Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Scary MugRug Swap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scary MugRug Swap Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mine went in the mail today. They estimate that it will land in Mandylifeboats mail box on Saturday.

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Hey, Patsy--got yours today and like it alot--love having it two sided---mine went out to you today--didn't turn out exactly how I thought it would, but hope you like it and it doesn't scare you too much !! LOL

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1041 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
rondiquilts! you are amazing, the writing on this mugrug is unique. what kind of pen/marker did u use? love this mugrug, it's a keeper

Posts: 4994 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here is a close-up of the writing. love it.

Posts: 4994 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
That's such a cute mug rug. Who-da ever thought to do something like that? Well, I guess rondiquilts has a great imagination. Well done!!!

Nicki

Posts: 8172 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Mandy: That is adorable. I would like to see it.

Posts: 185 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Lovely, what a great idea

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 761 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I plan to sew mugrugs tomorrow, I'm off work, but have a class at 2 pm.
jbeanier: are you a Halloween person or a fall/autumn person? I have some neat glow in the dark fab

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3620 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Jan,
Just to let you know I received your really sweet doublesided mug rug in todays mail. And an extra little surprise I think you would call it a fairy angel. Thank you so much.
Again I will have to wait until my daughter comes to post the photo.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rondi, i am working on yours. will get that out to you soon.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Aliquilts, your mugrug was posted today here's the tracking number USPS Tracking™
9405 5036 9930 0100 6201 45

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 761 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Hey Roz I'm so glad to hear they made it safe. The Dotee doll was a gift to you from another swap I'm in. I had never made them before. I hope you like her.

J Lu

Posts: 1031 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Thanks Catwmn27! I love it, too cute!

BetsyLu65 Wink

Candy Apples

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love what I have seen so far. I came so very close to doing the candy apples too. I love candy apples. Especially the gourmet ones! Dripping in all kinds of chocolates and caramels, rolled in candies and nuts of all kinds...

Glad you liked the tea cup Susan. I can't take total credit. I went to the quilt show in Jacksonville last month. There was a display of quilts that were gifts to "guild presidents". This they were mostly "theme" quilts and had rows of blocks that were similar... This ine lovely quilt was all tea cups on white back grounds and the "steam" coming from the cup was the members name, etc. It was beautifully executed, really nice. Thats where the idea came from...
The white pen I used is not a fabric pen. I tested it before I wrote on the black with it. After pressing it with a hot iron I couldn't get it to wash out. Hope it stays permanent for you... Glad you like it.

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though I haven't participated in these mugrug swaps, I love to see the finished products for inspiration. I love them all, but thought the one by rondiquilts was a real hit. I know, you got your inspiration from another quilt, but....don't we all??!! My question is about the pen. You said it was a white pen - any particular brand? I could see this idea used for a variety of holidays. I love the idea of the date included in the "steam."
Thanks,
Susan

Posts: 725 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm at work but will look at the pen when I'm at home and get back with you.
I went and looked through my photos I took at the show in Jacksonville, I thought for sure I had a photo of the quilt I referenced too in the earlier post but don't. I thought for certain I had a photo of it.
Thank you for the compliments.

Rondi

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Aliquilts, per priority mail email notification you should have received your mugrug Saturday please let me know if that didn't happen so I can follow up with the post office.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
DJBrown .. it's on the way - sh ould be there thursday ... I have a tracking number.. stuck in a little som ething I hope you'll like. Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9117 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Jan, I tried to send you a PM but it bounced back at me. Have been tied up this week with my very unwell elderly (90 year old) Dad. I have been staying with him this past week. Anyhow I hope to get your parcel posted by the end of the week. My humble apologies for the delay.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applik
posted Hide Post
I will be mailing today or tomorrow. My car has been in the shop so I have been carpooling with DH

Posts: 1272 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...my mugrug arrived yesterdays mail from DJBROWN and it wonderful ... I'm sorry I can't get picture right now - left shoulder been blown for about 10 days now and just getting where I can feed myself and hit the up or down key at the same time .. picture to follow when I get someone to do it for me ...

Heres the Halloween side .. so cute ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: City/Sandie,

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9117 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Roz, I actually have been away myself and I forgot about your rug.LOL! Not to worry I will be on the look out. Thanks for your attention to detail.

Hugs

J Lu

Posts: 1031 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..this is teh fall side of the mugrug fron DJBrown .. so pretty - and beautifully stitched ... thank you so much for this really pretty mugrug ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Patsy--please don't tell me the spider wasn't on it when you got it~!!!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applik
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine today. BTW it is National Candy Corn Day!

Posts: 1272 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
great projects everyone.

I"m checking in --- the mugrug is done except for the top stitching. I have been working a lot of OT, early morning, late nights. I was there until 10 pm on Monday. I actually thought abt sleeping at the office. So, w/ all that, not time to sew. I'm out of town Friday and Saturday. Hope to finish on Sunday and mail early next week.

--michele/motqltr

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3620 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Ardy here is a better picture. used a different camera.

Posts: 3491 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awww, that is a cute one.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
isn't tho, Ardy is so creative. I just love it.

patsy

Posts: 3491 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Whew!!! I thought maybe that little guy had just run off and hid!! LOL---Thanks, Patsy

posted Hide Post
Love what is being received. All are so cute and creative.

Rondi

posted Hide Post
working on yours this weekend rondi, sorry for delay.

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of the great scary mug rug i recieved from J.Lu.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
another picture of my scary mug rug that i recieved from J.Lu

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Thank you J.Lu for the special gifts you also sent me.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really cute

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Received this wonderful Pumpkin from Cuilteanna. Plus a great FQ of Celtic fabrics.
THANK YOU! And had it out for Halloween!

PS. - Thanks also for the cancelled stamps. Looking forward to adding them to my collection...

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 481 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Applik got your package yesterday, I love the candy corn mug rug, that's the best Halloween candy.lol I will try to post a picture next week. Your package will be in the mail Monday.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1493 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Jan, wonderful news I have been home this weekend and have packed up your parcel finally. Will get it in the post tomorrow all going well. Thanks so much for your patience.
PS. Sorry the second photo did not appear on my last post don't know what happened there !!!!!

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Hi Ladies, I haven't seen any post from Aliquilt since the sign-up and she hasn't responded to my PM so I hope everything is OK. It should be safe to post a picture of the reversible mugrug I sent her since she received it on 10/26.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Hey Roz, I will be lookin for it. I'm glad you like yours. It was really quite cute.

J Lu

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Received this darling mugrug from Aliquilt yesterday and a surprise bonus mugrug for the holidays both are really appreciated thank you so much for the beautiful work.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I finally mailed yesterday; I rec'd from jbeanier the day before I mailed. Have a pic will have to post later. It's great, I love it.
All the 'rugs are pretty, I love the variety. We are all so creative.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motqltr,

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Rozhearts, I received my rug and my little extra gifts. Thank you so much I'm going to hang the key chain on my tree I collect ornaments from around the world this will be so special. I just love them all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J Lu,

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Here's the other side

J Lu

Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
motqltr,

I rec'd the scary mug rug! Thank you so much!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my mugrug from Sue,(mandylifeboats) it is so nice! A perfect pumpkin appliqued, pretty fall , warm colors.
She also included a nice handmade holiday gift bag with an angel on it. So nice!
Very happy with this first mugrug swap. Will definately participate again!
Thank you Sue!
(I will try and get a photo posted here to share with you all.)

Love seeing what everyone has sent and received.

Rondi