Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Scary MugRug Swap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scary MugRug Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
It's scary that I forgot to post this month's mugrug swap. what is a mugrug? a mugrug is bigger than a coaster, much smaller than a placemat, big enough for a cup and a treat. here are some links to get u started. lots of tutorials if u scroll on down. mine usually measure 6 x 9", give or take.

Come join the fun! beginner quilters welcome!

www.twomoreseconds.com/p/mug-rug-madness.html
http://pinterest.com/wandans/mug-rugs-luv-em/

here are the details:

THEME: ~Halloween/Autumn~ you choose

MAIL BY: November 2
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: One. I will pair you with a partner.

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.

Smile - will swap internationally
1. mandylifeboats
2. KaylaQuilts Smile
3. rozhearts Smile
4. motqltr
5. Catwmn27
6. pegsami
7. applik
8. City/Sandie Smile
9. PatV82 Smile
10. SueB
11. Aliquilt Smile
12. J Lu Smile
13. BetsyLu65
14. jbeanier
15. califgal
16. rondiquilts Smile
17. DJBrown
18. cuilteanna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 4977 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun, I'm in and have no problem shipping internationally. Wave

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 760 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Mandy: I didn't forget!!! I'm in

Posts: 185 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm in, think I'm back on schedule.
I prefer Autumn

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3618 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Hi--please sign me up for this one---sounds like fun !!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1034 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for this one as well please.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Im in!

But I don't know about this title -
Scary Deadlines?
Scary stitches and can't find my seam ripper
Scary that everyone on this board is so awesome!!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 474 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... me too ... this is such a fun project ..it gets me thinking about what would be fun for some one else - and Ireallyenjoy getting them.
I am OK with INT shipping and I love newbie NEWBIES ..
SO NEWBIES IF YOU ARE AFRAID TO JUMP IN, DON'T BE .. WE ARE NOT MAKING MUSEUM PROJECTS .. WE ARE MAKING FUN THINGS TO SEND IN AN ENVELOPE ..NO NEED TO CREEP UP - JUST JUMP RIGHT IN AND JOIN US .. IT'S FUN.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9105 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
I'm in again!

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applik
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1272 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
me please

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1488 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'm in and ill do internationally.

J Lu

Posts: 1011 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in! Either one will be fine with me .. and I don't mind internation shipping.

Posts: 837 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Will swap internationally as well. Not too many Aussies on here!!!!!!!

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
I would like to do this one too

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
......TTT ........... Boooooooo

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9105 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
sign me up for this one

Posts: 3484 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
need one more swapper to make the teams even! come join the fun.

Posts: 4977 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...If no one else joins up... I can do 2 ...
it would be fun if someone lese did ,,, a newbie would be good Smile

Wounded Warrior Project

posted Hide Post
Sign me up! Be gentle with me tho, never done one of these before....

Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
I need a reason to get in that room and sew. I think I can handle this. But one question, can I send early, if I don't get to it right away I tend to forget. :-).

International shipping is fine with me.

Posts: 987 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Mine is all finished - just waiting for a "Who?" to send it to.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 474 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... I can't quite tell if you need another extra or not. But *if* you do, sign me up!

Posts: 990 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
wow, Pat is already done, I haven't even gone to the "scarey" basement. I have a plant though. Football this Saturday, might not be able to start until next week.
I've been working a lot of overtime, so pretty exhausted at night.

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3618 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..come on ladies .... this one will be so much fun ..and the options are broad!

Wounded Warrior Project

posted Hide Post
DJBrown, you can mail anytime u are ready. will post swap partner address this weekend. make sure you private me with your address. thanks!

posted Hide Post
an even number - 18 swappers! yes. sign-ups closed.

posted Hide Post
I sent you a PM with my information.

Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
PM sent... Now to dig in the stash!

Posts: 987 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
addresses have gone out, check private messages

posted Hide Post
No stress here! First time out and I'm paired with the "teacher"! I feel like I'm the student at the front of the class with her desk parked right beside the teacher.... Hope I make her proud!

Wonder if the teacher wants a Halloween theme or Fall theme mug rug?

Rondi

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt so happy to be your swap buddy DH and I are getting ready to leave on a cruise where I'll be working on your mugrug. I have all the pieces cut and in my travel sewing kit ready to go. I plan on mailing it to you on our return.

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 760 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the teacher loves halloween, but either is fine.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
TTT Wink

Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Catwmn27 yours is in the mail. Smile

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I keep changing my mind. Will try to work on this over the weekend

Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
OMG

OMG BetsyLu: Haven't even thought about it yet. Do you prefer Halloween or fall?

Posts: 185 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
I'm good with either. It's my favorite season and my favorite holiday, lol.

BetsyLu65 Wink

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Just mailed mine off to Cuilteanna. They did not give me a time frame so hopefully this isn't a Christmas mugrug...

Smiles & Stitches

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ok Rozhearts your rug is on its way. I had a great time with this one. I sent you a little treat since it is Halloween.

J Lu

Posts: 1011 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Ardy mailing your mugrug today. hope u like and enjoy it.

patsy

Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Patsy--Yours is "almost" done--hopefully before the end of this week it will be in the mail !! I just have to find 2 red sequins--LOL

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1034 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Ardy I didn't realize the P.O. was closed today so I will mail Mugrug on Wednesday.

Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatV82:
Just mailed mine off to Cuilteanna. They did not give me a time frame so hopefully this isn't a Christmas mugrug...

No, it's definitely a Halloween one!

This morning I packed up my finished mugrug and headed off to the local post office. When I got back, I found this! Not bad for going across the ocean, LOL! Unfortunately things don't go in the other direction as quickly.

It's really cute Pat, and is sitting here with my late-morning coffee on it right now! Thank you!!

Posts: 990 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked it and in time for Halloween. I so wanted to do embellishments but remembered it was a mugrug not a wallhanging. :}

Hope we all get to enjoy Autumn weather, already dipping down below 40 some mornings.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Jan, so looking forward to receiving your parcel. I have almost finished my mug rug for you and will get it posted soon.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Ok there Mate can't wait to see it

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Mine is finished. I will put it in the mail tomorrow.
This is the first time I have made a mug-rug. I was so tickled with how it turned out and what a quick project it was that I made 2 more while I had all my stuff still spread out. Made one for a friend and one for my daughter to use at work.
May have to try this again sometime.

Rondi

Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
BetsyLu: received my mugrug. So PRETTY!
Will try to post picture. I have about 10 minutes of work left on yours so it will be in the mail this week. Thanks again the the lovely mugrug.

Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Glad you like it, I was kinda worried with that shred technique going on. Smile

BetsyLu65 Wink