Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  OT Thoughts and Prayers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT Thoughts and Prayers Sign In/Join 
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted
Not sure how many of you know but Sunday we lost 19 out of a team of 20 Hot Shot fire fighters trying to control the Yarnell wildfire. It is with great sadness that thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of all first responders.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KaylaQuilts,

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 695 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Mine, too. How horrific for that small town to lose so many highly qualified good people in one fell swoop!

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
So young, and so sad. Praying for everyone.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Extremely sad. Very upsetting to see the news. The families are definitely in my prayers.

Posts: 16466 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
prayers are being said here also.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
It is such a shame! I listened to the reports all day yesterday. A couple of the men were from here in SoCal.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7384 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers are going out to the families. I noticed on the news last night that 2 were barely in their 20's, and another has 4 children under 6. What a tragedy for the town to lose so many special people.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends.

Posts: 5172 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
T's and P's going up. I'm so sorry for your loss of so many. A sad,sad, time.

Pam

Posts: 5693 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
This dreadful mishap was reported in our news media. Shocking news ... the fire-fighters do such a wonderful job. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 305 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PawstoEnjoy
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers to the families of thee 19 True American Heroes ....RIP

Posts: 311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I have been praying for the families ever since I heard about the loss of these firefighters.

Nicki

Posts: 7913 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post