Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  **UPDATED** CLASS LIST COF '13
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**UPDATED** CLASS LIST COF '13 Sign In/Join 
Picture of quiltslots
posted
Okay gals, Here goes...
This is the list of classes, times, instructors and students. I have spent a great deal of time on this and hope that there are no mistakes. If there are, please PM me. You gave me a wish list of your 1st thru 4th choices. I was able to give every one their 1st choice and most of you your second choice. After that it became a bit of a challenge.
Each instructor will be in touch with you within the next week, please be patient, do not PM them. They will be in touch with a supply list, if there is a kit charge and what notions you will need for your class.

Friday 10am-11:55 am
#6 PAPER PIECING Instructor-lakequilter
1. AuntieJo
2. headilamar
3. tisme
4. Big Sister
5. lindaj52
6. sprmom

#14 FINISHING YOUR QUILT WITH QUILTSMART Instructor-Quiltslots
1. cksvett
2. sewlove2quilt
3. AuntieReba
4. fishingwidow
5. 3grandkids
6. Aliquilt
7. HotPotterMama
8. motqltr
9. musiclady
10. EBGQ
11. Jane_Kiwi
12. quiltedmagnolia
13. muggomuggo
14. chanlady
15. needlecrazy

#5 HAND QUILTING
Instructors-DJBrown and McPatches
1. Terrimae
2. iluv2quilttoo
3. Elainetoo
4. angelinamor
5. LisaP8
6. GaQuilter
7. Cre8tiv1
8. akateddylady

#9 TWILLING Instructor-Ambher
1. missmommy
2. royalbloomer
3. ChesapeakeJane
4. fleur55
5. gemsq
6. amiko
7. KBlue

Friday 4pm-6pm

#8 MINI Instructor-Sewlove2quilt

1. EBGQ
2. califgirl
3. quiltedmagnolia
4. Jane_Kiwi
5. ambher
6. muggomuggo
7. cre8tive1
8. LisaP8
9. AngelaC
10. aliquilt
11. akaTeddyLady
12. AuntieReba
13. KBlue
15. ChesapeakeJane
16. missmommy

#4 FREE MOTION QUILTING Instructor-Jayardi
1. Fleur55
2. 3grandkids
3. amiko
4. PatriciaAnne
5. HotPotterMama
6. LisaP8
7. Lindaj52
8. Royalbloomer
9. MountainLaurel
10. musiclady
11. Elainetoo

#13 CROCHETED FRILLY SCARF
Instructor-Big Sister
1. angelinamor
2. lakequilter
3. chanlady22
4. fishingwidow
5. headielamar
6. charmingsister

#7 PIN DOLL Instructor-Needlecrazy
1. motqltr
2. tisme
3. sprmom
4. AuntieJo
5. gemsq
6. cksvett

SATURDAY 8:30am-10:25 am

#1 ARCS, CURVES AND CIRCLES Instructor-TeaSea
1. GAQuilter
2. WarmBuns
3. quiltedmagnolia
4. Quiltslots
5. missmommy
6. aliquilt
7. Jane_Kiwi
8. DJBrown

#2A TILE QUILTING Instructor-Fleur55
1. Charmingsister
2. amiko
3. akaTeddyLady
4. Ambher
5. cr8tiv1
6. GAQuilter
7. terrimae
8. AuntieJo
9. Elainetoo
10. fishingwidow
11. royalbloomer
12. muggomuggo
13. ChesapeakeJane
14. mcpatches
15. AngelaC
16. KBlue

#12 FELT, BEAD AND ZIPPER PIN
Instructor-MountainLaurel
1. gemsq
2. Big Sister
3. Lindaj52
4. EBGQ
5. sewlove2quilt
6. anglinamor

#3 HAND APPLIQUE Instructor-Rondiquilts
1. headilamar
2. sprmom
3. califgal
4. HotPotterMama
5. motqltr
6. chanlady22
7. cksvett
8. 3grandkids
9. PatriciaAnn

SUNDAY 8:30am-10:30am

#2B TILE QUILTING Instructor-Fleur55
1. MountainLaurel
2. aliquilt
3. LisaP8
4. musiclady
5. missmommy
6. AuntieReba
7. KBlue
8. ChesapeakeJane
9. cksvett
10. angelinamor
11. HotPotterMama

#10 MINI LANDSCAPE Instructor-Gonesewin
1. tisme
2. lakequilter
3. AngelaC
4. Jane_Kiwi
5. KBlue
6. muggomuggo
7. EBGQ
8. sewlove2quilt
9. PatriciaAnne
10. alaTeddyLady
11. Iluv2quilttoo
12. mcpatches
13. quiltedmagnolia
14. Charmingsister
15. AuntiJo
16. sprmom
17. Kiwi_Sue
18. cr8tive1
19. Lindaj52

#11 ENGLISH PAPER PIECING Instructor-Big Sister
1. amiko
2. terrimae
3. GAQuilter
4. royalbloomer
5. Elainetoo

#15 WAXED LINEN THIMBLE NECKLACE
Instructor-Quiltslots
1. DJBrown
2. ChesapeakeJane
3. gemsq
4. headilamar
5. ambher
6. fishingwidow

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltslots,

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
GREAT job!! Thanks for posting this.

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
sent a PM - seem to have me in wrong class

Posts: 5669 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Sending a PM

Posts: 3287 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Me too. Sending a PM.

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM.

Posts: 483 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
What a lot of work. Thank you!

Posts: 634 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I'll send a pm as I'm in the wrong class.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Sending a PM

Posts: 4575 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
The list has been updated. If anyone sees a mistake, please know that I will get on it, but I am traveling for the weekend and I will only be on the board every now and then. Thank you for your patience.

Picture of NT Quilter
posted Hide Post
I am in 2 classes at the same time on the same day.

No worry I will figure it out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NT Quilter,

NoTimeQuilter

http://longarmofstitches.blogspot.com/

If I stitch fast enough does it count as aerobic exercise?

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lost with J a z z i | Registered: Jul 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the class schedules. I will send you a PM; I'm also in two classes at same time on same day. Thanks.

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the work juggling the requests.. I also sent a pm.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I'm also in 2 classes same slot on Sunday. Unless they're only an hour long then it's fine. If you want, I'll just pick one. Thanks for the hard work!

Posts: 9460 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
I am missing one class, sent you a pm!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Sprmom.. You might not be able to take all of the classes due to the time scheduling. There is no way to schedule them so that everyone gets every class that they want to take. It isn't an easy job and quiltslots has worked very hard to try to get everyone in where she could.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2300 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
kudos to Jackie Cookie for all her hard work. I'd have said "here's the classes and the times. You figure it out." But she's really tried to get everyone into the classes of their choice.

We still have a couple of months to get the bugs worked out Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4912 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
You did a fantastic job at figuring this all out! Thanks for posting it. Will PM you as I want to add a class for a time I don't have one scheduled... Chris

Posts: 5865 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Jackie has done a great job with this arduous task!
I sent her a PM and she made the necessary change right away.
NT Quilter - if you haven't already done so, send her a PM.

Posts: 3287 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NT Quilter
posted Hide Post
No need to Missmommy, I will pick one and go to it. Smile

NoTimeQuilter

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lost with J a z z i | Registered: Jul 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Thank you so very much for putting this together! I cannot wait! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NT Quilter
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's not usually how it's done. That's why there's a committee member in charge.

I have been to COF before Missmommy and know how it is. I took care of it and told her I will be sewing so no classes for me. Big Grin

NoTimeQuilter

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Great list of classes. Going to be a very busy weekend! Should I even bother bringing any hand sewing!

Posts: 7986 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Elainetoo - Yes bring it. "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
NT quilter I hope you take the classes you signed up for as you were in one of the ones I am and was looking forward to spend time with you.

Think it is important for the instructor to know how many people will be in the class so they can have enough supplies if they are doing that.

Made sure that the teacher of the class that is when I will be arriving, knows I will be late and may not make it at all... Chris

Posts: 5865 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2567 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
Okay, I have hopefully fixed the glitches. Thank you for your patience.

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jackie, for adding me into your class. I'm good!

I will also get a PM out to my group sometime in the next few days.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6532 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jackie. Now to start preparations. Smile

Posts: 2567 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for all of your hard work!! I'm looking forward to each of my classes!!

Pat

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jackie for doing a great job with a hard task. Thank you.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Quiltslots,

Thanks so much for scheduling the classes.

One last suggestion. Could a copy of the class list be put into our retreat folders or could you have a master list (at the retreat) for folks to refer to?

It is easy to forget which class you signed up for. Or, even if you remember the class, you might not remember which day/session it is. This helps organize bringing supplies, etc...

Thanks for considering this request.

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
thank you so much for doing this - it must have been a logistical nightmare!!!!

I had signed up for a class that I don't see me in - I will send you a PM.
Thanks again for all your hard work.
ML

Posts: 1113 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for organizing. It looks like I am in two classes on Sunday. Could you move me to Tile quilting on Saturday morning. Thanks for all your hard work. This is not an easy job!

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for all your hard work!!
I am sooooo excited !!!

Posts: 4300 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
I have made some more changes per request, I hope they are right. I would ask kindly that if anyone needs a change that it be to me in the next few days as I am imposing a deadline for changes, Thursday, 4/25. Thank you, Jackie

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your hard work putting this together. I sent you a pm.

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
PM sent Jacki. If I don't get in a class it's my own fault, I've been out of touch spoiling this guy. Big Grin. But he went home yesterday Frown

Posts: 978 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
And just because I'm going thru withdrawal here is a second pic with his eyes open Big Grin

Posts: 978 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm still scheduled for two classes on Sunday. Would you please move me to the Tile class on Saturday. I have nothing scheduled for that time period on Saturday and it looks like there is space. I'm currently double booked for Sunday. Hope this makes sense.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm confused - was looking at the agenda
there's FQ challenge and a 1/4 yd challenge.
I have the blue fab with the quilt words on it
I have the Row Robin challenge which one is which?
Thanks

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3535 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
oops. There is only a 1/4 yd challenge and it is using the blue fabric. I will go and change that on the agenda. I thought I had but I must have missed one. WOW - I missed more than one! All fixed now. Sorry for your confusion.

RR isn't a challenge - well, it may be for some people, but it's a "project".

The 1/4 yd challenge is one you will bring to retreat in a plain brown paper bag w/ no name on it and all of them will be voted on and there will be winners and prizes!

I hope this helps clear everything up for you Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4912 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the hard work. I have a folder started with all pertinent info in it for the retreat. Now if I can just remember to bring it!

Posts: 7986 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hot Potter Momma
posted Hide Post
Any chance of joining my good friend Amiko in the tile class on Sunday?
thanks for considering.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Nov 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Hot Potter Momma, I have Amiko listed in my Saturday morning class.

Send Jackie a PM for all changes, the deadline for changes is Thursday, April 25th.

Fleur55

Posts: 634 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Jackie- some of us are getting anxious because we haven't gotten class supply lists yet for some of the classes. Hope they come soon so we can gather supplies. I'd like to get this done soon as I have lots of things going on in May and June.

Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
DJ.....what a cutie!! Congratulations!!

Pat

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone will have to bring anything as far as supplies to my class. Only your glue gun and glue sticks if you have one. I will post soon if anything else is needed.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2300 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Sent a PM to see if I am in Lynne's mini class but haven't heard one way or the other?

Posts: 9460 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post