Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  UPDATE on auntie's quilt: TOP IS DONE!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE on auntie's quilt: TOP IS DONE!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
My two matching 6" (finished) blocks will be on their way in about an hour! Blessings to all.

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1935 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Ya I see mine got there,going to be a neat scrappy quilt.Love that bear block.Glad she's enjoying the cards.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8944 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I've got two 6" blocks that will be in the mail today too. Smile

Posts: 10508 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aww...ya'll are so sweet!

Posts: 528 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Mine will be sent at the beginning of the week...my guest just left. Love the pictures so far!!!!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8733 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine will go out tomorrow... made 2 blocks (6" size)

Posts: 1936 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
You're getting a good variety of blocks. l'm glad to see mine made it there ok.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9523 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Sandra, there are 2 red work blocks going in the mail to you tomorrow morning can't wait to see the finished quilt Wave

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 761 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Do you have enough or do you need more? I can provide more if you need more.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More blocks came on saturday, I will post a picture tomorrow evening of the new ones that have come in. I am thinking that when all blocks have arrived, we should have enough, but I'm not positive. I will try to make a list of names sending and make check marks for received and figure it out. Smile

blessings
Sandra

Posts: 528 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
I finally finished mine.....it's kind of "odd sized" (11x12 I think) if you can't use it in the quilt..maybe you can make her a pillow top with it? I fussy cut a teddy and embroidered strawberries in the corners. If you can't/don't want to use it...that's fine too. Smile I will do my best to get it out to you tomorrow....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Omma5,

Posts: 4252 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Ooma, I like your block, so cute.
Mine went in the mail the other day, hope it arrives soon. Forgot to take a picture.

Posts: 8076 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilting wifey
posted Hide Post
Omma, she will be so happy with that block.

I have heard from Ilovemy4kids. She has had some news (I have no idea what) but needs a few days to process life at the moment. She will be back on here just as soon as possible.

She was concerned for each of you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quilting wifey,

Madelyn

Posts: 6158 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Jan 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Mailing you a block on Tuesday.

Posts: 4429 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I hope she is alright. Thinking of her.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Oh my. I hope everything is ok. Please let us know.

Pam

Posts: 5825 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm back. Sorry for the absence. Can't explain now, just need prayers. Also having health issues. Lots of docs this week, pain and itching. Taking a moment to post photos before I take meds and sleep again. The blocks are wonderful! Also received two tops that are beautiful and will post those later also.

posted Hide Post
Tomorrow I will begin picking a sashing fabric! The blocks are all wonderful and the last ones should be arriving soon! Love the pics of the ones that have not yet arrived. Still working on posting pics of the two tops. One for Lola and the the other I am going to embroider strawberries on for a lap quilt for auntie Jan. You are all so kind and generous!

Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
Hope my block will arrive in time to be included. Had some problems getting it to finish at 12.5 Take care of yourself & have fun playing with those lovely blocks I see there.

Posts: 5286 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem lens it will be a couple weeks before I can actually sew! Thank you so much!

Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Got my hats done. Did 2 of them so she can keep both or pass one on. Thought I would do bright colors to brighten up those winter blahs. Didn't get out today to mail them as winter storm hitting here good. Heard cop pulled someone over via news told them go home they wanted people off roads to make easier for snowplows. If don't mail it tomorrow should go out Monday, they are saying snow and wind will keep going thru tomorrow. Good day to stay in and do crafts. Smile These are crocheted with 2 strands of yarn. First one red and multi colored variegated, second orange with multi colored variegated.

Posts: 903 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
sent you a block and the last I heard (from tracking) was it was out for delivery on Jan. 27th, Have you received it?

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Sandra, sent you a pm; do you still need blocks? I finished two last nite. I could mail tomorrow.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3624 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
TTT

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
I received the nicest thank you card form her!

Posts: 2037 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I mailed Fri Feb 14th. Forgot to ask how long it would take.
Let me know when you get them.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3624 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I just mailed some strawberry blocks. Sure meant to do it sooner. You can always use them for something else if need be!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8733 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all! Your blocks will be in the quilt. I am still trying to get it put together. Somehow life interrupted me Frown Rough times at the moment, but I will get it done soon!

posted Hide Post
I know it has been forever! I have 7 blocks left to trim and will be sewing the top together tomorrow if all goes according to plan. I have been dealing with a terrible schedule and personal issues, but I AM SO THANKFUL TO YOU ALL. I am excited to get the quilt made!

LOVE to all of you for blessing my dear Auntie and her friend. I will be quilting the top for Lola when I quilt my aunties. Smile

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Yay! I can't wait to see a picture!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5825 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
So glad things have settled down some for you! Looking forward to seeing pics of the quilts.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9523 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The blocks are all together! Planning to add a border by Sunday, then back and quilt next week! Will post a photo as soon as the border is on. Smile