Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  PJ Party Supply List - Oct 25th - Vinyl & Fabric Zippered Pouch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PJ Party Supply List - Oct 25th - Vinyl & Fabric Zippered Pouch Sign In/Join 
Picture of Fleur55
posted
Here is a pic of the project and supply list I signed up to share. The vinyl pouch PJ session will be on Oct. 25th, 5:30 PST (8:30 EST). As you can see any fabric will work. Once you have the technique down you can vary the sizes of the pouches.

Supply List:
2 pieces of fabric 5" x 8"
2 pieces of fabric 1 1/2" x 3"
2 pieces of clear vinyl 4 1/2" x 8" (8,10 or 12 gauge) - I like the 10 gauge it is a med weight
1 all purpose nylon zipper - 12" or longer (we will cut to size)
Thread to match or contrast fabric (will be visible through vinyl
Zipper foot
Teflon foot or regular foot with masking tape on bottom
90/14 sewing machine needles
Small Clover clips, small binder clips or some kind of clip to hold the vinyl(No Pins)
Basic sewing & cutting supplies

***Once you sew on vinyl it is perforated. You might want to buy a little extra for creative changes .
If you have any questions about the supplies, please let me know.

Hugs,Dianne

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fleur55,

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
I will try to be here and with a little digging I do believe I have everything I'll need...it is just hard for me to attend at times because it is my Saturday morning more toward noonish, and the weather is nice so my boys are always dragging me off somewhere.

These look really cute!

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7140 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I want to attend this one but I don't have any vinyl. If I don't get a chance to go by Jo-Ann's before Friday, I'll make mine out of fabric for the class & vinyl later.

Nicki

Posts: 8514 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I think my LQS has the vinyl, but I'll have to check it out Wed. after sewing with Sue and my other sister.

Posts: 8269 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I was just in my Walmart store today & they have vinyl. Not sure of the weight as DH was in a hurry to get in & out. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Nicki

Posts: 8514 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
May I make a suggestion to put the name of the project in the title so that we can quickly find it in the future. Thanks!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Thanks KC for the suggestion Smile

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't you be able to use fabric if you don't have vinyl? You would be able to learn the technique.

Posts: 3318 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can use all fabric. The look would be different and the technique using a Teflon foot would be lost. The rest would be the same.

You could also recycle the vinyl bags that bedding or window treatments comes in.

Hope to see you at the party!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
oh, thats a great idea to recycle the bags!

Posts: 3318 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a great class. I am going home tomorrow so want to join in. I think I have everything on the list.

See you all then.

Mary

Posts: 4080 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..WOW.. thanks for the tip on using the old vinyl bags from curtains, etc .. I HAVE some of those and hate throwing them out.
I just tossed 2 in the dryer with a hand towel for a few minutes to soften them and remove wrinkles... note: a few minutes (Ithought about themicrowave but decided that might be kind of dangerous!!!) and they are perfect and ready to cut .. I'm ready I'm ready.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9146 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I'm ready with my supplies. I didn't have any old plastic bags/curtains, etc. around so I zipped by Walmart & bought up some vinyl that they had. It was $2.18 p/yard & I got 1/2 yard so I would have some to make up as gifts 'cause I think this will be a great project.

Let the party begin...oh, I guess that will be later. Big Grin

Nicki