Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Here's my Doll quilt for Mrs. Claus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's my Doll quilt for Mrs. Claus Sign In/Join 
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted
I can't find the original thread so I decided to post my doll quilt here. It's going out in the mail tomorrow!

Posts: 4992 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Very nice... Chris

Posts: 6053 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really cute it will be well loved

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 760 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is so cute Jill....just lovely.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10064 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh that is a lovely doll quilt. I saw it on the June Stashbusters before the binding. Wow, that lime green binding really gives it that extra punch. I love this quilt & it will make a sweet girl happy. Thanks so much for making it & representing Texas. You've made us Texans proud! Wave

Nicki

Posts: 8136 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 2989 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Pls. Tell us the name of the wonderful pattern. Thx!

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1932 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I found the quilt on this blog:

http://theyarnarian.blogspot.c...2/04/doll-quilt.html

She references the pattern Anchors-a-Swirl in Evelyn Sloppy's book 40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts.

I didn't use the pattern though. I just sewed three strips together, cut them into squares and then used them to make the half square triangles. I started out using equal strips, but toward the end, i experimented with making the center strip a little more narrow.

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Cute quilt, Jill. I've got to get mine done...maybe even started. Are they due Sept 1?

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2204 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13289 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Very cute...isn't fun to experiment & try some ideas out on a small project? Wink

~karen Wave

Posts: 3191 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Very cute quilt! A little girl is going to be very happy!

Posts: 740 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L.L.
posted Hide Post
this is such a cute quilt project!! Love it!

Posts: 2312 | Location: Alberta, Canada!!  | Registered: Mar 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Really cute Jill!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8928 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
That's adorable Jill! I've got to get mine done also!

PamSmile

Posts: 5800 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe they are due on September 1. Nice to have it on it's way!

I did have fun playing with it. I did have a few stressful times, but I learned as I went!

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Y'all are correct. Sept. 1 is the deadline. I think this will give Debbie plenty of time to get a good count on how many more she will need before Christmas if we all send ours in by Sept. 1. This being said, if you don't have yours in by Sept. 1 and still want to send one, please, please, please go ahead and send them in after Sept. 1. It is NEVER too late to send one (or more) to Debbie.

Nicki

Posts: 8136 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
WQFC - some lucky little girl is going to love it! Nice job.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilting wifey
posted Hide Post
That's a nice quilt, Jill. I will have to go check out the blog directions.

Madelyn

Posts: 6148 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Jan 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Cute pattern!

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3146 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawana
posted Hide Post
Very nice doll quilt.

Shawn

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

~ Live Well ~ Love Much ~ Laugh Often ~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srtrn/sets/

Posts: 3564 | Location: WV | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LoveHobbyCraft - I'm not sure I understand your question, but yes, I did use scraps for the striped parts. I sewed three strips together and paired them with squares of white fabric. Then I sewed them into the half square triangles. I tried to start with a larger square and trim them down to size.

Hope that helps!

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
When I look at it I see kites. Now that you have explained how you made them I still see kites!

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
That's a happy little quilt. Reminds me of bows on little girls' pigtails. Smile

Martha

Posts: 7085 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful doll quilt! I love the spots of color in with the white. You do such nice work, WQFC!!

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
lovehobbycraft, I don't think I've seen you here before. Welcome to the boards! Wave This is a great board & if you are a quilter (new or old) you will learn a lot from some really talented quilters here. Post often so we can get to know you.

Nicki