Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew & Tell 4-12-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew & Tell 4-12-13 Sign In/Join 
posted
Sew & Tell is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you're working on, what you've finished, we'll cheer you on!

Nothing! Not one thing have I done in the sewing room this week, except veg out! I've been such a sloth!

So who is sewing?

Holly

Posts: 2931 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Finished my Pooh crib quilt. It is a pre-made panel which I hand quilted.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2180 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Cute Pooh quilt, bluesnail! Holly, I think we've all had those kind of weeks.

I finished the binding on this one yesterday afternoon so I could share it at our guild meeting. (But the threat of storms made us cancel the meeting, so I had time to vacuum my studio.) This quilt was made from thrift store shirts. I just wanted to try starting with old clothes.

The photo's too small to show detail, but all the tags are included. Although I shopped for color of shirt, I ended up with Alexander Julian Colors, Izod, Duck Head .... One of the shirt pockets is intact, so I could tuck something in there for fun. This will be a keep-in-the-car quilt for impromptu picnics, cooler weather, etc...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeeingStars,

Posts: 3527 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
Must be something in the air up here Holly, I got nothing done either. Love the Poo quilt and the shirt quilt is great. There is always next week.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of asimplelife
posted Hide Post
I've missed this thread for awhile... at any rate here is a pic of my UFO Finish for the week called 9 Patch Novelty which will be donated to Project Linus.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: Apr 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
I've flown home to take care of house remodeling, so there's not a lot of
time right now for sewing... I did make a few gifty items when I first arrived.
It's the Amy Butler Cardholder pattern.

Enjoy Your Sewing!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jessicasews,

Posts: 3147 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lumpy Tush
posted Hide Post
WOW great eye candy. I haven't done any sewing because I have been running so many errands but I did stumble on the fabric I want for the back of the baby quilt then maybe I can get back in gear again.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I did manage to sew a few seams, but that's about it. I was testing a new technique, but it's not working. Frown So it's back to quilting the t-shirts.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9623 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I finished my SIL's quilt and made her a bag to carrie it in. I also did my blocks for the HGTV BOM for April. pictures to follow.
showing what the back looks like. The green print is the same as the red print on the back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Handie Ann,

Handie Ann

Posts: 3442 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
The bag I made for it. Has a pocket on the front and 8 small pockets inside of the bag.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3442 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I made this large Snap Happy bag to hold my counted cross stitch project. My friend did the embroidery for me.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1712 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
loving all the latest projects!
I got a call from my DIL in the Air Force,(Fort Deitrich in Maryland) they are doing a cancer fundraiser, and asked for a bag/tote and some small items to raffle off. So i will be working on this, next week. i have washed the onesies i need to applique, picked out the fabrics..and ready to start the process. which is not really my thing..lol hope to have some pictures to share soon!

Posts: 11810 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love all the quilty things. I started collecting shirts from the thrift stores and really like the one above with cranberry centers. Hope I can remember it.

Posts: 14 | Location: MN | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
I've been working on another little quilt - more stars - this time with a black background and in a single Irish Chain setting. Then quilted the "chains" with gold Sliver Metallic thread to add a bit of bling.

Martha

Posts: 6991 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3527 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Great projects everyone.

Oh, Bozie, a different look using the black. Its gorgeous.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6218 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
I love all the projects everybody has been working on. Sure makes me feel like a slug. Been having back problems and other than going to the chiropractor I haven't done anything. I think about it a lot and look at everything spread out on the dinning room table, but just can't stand or bend over the table to do anything and can't sit at the sewing machine for more than a few minutes. Hoping to get with it soon, I'm so far behind it isn't funny.

Posts: 1678 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sandy O !
posted Hide Post
I'll help, will bring something on Wed.

Posts: 1259 | Location: wyandotte, mi. usa | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seeing Stars- I love your shirt quilt! I have a pile of men's shirts I bought at thrift store last summer, so I might have to move it up on my "to-do" list after I saw your beautiful quilt!

Posts: 1636 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sandy O! i am going to make a couple mug rugs too!

Posts: 11810 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I have quilted 7 quilts of valor this week. I did 2 on Monday, one each day there after. I have 6 more to do so I will start binding as I quilt the rest of them next week.

Love all the projects so far this week. Bozie as always your minis just blows my socks off.

I have a large plastic bin of cut up thrift store shirts. that picture sure makes me want to pull them all out and start sewing.

Thank you Holly for this thread each week. It is my favorite thread.

Handie how big is that bag? I love it.
The cross stitch bag is so cute also. I have done some cross stitching in the last few months. I have stitched all the Mill Hill series that just came out which is the three wise men, mary joseph and The Baby in the manger.

Posts: 3604 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Bozie, another amazing mini. Bet the Alz. group really appreciate your donations. Everyone one of them is special and beautiful.
Loving all the projects again this week. I don't have anything special to show. Sue and I made some luggage tags for our upcoming cruise, but we need to make some more so there are enough for all the suitcases we will be taking with us. DH, Sister Sue and me are going crusing can hardly wait.

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Great eye candy!

I'm still hand quilting...that sprained ankle 5 weeks ago really put me behind my self-imposed scheduled. But I'm slowly plodding away!

Posts: 16493 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TeaSea
posted Hide Post
Here is a baby blanket I did

Posts: 1347 | Location: NC Iowa | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally had some time yesterday to make something for myself. I found this paw print material at the quilt shop a couple of weeks ago not knowing what I was going to do with it. I decided to make placemats for my round table. I love bright colors and it's so hard to find placemats for the round tables in the store. My grandson is going to love them, My little Schnauzer Butch, and my grandson are pretty good buddies. My kitchen/dining room remodel is complete now and I love the new space!

Happy Stitch'n

~mn_lady_us~

Quilting - Machine Embroidery-Painting - Crafts

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/mn_lady_us/

Posts: 1110 | Location: God's Country | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow I have a group of quilting friends coming over to make these iron totes. Got the super easy pattern from a blog:
http://api.ning.com/files/aJyb...YG/IronCaddyTote.pdf

I changed the corners to soft curves to make the binding easier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EvelynB,

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I made these pincushions as take-home gifts for the quilters tomorrow. I bought the pattern at the quilt show last week but it was a prime example of a badly written pattern! I changed it and got my money out of it by using it ten times. LOL

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Need quick baby quilt so decided it was time to use some of the ABC swap fabrics from SewLove2Quilt. Sure makes a fun quilt for little ones. Got another to make and think I'll use this same shadow technique.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Oops! Looks like I posted on the wrong week. Sorry about that.

Picture of kmouse
posted Hide Post
OH !
Evelyn B Those are so ADORABLE !!!
Awesome job !

"It is not our Abilities that show what we truly are but our choices."

"Live Well , Laugh Often , Love Much "

Posts: 1078 | Location: Beautiful Pacific NW | Registered: Dec 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kmouse
posted Hide Post
Hit post without finishing LOL !
Love all the projects
You all are so inspiring !!
Thank you for sharing !

"It is not our Abilities that show what we truly are but our choices."

"Live Well , Laugh Often , Love Much "

Posts: 1078 | Location: Beautiful Pacific NW | Registered: Dec 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
All great projects. Kudos to each of you sewing bees!
amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
great projects ladies!

Evelyn B,love the iron tote and that baby quilt is just too precious Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post