Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  The new fishy is ready!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new fishy is ready! Sign In/Join 
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
These are soooooo good.

Like your idea of the bling, katiemedarling.

I didn't have any bling but I have some nice shiney fabric I'm using. It won't show up on the photo I'm sure but It's there. lollll

And a blue eyed fishy, Patty J. Really? lollll
The plaid is most becoming.

We're having so much fun with this gal....anyone recognize any other females in the group....the angel fish maybe???

Posts: 5933 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Here's my little Spring time gal. I'm not sure I like her, she may have to get redone. But in the meantime...please note her stud earring. It's Mother of Pearl, of course. lolllll

posted Hide Post
Paus, very cute! Is that an earring on her fin?

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Yeahhhhhh, she needed something 'fashionable' to stand out in the school. lollllll

Hey, did I miss that we have a new participant in our group. tinbren. Thanks for joining us. We need lots of fishies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: paus4quilts,

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
She is just too fabulous. Love the earring.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4011 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
She's so sweet

J Lu

Posts: 936 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Patty J...you are so right. I've been working on these all day...and now have all twelve fused down. It will take me until November to hand stitch these edges!

I only had enough background for twelve of the blocks. But, that's enough for a twin bed...which is what Aidan has.

The other three will be on a different background...and I'm thinking about a bed pillow and a wall hanging at the head of her bed with those.

Posts: 4614 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
They really are pretty easy, aren't they? I have been having so much fun making these. I only purchased the background - everything else I pull out of the scrap box. And it's so much fun to figure out what will go with what.

It's nice to have a project that I can finish in about an hour. I try to do them pretty much as soon as I download the pattern. So simple, and I'll have a whole quilt! Ta-da!

Can't wait to see what you've done Kathy.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4011 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
But now that we were so efficient and finished our fish for April, we have to wait 24 Long days to get the next patternFrown
Paus your Spring Fish is just darling with that earring!!! Maybe when I go fishing in June I'll find your fish has taken my bait and ends up in my boat!!!

Posts: 7861 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
These are easy and fun. As was said, coming up with the fabrics is the hard part.

And now, only 23 more days before the next one. *sigh*

posted Hide Post
Paus- love your fish with the earring. I thought it was a diamond. LOL It is so much fun looking at all the fish in the ocean. Keep them coming. Sue

Posts: 1500 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
What self-respecting fish would go for diamonds when there are sooooo many pearls around down there?

The earring really is a flower shaped Mother of Pearl button. I put a drop of OK to Wash it glue in the center and sprinkled it with some glitter to cover the holes.

I was going to do a dangley but I didn't have a third, similar but smaller sized button and I thought two wasn't enough. That part of the block I'm happy with. lollll

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
What gorgeous wee fish!!! I have just printed out the template ... another project!

Posts: 315 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin -- WELCOME to the boards!! We love to have new folks join in. Look out for Kentucky Sunshine, cause she's Down Under also.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin, Sure happy to have you join with us, sewing these fish every month. We like pictures and questions. Hope to see you post. Pat

Posts: 7861 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
KMD...the photos of all my fish are on my blog. I didn't think y'all would want your "monthly surprise" spoiled!

Now, I've caught up with my Funky Chicken blocks too. There is no way I'll get all of these stitched at retreat...but, at least they are closer to being finished!

Posts: 4614 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I saw them on your blog and they look awesome!!! I love the batiks, perfect for fishies. Great job, as always.

You must be stretched pretty tight with all those BOM's and CQ work.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Oh Kathy, those are so neat. Can't wait to see how you set them in a quilt. TFS Pat

posted Hide Post
Kathy, your fish are so cute . You did a great job in a short amount of time. Thanks for posting. Sue

Posts: 1500 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the welcome. Yesterday evening I began the block, and ... it won't be long until the fish is finished. I will post a photo when that is done.

Posts: 315 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!! You sure did go to work, Shawlk. The fishies are cute and you will be busy, won't you. Did you buy the patterns or copy from the site?

Shirlwin, sorry I didn't greet you earlier. It will be nice to see another quilter from Australia. Hope you do enjoy our fishy group. It's been fun. Enjoy the board, it's a good group here.

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Let me introduce Coral-lee ... lol, I read that there is already a Esmeralda. The school grows.

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin - Welcome! So happy we have a new fisherman(woman). I love Coral-lee. She's just beautiful. A girl can never go wrong with basic red lipstick.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Coral-lee, what a neat name. Shirlwin, you did a great job. She is ready to join the school. Thanks for posting your photo. Pat

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Kathy I love your fishes they just jump out at you. Can't wait to see them in person. I see you bought the whole kit and kaboodle now I'm fishin.

Shirlwin I love Coral-lee she is sweeeeet. Don't you just love them lips.

Marlene just got back from Disney can't wait to see her fish.

J Lu

Posts: 936 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Great looking fish ladies!Big Grin

I logged into Kathy's Blog the other day and fell in love with all her fish... next thing I know, I had ordered the full set. Good thing I had just bought a new ream of paper as when I went to print them out it was 42 pages!!! This is going to be a great summer project...thanks Kathy!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10245 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Ohhhh, this should be good. Nickilee and her Crazy quilted fishy will be joining the school. Welcome to the water, Nickilee.

Shirlwin. Coral-lee is downright delightful.

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Nicki, are you going to make them as a regular or crazy quilt? I can totally see them done up in CQ - and wouldn't that be fabulous? Of course, it would also be a ton of work. Oh, and welcome to the club!

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Lynn, already pulled a bunch of lace that I had dyed up - might be making a couple - one in CQ shabby chic fabrics - and have ideas "swimming" in my mind. Think it'll be a wall hanging. Also want to make one up for my grandson as I have a purse pattern I'd like to make for my granddaughter.

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10245 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see what you come up with. Really, they could be just amazing. And knowing you, they will be. Smile

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post
Shirlwin, your fish is a beautiful addition to the fish in the ocean. Welcome to the board and to the fish BOM.
Nickie- glad to see another quilter making the fish. Anxious to see what type of fish you will make. Love your lace. Sue

Picture of michelle1538
posted Hide Post
I copied off 1,2 and 3 and now I can't find them...is there a way to get them from this board or should I just order the pattern.

This is a perfect quilt for a baby boy or girl....Love It

Thanks Michelle

Posts: 1730 | Location: livin in the mitten | Registered: Mar 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
Look who followed me home from Disney - a relative of Nemo. Notice that the stitching is still not right even after paying $180 2 weeks ago, back to shop again

fish #4

Posts: 2145 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
let's try again

fish #4a

Posts: 2145 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
That is really cute, EBQG. You did a good job down there at Disney finding that one. lolllll

Michelle, PM me your email address, I'll help you out.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Didn't pay attention to your comment about your machine. I am there myself. The 'chine has been in the shop twice for the same thing and I am not happy with what it is doing. Really frustrating!!!!!

posted Hide Post
J Lu- I love your fish since it almost looks like a printed crazy quilt. Good job!

Posts: 1659 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jen, Marlene love your fishy, yeah! You need to take it back to Mike and tell him to fix it this time.

J Lu

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Love your fishSmile It obviously loves making a statement!! And the 'ocean' fabric is gorgeous.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Oh boy the ocean is full of fish this month. Everyones' fish looks great. Just a short time until we get the next pattern. Can't wait.

posted Hide Post
Shirlwin and EBGQ...your fishies are darling! What a colorful bunch we have this month!

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Have you been thinking about how you're going to layout your fishies???

Check this out.

ETA: Well, that was an interesting posting, if I do say so myself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: paus4quilts,

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Marlene - love your fish. Pretty sure I recognize that fabric! Smile

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, I like that setting. Did you make it up on your EQ designs?? Rectangular port holesSmile

posted Hide Post
EBGQ- beautiful color fabric you used for your fish. The ocean has really brighten up since the April fishes have appeared in the ocean. Sue

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Nope, Patty J. Found that in one of my newsletters. I really like it!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Now all we need is a "yellow Submarine"Smile Smile

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
You did that on purpose, didn't you??? You know that everyone that reads your post will be thinking that song.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, you are so much fun to tease. But really wouldn't it look neat to have a submarine on the quilt??? Maybe on the backing.

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Oh! Wow! just love what you all have done with the fish patterns. Another projectSmile. Not sure when I can fit this one in. I will download the pattern and see where the current takes me.

Posts: 652 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post