Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  • 4th Annual Barn Quilt Design Contest
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

• 4th Annual Barn Quilt Design Contest Sign In/Join 
Picture of jayardi
posted
● ● ● Accuquilt has chosen the top 100 designs for this year's contest.
Guess who made the cut? Big Grin

This is the first time I finally remembered to send in an entry.
What a surprise to get an e-mail stating I'm a Top Finalist. Whoo-hoooo!

Voting runs through the 17th. You can choose five blocks. I hope you will vote for mine, but it's not necessary. You might be surprised it's not one of the black & white ones. Wink Be sure to check it out.

Oops, almost forgot the link.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jayardi,

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9613 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Congrats Smile so happy for you and what a beautiful block, you have my vote

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 695 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2671 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Jean this is great, block is terrific!

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I'll check it out tomorrow. Next time, maybe you'll come up with a ladybug block!Big Grin!

Posts: 5023 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know. Voted, now to wait for the results. Sure wish I was more patient. LOL

Posts: 2564 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I could honestly vote for your blockSmile Best of luck!!

Posts: 306 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I could pull sour grapes on you 'cuz I didn't make it to the top submissions. But I won't. lollll

It was kinda fun sending something in, wasn't it?

I didn't vote yet so I will now and you know who I'll be voting for. Nice, nice block.

Posts: 5887 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Well, Well... you go girl!

Rondi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Yours is beautiful and the others were amazing too. You have my vote.

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Sorry Paus, but if it makes you feel any better, I did send in two and only one made it. Roll Eyes

I was a bit surprised by some of the entries though. First, some look like multiple blocks and others looked very familiar and these were all suppose to be originals.

I do appreciate any and all votes. Thank you

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9613 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
What is the connection with barn quilts? Is there an additional part to this contest beyond voting for some blocks as I have an interest in barn quilts?

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
It seems, Accu-Quilt has a barn somewhere around Omaha on which they paint a quilt. They get the design from subscribers to their site. A contest is held for the choosing and the winning designer gets some nice prizes.

http://www.accuquilt.com/barnq...paign=consumeremails

jayardi, I was a tad confused but you know that's my normal state. I wasn't sure if they wanted 'a' block or a 'composition of blocks' that equaled the sizes they specified. I just sent an 18" block pattern. It looks as if yours was done the same way.

Interesting that you mentioned some of the blocks being familiar. They may have been a known block where someone just changed something in it...that does make it theirs. Right? I know yours is original, and I know mine was and that's what counts.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

Posts: 5887 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
OK, I voted!!

Posts: 4364 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I found on their web site that they have had this contest for a few years. Quilt blocks on barns are so pretty.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
You got my vote Jean. They were very pretty. It was a hard call.

J Lu

Posts: 932 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That was fun.

Posts: 14 | Location: MN | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted. Difficult choice to make. Good luck Jean. Sue

Posts: 1484 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Voted! you got mine Jean. Smile

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Jean, there were some really nice blocks there, but I liked the construction of yours. Good Luck. I voted. Pat

Posts: 7824 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Well, how could I NOT vote for yours since I love flutterbys so much & yours is so pretty. I hope you win.

Nicki

Posts: 7914 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Hey, Jean---I haven't voted yet, but I love your block and will love voting for it!!! You just have soooo much talent !!!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1014 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
voted

Posts: 2943 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post