Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  A new twist on String quilts!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new twist on String quilts! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Nickilee
posted
Saw this and thought ya'll might like to see a new twist on making those string blocks... what a great look!

http://narcolepticinacupboard.....ie/p/blog-page.html

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - Holidays laces and more! are ready! 11/2013

Posts: 10242 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Very great way to make that block!

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I have one with the blocks like that that was a BOM from Craftys. Now, if I get the time to sew them all together to actually get a quilt. I did mine with black stars and love it so far.

Posts: 3227 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I might even be able to follow those instructions! Thank goodness there are pictures. Whew...

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8384 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cr8tve, beautiful quilt. The black really works well.

Posts: 6720 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Love this! Jackie.. LOVE that black background!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25637 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Angie in NH
posted Hide Post
I've had one I'm doing in just shades of blue with the white center. Very pretty. Not that hard

Angie

Posts: 369 | Registered: Oct 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! I've always wanted to make one. I'm not good at making the patterns though. So what's one to do??

Pam

Posts: 5693 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrs-c
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2973 | Location: Queen city | Registered: Oct 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
This pattern is available on Bonnie Hunters Quiltville blog under the Free patterns tab at the top of the page. There's a great tutorial there.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5693 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
Missouri Star Quilt Co. also sells the papers.
Makes it so easy, no drawing.
They even have the little template to cut your star fabs.
Ask me how I know.....Wave

I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says: "Oh NO! She's UP!"

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Apr 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post