Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Im so excited Sign In/Join 
Picture of thimble lady
posted
I am so excited to be back on the board after a bout with cancer and a heart attack during chemotherapy. DH had major abdominal surgery plus other health issues during the same time. We couldn't have made it without our children and their spouses. So yes, I am very excited to be back and see what beautiful things you all have been doing. They are such an inspiration. Thimble Lady

Posts: 3651 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: Jul 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Thimble Lady, I am so proud to see you back. I did not know that you had been sick. I pray that you continue to improve.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
It's wonderful to have you back with us. Hope you are taking it "one stitch at a time" - pun intended...

Take it easy in this summer heat. And congrats to you and DH for overcoming so many obstacles. I hope your seam ripper is all you need for awhile.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 484 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! So glad to see you again. Sorry you have had such struggles, congratulations overcoming them.

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5097 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Welcome Back! I hope eveyone stays on the path to wellness... Chris

Posts: 6116 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
So glad things are better. We don't always know why someone goes missing from the boards for awhile, but I'm glad you're back. Yes, take inspiration from these talented people, and jump back into your sewing space. Smile

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! So sorry you've been through so much! Glad to hear that you are getting better!

Posts: 5006 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thimble lady: I'm so glad that you are back with us. I don't know everyone and I don't post that much, but I am so happy that you and your husband made it through life's struggles. Now you can get back to quilting and whatever else you enjoy.

Quiltmaker

Posts: 1166 | Registered: Mar 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of you and your DH's health problems, but glad they are behind you. Praying for continued good health for both of you.

I have a granddaughter in her senior year at Auburn, do you live near the college?

Posts: 1721 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
Not within walking distance of the college but,everything in Auburn is "near the college". LOL It is a great place to live AND to go to college.

Posts: 3651 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: Jul 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! Hope you both stay healthy and happy!

Posts: 17097 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! I'm glad your and DH's health is improving. Sending hugs your way.

We're scheduled to tour Auburn's campus soon. Our DD's are a junior and a senior in high school.

Posts: 3604 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of your struggles, but very happy you are doing better and back on the boards!

Posts: 750 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Wave so happy things are improving

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Wishing you to have a nice quiet fall and that all continues to go well for you and DH.

Posts: 8089 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
quote:
So glad things are better. We don't always know why someone goes missing from the boards for awhile, but I'm glad you're back. Yes, take inspiration from these talented people, and jump back into your sewing space. Smile

Ditto. welcome back & I hope things continue to improve for you and your DH.

Posts: 5291 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you back, and doubly glad you and DH are well again.
I love Auburn! All my 3 went there, and one grandson. DD didn't graduate, but the others did. Our youngest son was commissioned a naval officer there...by DH!

Posts: 1061 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very happy you & DH are getting back on your feet again.

Gina

Posts: 350 | Location: in the land of quilting | Registered: Jan 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad to see you back on the boards. I didn't know you were having such a difficult time with your & your DH's health. It's good to know that y'all are on the road to recovery.

Nicki

Posts: 8200 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Welcome and keep continuing to improve. What a tough battle. We look forward to hearing from you.

Posts: 9546 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Nice to have you join in the fun again and hope all health issues are small ones now.

piney

Posts: 3199 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! So sorry to hear you both have had such a bad time with your health. Glad you are feeling better now!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9528 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles. But I'm really glad to hear that both of you are on the mend!!! May there be many healthy and happy years ahead for both of you!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6612 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear all you and your husband have been through. I hope both of you will be healthy for many more years now!

Posts: 470 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
OMGosh! I am so sorry to hear about you and your DHs health issues and so happy you are back on the board. I should have called you when I went to bama two weeks ago to see my mom after her stroke/unclog cartoid artery surgeries.

Glad to see you back on the boards!
Jackie

Posts: 3285 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Thimble lady! I am so sorry to read about all you and your DH have been through~ I hope it is clear sailing now! Happy stitching! Wave

Posts: 10511 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
So glad you're past the worst of your health issues! Welcome back!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4593 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about health problems for you and your hubby. Glad you are bouncing back! Prayers for you both.

Posts: 659 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Welcome back and may you and yours continue to improve. Now is the time to enjoy the best of life. Hugs to you.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3036 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
I'm so very happy you are back, Thimblelady ... I was wondering about you just last week, and glad to hear you are healing nicely, as well as DH. Looking forward to hearing about your new projects you'll be doing Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawana
posted Hide Post
Thimblelady....welcome back. It sounds like you have been through a great deal of hardship recently but it also sounds like you have overcome and so I am very happy for you. And glad that you are back.

Shawn

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

~ Live Well ~ Love Much ~ Laugh Often ~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srtrn/sets/

Posts: 3564 | Location: WV | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
sew glad all is going well, welcome back

Posts: 435 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...gosh had no idea you were so UNDER the medical weather ... good that you are b oth doing well ... good to see you back here.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9117 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
welcome back!

Posts: 4053 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L.L.
posted Hide Post
'Bout Time You got Back!!! We've been waiting.....

Wink

Posts: 2341 | Location: Alberta, Canada!!  | Registered: Mar 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you are back Smile

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1811 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
So glad you've reappeared, cause that has to mean things are on the up-swing for you. Hurrah!!!
So Glad you're here.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3226 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
welcome home, you have been missed

Posts: 2155 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Weloome back!! I hope future years are smooth sailing for both of you! You've been through the rough part so have some fun!!

(((Hugs)))

Pam

Posts: 5828 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about this. I really don't know many people here even though I have been on here over 10 years. I never really realize anyone Is missing until it is pointed out to me. Glad you and your family are doing well. When things like this hit us we realize how mundane our usual worries are. Life is not about things but about the people we love and care about. Sending good thoughts and pr ayer s your way.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! Congratulations on you and your dh prevailing over your medical issues. Happy for you.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6283 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you back and nicely recovered. If you happen to wander up to Odenville the last of Oct., first week of Nov., and need quilty therapy, a bunch of us will be retreating there. Fun and food!

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2292 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
So very sorry to read that you have been struggling with so many health issues at once. Congratulations on getting through it all. I'm so very happy to see you back here.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6648 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltzilla
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!
When some of us don't post as much or aren't as involved as usual, it's hard to know whether something's wrong or life just gets busy.
We're glad you're better!

Posts: 6658 | Registered: Aug 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
My dear Sally..so glad your both on the mend. Happy Dance and hugs my friend!

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thimble lady
posted Hide Post
Thank each and everyone of you for the kind messages. Things are looking up here and Im getting ready to sew a little...nothing big. LOL So thank all of you for your prayers and good thoughts that you sent out way. I appreciate them.

Thimble Lady