Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  COF Early Bird Dinner - meet in lobby at 5:00
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COF Early Bird Dinner - meet in lobby at 5:00 Sign In/Join 
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I won't be purchasing my plane ticket until late April early May. So I don't know if I will be there in time for the early bird dinner. When do I have to let you know by?

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I was so afrid I was being forgotten, now, I can join y'all at the EB dinner! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
GaQuilter-glad that was straightened out. Smile

Posts: 3287 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have the flat iron steak medium rare. I can take 3 riders. Check will be in the mail tomorrow for the dinner. Getting excited about the trip.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saved sinnr couldn't send any pms

Posts: 4300 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NT Quilter
posted Hide Post
Pulled pork for me. Check will be in mail in a few days.

NoTimeQuilter

http://longarmofstitches.blogspot.com/

If I stitch fast enough does it count as aerobic exercise?

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lost with J a z z i | Registered: Jul 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you gotten YOUR Early Bird choices in for dinner? It's time! Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Lancaster and will mail my check to Lori on Monday.

Posts: 3287 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
So sorry for not seeing this until now...

Please, put me down for the chicken. I'll get the check in the mail asap!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Please put me down for the chicken, also. Do we need to select our beverage now, too???

Posts: 1823 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
I'm coming too. I guess I'll try the pulled pork please. LOL, I find it hard to decide what I want for dinner most days. Whew, stretching my talents.

Posts: 2569 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Since I;'m on the list, it must mean I signed up. Guess I have the steak sandwich. Thank you, ma'am.

Posts: 5670 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please put me down for a flat iron and a pork for my husband and me.
Will get $ in the mail.

Thank you to all involved.

Rondi

Posts: 1537 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please put me down for flat iron steak, medium.. the girls are going to fend for themselves so I'll be able to drive 4 people. Check will be going out later today for dinner.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early Bird dinner list is updated... please check to make sure it's good for you, and if I need to make a correction, just let me know Smile

and so far as the drinks ... I think they will do that at the restaurant. Will check with them to make sure Smile but every dinner will come with a drink Smile

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see my name on the list and I replied on the 13th. Haven't sent my check, maybe that's why I'm not included?? I ordered flat iron steak medium rare. Thanks for updating.

posted Hide Post
Oh, I also volunteered to drive.

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Hi Lindsey, My DH and I will each have the flat iron steak and I'll send the ** to Lori.
Thanks for organizing this for us. We can also have 2 ride with us. How many more days????

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chesapeake Jane ~ THANK YOU for pointing out my omission ... got it all straightened out Smile

Chanlady ~ Got your orders ... I almost listed you and Conrad as "Olie and Lena" Big Grin Sorry I have to miss their adventures Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Who else wants to sign up this morning? you won't want to miss out... food, fun, friends Smile

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I want to come, but until I purchase my plane ticket I won't know if I will be there in time. When is the deadline?

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KBlue ~ sent you a PM

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
lol - so did I - I hope we said the same thing...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4913 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Sent Gonesewin the Early Bird Dinner bucks today...hope I sent it to the right person and postage for other swap to SavedSinnr..so moving in the right direction! Smile

Posts: 9460 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of luvthosequilts
posted Hide Post
Sadly I cannot order this scrumptious sounding food my mouth is watering...lol

unfortunately I will NOT be able to attend as some circumstances have arisen here that make the retreat as well as the EBD not doable...
I will miss everyone terribly I know it will be a great time and I will especially miss all of the hugs!
Enjoy!!!

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Posts: 4510 | Registered: Feb 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
sending out check today! Smile

Posts: 4300 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHO ELSE wants to come? I'd be signing up if I was going to retreat... these Early Bird dinners ARE SO MUCH FUN!!! Big Grin

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
LOL, you both pretty much said the same thing. I think I replied to both. Thanks so much!

posted Hide Post
Thanks KBlue ... got you down for the pulled pork Smile

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Mailed my check to Lori today.

posted Hide Post
WHO ELSE wants to have a good dinner with friends Smile fun Smile and food? Smile

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I will have the pulled pork, and will get my check out to Lori.
I also will have room for 2 few riders.

Posts: 4578 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
3rd try...haven't a clue what b u z z word I'm using that they don't like...??

Lori, I'm mailing you a pkg, w/ the p r i z e s and m o n e y for the early bird dinner, today! Big Grin

I also need a ride to the restraunt so if someone has room for me please let me know...thank you!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
well, this one made it! Smile
and Thanks!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4913 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
May I please have the steak sandwich - medium rare. I will send the check off as soon I figure who to send it to.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Send your check to Lori.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Lindsay,
You missed me at the bottom of page 1! Please sign me up!

Lori,
I mailed your check last week. I hope it arrived safely.

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will call Kiwi_Sue tonight, i dont think she would appreciate a call right now, its about 2am there Wink Once I have her order I will reply and get the money sent out.

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1796 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
We ate at the Lancaster Brewing Co today and I gotta say Y-U-M!
We had the portobello OMG
the brewer's chicken yum
and the pulled pork - couldn't eat it all but I sure wanted to!

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Oh, good, you tried my dinner for me! I love chicken, so I'm glad to hear it was good.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6532 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelinamor:
So glad to see the early bird dinner being set up. It's always a good evening of food and friendship.

Please sign me up! I would like the HOUSE SMOKED PULLED PORK

Thanks for letting me know Angelina ... Smile Got you and everyone else updated on the list Big Grin Y'all are gonna have an AWESOMELY GOOD DINNER! Big Grin

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chickie!!

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Star Star Star

PLEASE NOTE ~~ SIGN-UPS FOR EARLY BIRD DINNER WILL BE CLOSING APRIL 15th... MONEY WILL BE DUE TO LORI (Gonesewin) BY APRIL 30th.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT!!! GET YOUR ORDER & MONEY IN SO YOU GET TO ENJOY THE FUN, FOOD AND FRIENDS Smile

Wave

posted Hide Post
HEY ... ANYBODY ELSE WANT IN BEFORE THIS CLOSES??? FOOD ~~ FRIENDS ~~ FUN Smile

posted Hide Post
LAST CALL! Deadline is MONDAY ! Don't miss out Smile

FOOD ~ FRIENDS ~ FUN

posted Hide Post
Oops almost missed it!

Kiwi_Sue
HOUSE SMOKED PULLED PORK hop hog spiked bbq, house coleslaw, house-made chips

Jane_Kiwi
LBC STEAK flatiron steak, caramelized onion, sautéed mushrooms, gruyere, house-cut fries

i will give the money to Gonesewin on Tuesday Smile

Thanks!

Posts: 1796 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jane ... got you & mama on the list Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
anyone else???

posted Hide Post
LAST CALL !

food ~~ friends ~~ fun ! Smile

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Lori, my EBD check will be in the mail to you later this week. Envelope is made out, just have to wait for my SS to drop on Wednesday.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post