Heartspun BOW. I think I need to work on my accuracy!

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the great post. I really like the finished project.

Posts: 155 | Location: Lombard, IL USA | Registered: Sep 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I really like the Debbie Mumm BOM. Now I have three BOM's I want to do this year.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! You gals really are making me want to do ALL of them!!! LOL.........thanks for sharing all of them.

Posts: 150 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heartspun Qlts BOW. Week 2

A really easy technique! Wink

posted Hide Post
I did mine too! Smile

I'll add that I think that one of my blocks is sewn in the wrong direction, but I've decided to love it that way! Translation...I'm not taking the block apart! LOL!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Will Quilt for Chocolate,

posted Hide Post
Bumping this up...the newest block of the week from Heartspun quilts is up. Hope I'm up to the challenge on this weeks block!

Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Don't think this one has been posted yet. If you like hearts here is a pretty one.

www.shabbyfabrics.com/Free-Patterns-W4.aspx

Margie

Posts: 1269 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my block for week three in the Heartspun Quilts BOW. It looks crooked in the picture, but in real life I think it's straighter.

posted Hide Post
2 others I found this weekend when I was supposed to be doing homework... I already chose fabrics for the castle one (http://www.lenzula.de/en/bom/bom-2013.html) (even though I did a castle for the scraps to treasure last year!) and caught up ALL 13 blocks of the alphabet one (http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/freebom.htm) in greens and creams.

Posts: 1629 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking good Jill! Mine is finished but haven't taken a photo yet. Wink

Thanks for all the BOM links ladies!! Wave

posted Hide Post
Ok, here is my week three block~ tomorrow week four comes out already! Wink

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Gee, Angela and TcMay. I went to that forum and didn't register but was able to get to the BOMs. Did I do something wrong?

I like that Debbie Mumm pattern. I like most of the patterns, actually. lolll

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Several great BOM's listed. Thanks everyone. I picked a couple to download monthly and maybe start working on... Smile

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just printed the paper piecing pattern for this weeks Heartspun project! Yikes! That's a lot of pieces! Hope to work on it this weekend!

posted Hide Post
Heartspun Quilts week 4~

I love paper piecing when the block is only 4 inches finished! Smile

posted Hide Post
I love all the little blocks you, CBQ, and WQFC have shown from Heartspun... can't wait to see what the final product will be.
And like the blocks, too, from Country Threads that have been shown.
I thought about doing both but never got started!

Posts: 2235 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joobee
posted Hide Post
Val Laird has begun a new one
Apples of Gold

http://val-laird.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html

Posts: 339 | Registered: Nov 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CBQ - I'm about to start that log cabin block...my paper pattern doesn't measure out to the 4.5" I'm going to leave the last 4 wide, do you think that will be OK?

It looks like a lesson in torture!

posted Hide Post
Actually it was really easy to do Jill. Smile Just cut the seams down a little less than a quarter but more than an eighth. Wink And leaving the last four larger should work fine. Have fun!

posted Hide Post
OK - here's my log cabin...it's not trimmed up yet. I followed the example in the picture, not the shading on the pattern.

posted Hide Post
Good job WQFC! I like your colors!

posted Hide Post
Looks great WQFC! I did just the opposite~ the pattern, I didn't look at her photo until I was done. Wink