Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  COF Early Bird Dinner - meet in lobby at 5:00
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COF Early Bird Dinner - meet in lobby at 5:00 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
Ladies...I am really excited about the restaurant that has been chosen for our Early Bird dinner! It looks and sounds fantastic!

In the past the job of hosting this dinner has fallen on jayardi. This year she is extremely busy with many other things (one being the scraps 2 treasure challenge, one of my favorites Big Grin) and so I asked her if I could have someone else take over this task so we could get the ball rolling and I wouldn't have to feel like I was bugging the stuffing out of her. She graciously accepted the reprieve and I recruited a seasoned bird for the job. SavedSinnr has done a great job in the spread sheet department making it very easy for me to make decisions. If you have any questions post them on the thread or PM her.

We are ready to begin signups for the Early Bird dinner. Now, this is not part of the retreat since it is on Thursday, the day before retreat officially begins and that is why it is a separate fee. This is just out there for everyone who gets in early to get together and start meeting each other and so no one has to eat alone. If you bring guest(s) they are welcome to come too! If you don't want to join us, you don't have to but we'll miss you...

Please look over the meals that are being offered and REPLY TO THIS THREAD when you have decided. Tell us what you would like, what your guest (if any) would like and the total cost. Each meal will be $25 and that includes the entree, a soda, tax, gratuity and a special dessert back at the hotel later that night. Send the check to me, Gonesewin, and sit back and let your mouth imagine the meal for the next 3 months Smile

Here are your choices of sandwiches (There are NO substitutions):

HOUSE SMOKED PULLED PORK hop hog spiked bbq, house coleslaw, house-made chips
LBC STEAK flatiron steak, caramelized onion, sautéed mushrooms, gruyere, house-cut fries
PORTOBELLO spinach, roasted red pepper, gruyere, caramelized onion, pepper aioli, chips
BREWERS CHICKEN caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, cheddar, aioli, house-made chips

Drink choices ~ they sell pepsi products, or iced tea or water

The Early Bird dinner will be held at ~
LANCASTER BREWING CO
469 Eisenhower Blvd
Harrisburg PA

Thursday, June 20th
5:30 pm

Since this IS a brewery, there IS beer (LOTS of different, award winning beer) available. IF you should indulge while at dinner, PLEASE, keep it in moderation. And if you are driving PLEASE refrain from partaking of the stuff. You will be given a separate bill for alcoholic beverages by the wait staff.

The restaurant is about 3 miles from the hotel so if you drove, could you give a non-driving retreater a lift? Thanks Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4912 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Yum. It all looks good, but I think that I'll have the LBC Steak, medium rare, please. As far as drinks, I don't really like Pepsi products, but if they have Diet Sierra Mist, I'll have that. If not, make it the iced tea. My check will have to wait until payday (3/20), but I'm putting a big post-it note up so that I won't forget it. Thanks, too, to Lindsay for coordinating this. Isn't it June yet?!

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Order: LBC STEAK flatiron steak - medium ... I'll find someone to take the onions and mushrooms if they won't leave them off.. Smile and Iced Tea please..

I can take 3 people.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 7986 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amiko:
I will have the pulled pork sandwich with a Pepsi.
amiko

I can take 3 people in my car.

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. DH and I and Missmommy will be there!

Posts: 4300 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
you have to place your order, AuntJo!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4912 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Thanks AuntJo!
LBC steak (medium rare) for me. I assume we can pick our beverage there?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Missmommy,

Posts: 3287 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I will get the Brewer's chicken. I'll just have to pick off the mushrooms. Oh, and iced tea.

I can take 2 more in my car. I will already have AngelaC with me.

Posts: 483 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hot Potter Momma
posted Hide Post
I would love the Portabella sandwich $25. thanks for organizing this.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Nov 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'm going to choose the LBC steak - Med-rare - ideally with NO onions but will pick them off if I have to Smile Love the mushrooms. Oh, and iced tea - unsweetened please. I'll get a check out to you next week. I will need to ride with someone. I don't plan on drinking so can take over driving if my "driver" wants to Smile

Posts: 6450 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Looks yummy Smile. I will order the LBC Steak, medium please with an Iced Tea. Thank you! Not sure about a ride yet, have to check with luvthosequilts (my roomie).

Posts: 634 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I will have the Steak medium (pink center in the south) also and pepsi sounds fine.

Do we send the money to Saved Sinner?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: warm buns,

Posts: 3608 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. I'll have the LBC steak; medium well done. Caffeine free diet pepsi. Check will be in the mail, tomorrow. Thanks.

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... I hate that I'm giong to miss this dinner ... I know you all will have SO much fun - and it's the greatest getting acquainted time.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8994 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by warm buns:
I will have the Steak also and pepsi sounds fine.

Do we send the money to Saved Sinner?

Hey Bunsie ~~ send the money to Gonesewin please Big Grin

♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥
I WILL BE UPDATING THE LIST HERE ~ CHECK THIS LIST TO SEE YOU ARE ORDERED
♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥

ok ... so far we have

Aliquilt ~ LBC Streak sand, med
amiko ~ Pulled pork sand
AngelaC ~ LBC Steak sand, med well
Angelinamoor ~ Pulled pork sand
Auntie Reba ~ Pulled pork sand & LBC Steak sand
AuntJo ~ Portabello sand
AuntJo DH ~ Portabello sand
chanlady22 ~ LBC Steak sand
chanlady22 DH ~ LBC Steak sand
Charmingsister ~ Pull pork sand
Chesapeake Jane ~ LBC Steak sand, med rare
DJ Brown ~ LBC Steak sand, med
Elainetoo ~ LBC Steak Sand, med
fishingwidow ~ LBC Steak sand, med
Fleur 55 ~ LBC Steak sand
GAQuilter ~ Pulled pork sand
Gemsq ~ LBC Steak sand, med well
Gonesewin ~ LBC Steak sand, med
Hot Potter Momma ~ Portabello sand
Iluv2quilttoo
Jane_kiwi ~ LBC Steak sand
jayardi ~ Pulled pork sand
KBlue ~ pulled pork sand
Kiwi_Sue ~ pulled pork sand
lakequilter ~ LBC Steak sand, med rare
lindaj52 ~ LBC Steak sand, med rare
mcpatches ~ LBC Steak sand
MissMommy ~ LBC Steak Sand, med rare, no cheese
motqltr ~ LBC Steak sand, med well, tea
muggomuggo ~ Portebello sand
MusicLady ~ LBC Steak sand, med, tea
Needlecrazy ~ Brewers chicken, no carrots 
NT Quilter ~ Pulled pork sand
Patricia Anne ~ Brewer's Chicken sand
rondiquilts ~ LBC steak sand
Rondiquilts DH ~ Pulled pork sand
royalboomer ~ LBC Steak sand, med rare, no onion
sewlove2quilt ~ Brewers chicken sand
terrimae ~ Brewer's chicken sand
tisme ~ Pulled pork sand
warm buns ~ LBC Steak sand, med

Will update as I go Big Grin
and I have the drink orders, altho I THINK they will take the beverage orders there...

Now... EACH PERSON will get a special colored dot to identify which meal they will be ordering... it will make service easier at the restaurant. Will give more details later Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Just wondering why there's nothing next to my name on your list, Lindsey?

Posts: 3287 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
I didn't pick anything yet.I think it's in the wrong place.

talking about dinner was not chosen yet.

This is the first time I have ever had someone misunderstand an innocent comment about not having chosen the dinner!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AuntJo,

Posts: 4300 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... I just saw the comment about the Early bird dinner being in the wrong place .... having been to the last retreat and seeing the poor committee dragging their butts thru a long week-end with all of us ... I'm sure if anyone who doesn't prefer the accomdations they are welcome to be on the next planning committee ... not being snotty - just letting it be known I know how much work those ladies do to make our retreats wonderful ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8994 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
My apologies, I thought I had signed up on the other thread abt early-birds.
I would like the Flatiron steak, medium well, ice tea; do they have horseradish?
I can mail a check early next week.
Thank you Smile
michele/motqltr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motqltr,

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3535 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
City/Sandie = AuntJo did not mean that the dinner was in the wrong place, but that the order next to her name was in the wrong place. It should have been next to my name as she and her DH hadn't selected anything yet. I think you're response to her was inappropriate and as you said "snotty".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Missmommy,

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Hey Saved, thanks for jumping in to help out. I certainly appreciate it.

I will choose the pulled pork since everything else has mushrooms or swiss-like cheese. I had to look up what gruyere was. Never heard of it, but is sounds like swiss cheese to me. Yuck

No need to worry about me and the beer though. Don't touch the stuff. Yuck

Rondi, can you save me a seat in your car? I definitely want to get to know you better 'this year'.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9625 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jayardi:
● ● ● Hey Saved, thanks for jumping in to help out. I certainly appreciate it.

My pleasure to help out jayardi ... after all the help I got last year, it's just a little bit for me to do to help Smile

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK ... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR KEEPING ME ON TRACK! Guess I'm a little rusty Smile

I think I have the list all updated right now ... if not, let me know and I will make it right. I just have to get going in the right direction, then I'll be ok Smile

You gals are gonna REALLY enjoy this dinner! I'm sure the food will be great, but it's the time getting to know the friends in the relaxed atmosphere ... putting faces to names ... THAT'S the fun of the EB dinner!

Y'all enjoy the fun ... the food ... the friends Smile

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... thank you for making the situation clear, having seen how hard those committees work, the brief sentence seemed kind of harsh.

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'll have the flatiron steak...medium well please Yummy

Posts: 4575 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dinner already sounds yummy, I plan on being there. Let me talk to the girls and see what they want to do. I'll be able to drive 2 or 4 people, depending on if they decide to go. I'll post in a day or so what we're doing. Looking forward to it!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
List is all updated this morning ... Smile

ANGELA C Will DH be joining in the EB dinner?

Have a great day y'all Big Grin

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
How many more days???

I want the LBC flatiron steak sandwich, med.

I am getting mail ready to go out tomorrow, so will send you my **$ then too.

Mary

Posts: 3935 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I can't decide between the pulled pork and the brewer's chicken. When do I have to let you know by and when do I have to give me the money???

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Hi Saved, would you make sure my LBC Steack is cooked medium.

Thanks, Fleur

Posts: 634 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Sign me up and put me down for the Portabello. YUMM!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4558 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Cute Lori, cute!

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Lindsay, nope, DH is actually staying home this time! (it's killing hi, but, he'll live- I'm only 2hr from home) I'm traveling with PatriciaAnne this time Smile

Posts: 4575 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Hi Lori. We'll have one pork and one steak. Thanks. Auntie Reba

Posts: 9460 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATED
fishingwidow LBC Steak sand, med
muggomuggo Portebello sand
Auntie Reba Pulled pork sand & LBC Steak sand

AUNTIE REBA ...
Are you ordering for DH as well? I'll put him on the list for the menu if so Smile

posted Hide Post
I keep forgetting to ask my husband what he wants, so I can post my choices. I should go ahead and choose something for him myself. Thats what he does when we eat out! He loves food so much that looking at a menu is overwhelming and he ends up throwing up his hands and says " just order me something"!

I'll decide something soon. Thank you for helping out S/S. That is nice.

And of course Jean, I have a seat saved for you!

Rondi

Posts: 1536 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
I'll do chicken if you please. Check will go out soon.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6532 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Needlecrazy for your order Smile

the list is updated as of 3.12.13

Deadline for the EB Sign-ups will be March 30, 2013... that will give us enough time to get the order into the restaurant.

You don't want to miss out! Just let me know your order and we'll get you on the list.... It's a GREAT time of food, friends and fun! Big Grin

Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Lindsay, LBC Steak sandwich - med please.

Lori, check will go out today if I can find your address Razz

Thanks, Deb

Posts: 978 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Address is on the blog - duh (envelope is address and ready to be dropped in the mail at lunch.)

Thanks for the organization Lori!

Posts: 978 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
Early bird dinner sounds great. I would like the steak sandwich medium with unsweetened iced tea. Will get the check off as soon as I can.

I will be driving so I can take 3 or 4 folks with me.

Musiclady

Posts: 1113 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
City Sandie you misread what I meant.

I meant I hadn't picked our dinners out yet I am looking forward to go to this place other friends have been there.

You really shouldn't have addressed my innocent comment this way. I have always been fair and dealt with many of these wonderful board members.

You really misspoke. I just saw this comment of yours today. I am really upset. Just wanted you to know !

Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
I want the pulled pork sand. For some reason I am still not on the list.

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Oh Dear .. I think my attitude of defense was hanging out all over the place Aunt Jo ... I was shocked at what appeared to be an unkind comment.
I am apologizing to you personally - and to anyone else who took offense.
AS my kids would say - MOM did you forget your meds today?
I must have - not only had I forgotten I commented and then corrected myself, but I forgot to send you a note at the time!
Again, I am so sorry - and yes, I obviously misunderstood you. I'm glad you spoke up and gave me the opportunity to say I am so sorry.
Are we OKAY?

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the apology. I appreciate it.
Let's move on.
Yes we are okay.

EB order 2 Portobellos. I'll put the check in the mail tomorrow. TY Lori

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Hi Jo! Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAQuilter:
I want the pulled pork sand. For some reason I am still not on the list.

Well {{in a Gomer Pyle voice}} SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!

I kept wondering where I missed getting you on the list, GAQuilter, cause I didn't see any choices on the thread... So I explored a little tonite, and found the original thread that had just put up the info, but not any dinner orders. I had not remembered it until I went exploring Smile

So... now I have taken the original list that showed a desire to attend (or possibly) ... then I worked in the menu choices, so the list is now (I think and hope) complete, so everyone that expressed an interest in attending should be on there ... and everyone who made their dinner choices should be on there as well Smile

If there's a mistake, let me know and I will correct it. If you want to attend but not sure of your choices yet, reply to the thread and I'll get you on the update.

IF YOU NAME IS ON THE LIST you need to make a menu choice for your dinner, or if you've changed your mind, let me know and I will take you off the list.

Now... let's hope it's all together this time. THANK YOU ALL for your patience ... and y'all have a GREAT time at the Early Bird dinner ... it's FUN FOOD AND FRIENDS!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
thanks, chicky!

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
So glad to see the early bird dinner being set up. It's always a good evening of food and friendship.

Please sign me up! I would like the HOUSE SMOKED PULLED PORK

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post