Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  No more Quilt Magazine ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more Quilt Magazine ... Sign In/Join 
posted
I mailed my check for a 2 year Renewal to Harris Publication Sep. 3, for Quilt magazine. Today I got my check back with a brief note that they are not accepting Renewals as Oct.2013 is their last Issue,it has ceased publication. Boo Hoo Frown that is one of my fav's.

I just picked a copy of Quilts and More,Fall 2013 and I think it will be my last. It is just not the magazine it once was.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10185 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
WOW, I have gotten that for years. It is my favorite from way before I started quilting that I got in the grocery store. Also buy any back issues I see at quilt shows. If I get them all in one place, I probably have multiple copies of any issue. It is one magazine I hold onto and don't pass along. Just went and got my Oct/Nov magazine and my subscription expires J/J15. Wonder if I will get a different magazine to finish out my subscription? That happened to me with another magazine that closed up... Chris

Posts: 6306 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
THAT'S my favorite. I thought they were doing so great. And I liked their Simple Quilt version too. Oh no

Posts: 9627 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cksvett...I'd call them,my note gives this phone # for questions,212-462-9525 or email: subscriptions@harris.pub.com

I will miss this magazine. Quilters World has gone to quarterly publications also,hope its not next.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10185 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out that way for you. When Miniature Quilts went out of business due to bankruptcy, they accepted renewals, cashed the checks & just stopped sending the magazine!

Posts: 4719 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I've had that happen with several favorite magazines. Family Circle wasn't a good replacement for Victoria! But now Victoria's back, so I'm happy.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 9036 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Thanks TcMay for the information . Will probably email them... Chris

Posts: 6306 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are welcome.

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I just renewed it in May for two more years...how sad.

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I sent an email note last night to the email address above and it came back. So, I went on the website and got this one. Here is my reply:

Kathleen,

Yes, Quilt magazine has been discontinued; the refund for the remaining balance of the subscription will arrive shortly.

Thank You,

Harris Publications Subscriptions & Backissues Dept.

1115 Broadway, New York, NY 10010

ph. 212-462-9525

fax. 212-989-9504

subscriptions@harris-pub.com

backissues@harris-pub.com

So, if you have a subscription, you might want to touch base with them.

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BonnieN
posted Hide Post
I loved this magazine also, I called another number first to see about my remaining issues, I was told it will relaunch next year! That is all I was told, but I also was referred to that number posted above and they automatically are sending refunds, mine will be here in a couple of weeks he said. I surely give them credit for not giving us a substitute as other have done.
so meanwhile,there is hope to see it again! I LOVED Simple Quilts also. thank you for posting this!

Posts: 2802 | Location:  | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the new magazine will be??? Thanks KC for the update...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TcMay,

May
"In Michigan"

posted Hide Post
I like the magazine, "Quilting Quickly" but haven't been able to find it on the newstands as yet. It was supposed to be out on Oct. 7th. There is no subscription so I have to watch for it. I really like it as it uses pre-cuts.

Quiltmaker

Posts: 1179 | Registered: Mar 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
A couple of times I found "Quilting and Machine Embroidery" but that might have been a semi-annual magazine. I liked that very much.

Posts: 9627 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BonnieN
posted Hide Post
Quilting Quickly is from Jenny Doan, missouri Star Quilt Co, here it is on their website
http://www.missouriquiltco.com...-bookazine-fall-2013
I was at the store yesterday where they seem to have the very best selection,, none at all, but thanks for telling us, I will keep looking, I have all of them. Just a thought, Quilty is a similar title by Mary Fons, any chance that is the one you are looking for?

have to wonder if Quilt magazine is being picked up by another publisher?

Sunday..I have looked in several good places, it is not out yet in m yarea either,perhaps they had a delay in shipping. It is on the Fons and Porter site also..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BonnieN,

Posts: 2802 | Location:  | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I got a refund check today from Harris Publications...

posted Hide Post
Great KC....maybe they will let us old subscribers know when their new magazine is out.

May
"In Michigan"