Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  QWL challenge- just waiting for items to arrive now
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QWL challenge- just waiting for items to arrive now Sign In/Join 
posted
Nevada--------722 blocks
California----387 blocks
Flordia-------327 blocks
New Jersey----212 blocks
Tennessee-----198 blocks
WestVirginia,Maryland,Pennsylvanis group---171 blocks
Maine---------120 blocs
Ohio-----------96 blocks
Indiana-------72 blocks
Wisconsin-----48 blocks
New Hampshire-48 blocks
New York------48 blocks
Arkansaw------48 blocks
North Carolina 33 blocks
Illinois-------24 blocks
Idaho----------24 blocks
Oregon--------10 blocks
North Caroline-9 blocks

TOTALS--2595 blocks

Funds send to help with batting and postage is as follows.

Tennessee-----Ck $225.00
Missouri------Cash $131.21
Maryland------Ck $100.00
California----Ck $100.00
Maine---------Ck $50.00
North CarolineCk $75.00
New York------Ck $50.00
Flordia-------Ck $50.00
Virginia------Ck $40.00
Nebraska------Ck $30.00
Montana-------Ck $25.00

Total funds------$876.21

The challenge is moving along very nicely so far. Just jogging some to remind them of the March 31 deadline to mail out to me. Last day to mail is March 31. But if you miss that, you can still send any time as we work all year around in making and sending the quilts. Come join the fun and enjoyment of giving love,comfort and support. If you don't have a favorite charity we always welcome your help. There are many ways to help so just ask.
Our blocks we make in a 12.5 unfinished size and the tops are 56 x 84. Please do not use Holiday seasonal fabrics. Fall color fabrics are great as are red,white and blue. Try to use medium to darker fabrics when possible. Much white is hard for them to keep clean. Especially in those horrible dust storms.

Thanks, Maggie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MedeMo,

Keeping them warm~~~Keeping us safe

Posts: 2483 | Location: QWL CENTER | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 4371 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maggie, two finished quilts went in the mail today from Maine. Should get them by Friday. Confirmation #1309 1040 0001 2455 1679.

Judy

Posts: 406 | Location: Formerly New Hampshire, back home in Maine | Registered: Sep 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great. Huge thanks Judy. I will be watching for it to arrive. A box came today from New Jersey so I need to get it opened and counted. Hugs, Maggie

Posts: 2483 | Location: QWL CENTER | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
2nd Wiley/JessicaSews quilt-top finished...

Posts: 3151 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just mailed 52 blocks from Tennessee. I have a tracking number if they don't show up by this time next week.

Karen

Posts: 585 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
I have three tops and one completed quilt to send. I will try to get them out on Monday. Here is the completed one. I also have the matching pillow case.

Posts: 1994 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1994 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Red, white and blue "10 minute block" It really is that easy!

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Judy your package arrived. Beautiful quilts. They already have a home to go to now. A unit of 10 that just went over have ask for quilts and I now have three finished quilts ready for them as soon as I get their address. Many many thanks to all for helping out this project.
So far we have sent 3116 quilts to the troops.
I am watching out for 3 packages that have been mailed so far so will let you know when they arrive.
Those numbers of the challenge are climbing right up. WONDERFUL!!!!! Hugs, Maggie

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
l am working. l am working. Arkansas will have some sent in by the end of the month! : )

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9383 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rainbow good to hear from you. Way to go girlfriend!!!
Maybaby and Patty just want to let you know that your packages came in by mail. Patty yours arrived yesterday and Maybaby your came in today. Many many thanks. There are going to be some beautiful quilts to sent over.
We got two more terrific letters. I will try to post but don't know if they will go thru. I have posted some of them already before and they would not ok them to post. But will still keep trying. Thanks to all that are working away to help in this project. Hugs, Maggie

posted Hide Post
ttt

posted Hide Post
Another package arrived today with more blocks and a check to help with the postage. This challenge is already a big success and it still has 24 more days to go. Big huge THANKS ladies and gents. Hugs, Maggie

Picture of Lumpy Tush
posted Hide Post
why did an old post say FL had 110 blocks and now it's only 72??

Posts: 3094 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
I hope to get mine sent out on Tuesday.

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Boxed and ready to send tomorrow!

Picture of pch
posted Hide Post
Dear Maggie, My package was mailed out today should get it before the weekend
Have a great day and bless you

Posts: 248 | Location: South Salem,New York | Registered: Jan 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Maggie, mine were sent today too; however, look for the shipping label to say GANLEY AUTO/TOYOTA. My hubby's employer will ship them for me as long it is for our military. AND it is in a radio box....all I had on hand!! Smile

Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
Maggie, how do you feel about chili peppers in the quilt blocks. I have a bunch given to me for this project, and some of the blocks are of chili peppers. Cute blocks though. I will be mailing a bunch this week.

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2394 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
knot me Chili peppers are great. They would sure add color. Many thanks.
This past week has brought in more tops,finished quilts,blocks and backing and bindings for the challenge. WONDERFUL!!
Chlynn sent in a finished quilt,three tops and 2 pillowcases. Many thanks Chlynn. Ellen sent in three tops from Indiana PatH from New York sent in 2 tops,2 backs,2 bindings and 6 pillowcases plus a check for postage. Many thanks Pat. Ajne send in a ck for postage help als. Many thanks Ann. And Bebbie from Tenn sent in 5 tops and 87 blocks that she did up for Lumpytush from Flordia. Also a ck to help finish and send the quilts. Many many thanks Debbie for pitching in and helping out Patty during this time. WONDERFUL !!! The count has been listed with the others at the top. This challenge is already successful for the troops. Enough quilts,tops and blocks for at least 71 more quilts for them. You ladies are just great. Hugs, Maggie

Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
Great, I have 15 blocks with Chilipeppers in them. I have another friend giving me blocks for this on Wednesday so will ship off to you by Friday.

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2394 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MedeMo:
knot me Chili peppers are great. They would sure add color. Many thanks.
This past week has brought in more tops,finished quilts,blocks and backing and bindings for the challenge. WONDERFUL!!
Chlynn sent in a finished quilt,three tops and 2 pillowcases. Many thanks Chlynn. Ellen sent in three tops from Indiana PatH from New York sent in 2 tops,2 backs,2 bindings and 6 pillowcases plus a check for postage. Many thanks Pat. Ajne send in a ck for postage help als. Many thanks Ann. And Bebbie from Tenn sent in 5 tops and 87 blocks that she did up for Lumpytush from Flordia. Also a ck to help finish and send the quilts. Many many thanks Debbie for pitching in and helping out Patty during this time. WONDERFUL !!! The count has been listed with the others at the top. This challenge is already successful for the troops. Enough quilts,tops and blocks for at least 71 more quilts for them. You ladies are just great. Hugs, Maggie

Glad to hear my package arrived, and was wondering if you are still in need of more blocks after this challenge is over Pat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pch,

Posts: 248 | Location: South Salem,New York | Registered: Jan 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Would someone post the mailing address where the QWL blocks are to be sent. Thank you Smile

Posts: 638 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lumpy Tush
posted Hide Post
I have one more "thing" to send you yet. Will try to get it out tomorrow.
Hugs, Patty FL

Posts: 3094 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lumpy Tush
posted Hide Post
Fleur will PM it to you. don't know if Maggie wants it on the board

Patty FL

Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
Box sent from Oak Creek, Wi... shouldn't take too long
to get to you, Maggie. Smile

Posts: 3151 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fleur55, I received your box today in the mail. WOW!! Your little group has been very busy. 387 beautiful blocks and a check to boot. That will sure help to finish and mail off those terrific quilts. Please tell your group thank you so much for their work,help and support. Maggie

Picture of Lumpy Tush
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to get a panel top done for you but we've had so much running around doing errand that when we get home all we do is take a nap LOL. Oh well you can use them whenever I get them done.

posted Hide Post
Right Patty, we can use them whenever. Just take care of yourself. Love and hugs, Maggie

Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
Just mailed off a box for you Maggie! I hope these are acceptable blocks.

thank you for doing these quilts!

posted Hide Post
Maggie, another box went in the mail today! Talk about just getting it in under the wire! Tracking #9114 9010 7574 2397 0341 05.

Judy

Posts: 406 | Location: Formerly New Hampshire, back home in Maine | Registered: Sep 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I want to finish enough blocks for a quilt, so I'll be sending mine next week. The totals look great, don't they!!!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8430 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are so right Nancy. The totals look FANTASTIC!! Another successful challenge we have had. Don't forget that I am giving the packages and boxes until April 7th to still count in the challenge. If they are mailed by the last day-March31st, they should be here by then.
I will be looking for knot me and trble2'smom boxes. Way to go ladies!!!! Thanks and hugs, Maggie
PS. Adding to the challenge list again also today.

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
l did it! lt took me until just now but l have 2 tops ready to go in the mail in the morning. Thank goodness we still have Saturday postal service! LOL

======================

Posts: 9383 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go Rainbow. I will let you know when it arrives. Maggie

posted Hide Post
knot me your box arrived today. Many many thanks. Yes the blocks will work fine. It was good to hear from you. I didn't realize that was you. I have thought of you often. I miss our little crochet group. Those use to be such fun groups. Ah well, time marches on doesn't it. Take care. Oh, do you ever hear from Uli anymore?
Please tell your group many thanks from QWL and also the troops. They will appreciate them so much. Hugs, Maggie

Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
Oh good. Glad they were all usable. I still crochet but not the swapping much. I saw Uli about 7 yrs ago and talked with her once or twice since then. but have mostly lost contact with most from that group.

posted Hide Post
YEA Rainbow!! Your box arrived today. You did a great job. Many many thanks thanks for helping. I know you understand the meaning these quilts have for the receivers. Love and hugs, Maggie
PS. I will go right now and add Arkansaw to the list above

posted Hide Post
So far we have enough blocks,tops and finished quilts for a total of (when finished up) 106 more quilts to send, FANTASTIC!! SUPER!! WONDERFUL!!! Many Many thanks ladies for you loving support for our troops. And just think-- there is still more to arrive for counting in this challenge. Huge success!!!!! Hugs, Maggie

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Yeaaaaaa, they arrived!
The totals are looking good!

======================

posted Hide Post
trble2'smom your two beautiful finished quilts arrived today. Thank you so much. They are fantastic. You ladies still amaze me with your talented works. It is GREAT!!! I will be adding these to the count. Hugs, Maggie

posted Hide Post
pch, as I was rereading thru the posts today I saw you question about would I be needing more blocks after the challenge. Sorry I missed that before.
Not for a while. These blocks and what I still have will keep us busy. I will post again when we run low and are in need of more. Many many thanks for being so thoughtful to ask. Hugs, Maggie

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Maggie: Sending my 24 blocks for a quilt tomorrow. Sorry I'm getting them in late. These are wild blocks! Will give a s*ldier something else to think about! As in,"what on earth was she thinking!?" Ha! Great challenge! Smile

Posts: 8430 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here's a top I put together with blocks that were donated... Chris

Posts: 5870 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
ummmmmmmm, pretty! Nice soft greens in a sandy land!

maggie: Did you get my wild blocks?

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here's one of the tops I put together with blocks donated... Chris

Posts: 5870 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here's another... Chris