Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walker Bag Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted
I'm on vacation and visited my dear departed mom's best friend. She has a walker now. Saw a pattern for this bag at my next stop and my friend has a sewing machine so made this. There is Velcro on the back. She made notecards and a notebook to go in it.

Finished binding it today and will see her again Monday before I fly out.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I meant to post this on Sew and Tell - drat! Haven't mastered editing yet. Here is a view opened up.
The recipient's name is Isabelle and the stash used (from my friend's stash) is a line called Isabella. My friend's mom (gone too), Isabelle, and my mom were the best of friends since 1950 so we feel like our moms would approve.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Very cute. I'm sure she will treasure it!

Posts: 769 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Oh I like the double side pockets. Haven't seen one like that before. Great, bright fabric.

Posts: 8159 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm sure your moms are smiling and your mom's friend will love and appreciate it.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9591 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
That's a terrific walker bag. I know she is going to love it. The colors are perfect...bright & cheery!

Nicki

Posts: 8402 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Nice walker bag. She will get lots of compliments on it that usually leads to conversations which is also a side benefit. Great job.

Posts: 8174 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
Your lovely bag made me go make my husband a new one for his walker. I'm getting him another walker he can leave on the front porch. The bag for this one will be smaller and hold his sunglasses.

CC

Posts: 4685 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Figures the one thing I finished this month was not planned. She loved it. There were two big pockets in the front and three in the back and I wrapped stuff to put in each. She said it was like Christmas.

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Love the idea of pockets on both sides. Hopefully I will remember - need to make my mother another.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post