Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  The new fishy is ready!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new fishy is ready! Sign In/Join 
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted
Don't forget to download your new fishy. She's ready - definitely a she. I've been looking forward to the next one and I'll get right on it when I get home tonight.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4006 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Katie, thanks for posting. I looked yesterday afternoon, but it wasn't up yet. I found some more bright colors in my stash that I'm going to use, if they are big enough pieces. Pat

Posts: 7851 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are so cute! I can't wait to see what you guys do with this one.

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5094 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Brandy, You should join us. The more the Merrier. Pat

Posts: 7851 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I also checked yesterday but at like oh dark thirty last night and it still wasn't up.

Doing those lips is going to be fun. lollll

Posts: 5924 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I think the lips gives the fish, Esmerelda, a lot of personality. LOL Pat

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder!! I am off tomorrow, will get my fabrics sorted out!

Posts: 4586 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
"Esmerelda"?

See looks more like a blonde "Pinky" to me.

posted Hide Post
Very cute! I know there really are fish with lips like those! Have my fabbies picked, cut out and fused to the background. Will stitch this week.

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oooooo! She is a cutie pie. I love her.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
my fishey will have to wait until I get back from Disney

Posts: 2142 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that you will all have a new fish to do this month. Can't wait to see the fish join others in the ocean. Sue

Posts: 1497 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Marlene we can always work on them in Alabama. I'm running out of things to take. Ha!

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for posting. I had the chance to get busy with this one

Posts: 376 | Registered: Nov 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Oh she is just GORGEOUS! I think this fishy calls for something a bit different and I love what you've done.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4006 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
J Lu, if you bring your's...I'll bring mine!

These would be pretty quick to work up. Except, I didn't get block 3...so, I'll be borrowing your pattern...pretty please?

Now...to go pull some fabrics and bag them up!

I'm bringing two other applique quilts with me to work on...so, hey...what's one more!

Posts: 4612 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinbren...isn't your fishy just cute?!!!!

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Fantastic use of a paisley. Love it!!!

Got my patterns done this morning, we'll see where that gets me as the day goes on. Shouldn't take too long for this one, not many pieces.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Your little fishy is to cute. I just love paisley. My computer is still acting up so I have to wait for Tom to get home to print her out.

Kathy I'll bring them all with me. Fish, Snowmen, Balitmore Album, April BOM, hey maybe I will start a new project. I really don't have enough. I'm really getting excited to get on the road. Well at least get warmer.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
April fishy wanted to come out and play so I just HAD to get it done!

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
J Lu...are you doing the owls? Those are so cute to me!

I just need a keeper...as I forget to check her site.

Posts: 4612 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I think I copied one or two but no that's about the only BOM I'm not doing. Do you have all of them?

J Lu

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
alexemmarose: That fishy needs to give out sun glasses!!!! Those fins are some kind of bright. She's a real cutie, though.

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
It's a pretty new BOM. I have the first block...and the fourth...already missing 2 and 3. But, that's how I roll! Ha!

I'll probably wind up just buying the entire set at some time...that's how much I like it!

I'm gonna bring the rest of my Funky Chickens and my Fishy patterns...and see if I can get these fused down. I don't like to do fusible much...but for FatCat...it's really the only way to go. She only designs for fusible.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I don't use fusible a whole lot. I hate the stiffness. I use the freezer paper and alittle glue on the edges before I do the button hole stitch.

J Lu

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
alexemmarose - so cute!

I'll get around to doing this one something, for now just downloading and enjoying everyone else's blocks.

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
J Lu, I might just try that.

My freezer paper applique is usually hand done...but the FatCat patterns have such slender long ends at times (like the Funky Chickens) that there isn't much room for any fabric to turn under.

Guess I could modify the pattern...wish I had done that with my chickens, instead of the fusible...perhaps they would have been finished by now! Ha!

posted Hide Post
Way to go- two new fish in the ocean. They are both very cute, but very different. Love the lips. Keep them coming. Sue

Posts: 1497 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, Esmerelda, is the name I told my kids mine was after they "MOMed" me to death during a rainstorm one day. It was the One name they couldn't pronounce, it was fun hearing them try to say Esmerelda. Besides she looks like an Esmerelda to me. LOL
Really nice looking fish already this month. I agree she needs an exotic look and I think I have just the piece of fabric for that look, if I can find it.Smile

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
That's a cute story, Patty J. Understand it completely, too. lolllll They couldn't handle Patty so you gave them Esmerelda. That's evil. lolllll

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
She's sportin her Easter dress

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Sorry Kathy I couldn't wait.

J Lu

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
OMG, J Lu, that is marvelous!!!!! I went for Spring colors as you'll see but the florals are wonderful.

This BOM, this group doing this BOM, is soooo much fun. What creative minds are on here!!!!!!

posted Hide Post
J Lu- what a clever way to show the fish. I just love it. Great job. Sue

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Jan - she is just fabulous, dahling!!! I love the fabric.

alexemmarose - I love your striped background. It's so different and really makes the fish pop out. This one seems very Andy Warhol to me!

I have been soooo busy this week, but I have told DH that tomorrow afternoon is sewing time. I will do mine then. And I'm going to finish getting my Jingle medallion pieces ready to go. I'm almost there. I love the hand sewing, but the prep work stinks. The fish is so nice and easy, it will be fun.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post
J Lu, your fishy is darling!!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
well thank you darling the only thing she's missing is her bonnet.

J Lu

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
OMG! I was honestly thinking the very same thing. She needs a bonnet for sure.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Ok, now who is going to be the first one making a bonnet??? These fish are sewwww cute. I'm loving all of them. I found my fabric, but haven't cut it out yet. This weekend for sure.

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
She is just perfect...and I can see why you could not wait!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
My fish is done and it Doesn't have a Hat. Esmerelda is going to have a special place on my quilt.

posted Hide Post
Patty, love the fish with the blue eye. Sue

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Patty love your flirty blue eyes

J Lu

posted Hide Post

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments. She was fun to do. We sure are getting lots of practice using our blanket stitch aren't we????

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Love the blue eye! Such a darling fishy..

JLu, don't worry about bring me the 3rd fish...I just broke down and ordered the whole set. There's no way I was going to keep up each month for every one...and I'd like to do this quilt for Aidan's birthday in November...so I had best get to stitching and fusing!

Hugs,

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Well finished mine. I did not have one floral scrap - guess they're not my thing, huh? But if a girl can't do florals, she can definitely do some bling - as in lame'. This was all I had left of this piece and I like it. Nothing like a little sparkle.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

posted Hide Post

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Katie.... I'm loving your Bling. She is beautiful. Was it hard to sew on the Lame? Nice job.
ShawlKL Now you will have all your fish done before us. These really don't take much time, choosing the fabric is what I find takes most of the time.