Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ROOMMATE INFO!! If you need a roomie, read this! getting closer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ROOMMATE INFO!! If you need a roomie, read this! getting closer Sign In/Join 
Picture of tisme
posted
I am the official roomie lady!
If you need to
LET'S BE ROOMIES !

HAS EVERYONE MADE THEIR ROOM RESERVATIONS ???
It's time to get that taken care of.
I just found roommates on my own, that is fine if you want to do that.
If you would like to sign up here, you are welcome too!
If you have someone to room with on Friday and Saturday, but you want to stay Sunday night and don`t have a roommate, post here.
Examples,
Tammy, room reserved for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I have roommates for those nights, but need someone to share with on Sunday and Monday night.
Lori, I made reservations for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, have 1 roommate, would like 1 or 2 more
Get the picture! Smile
Any questions or just want advice PM me or email me at Tisgingy @ msn.com, no spaces
Remember the more roommates in your room, the more money you have to spend on FABRIC!!!

These are the retreaters who expressed they may need assistance in finding a roommate. If you have found a roomie, or would like off the list, please let me know if that has changed! You can post on here that you are still looking ... you can PM each other about your partying status (late nighter, early sleeper) ... then let me know to take you off the list ...

1. cksvett

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tisme,

Posts: 4572 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Since my friend isn't coming to the retreat after all, I will need a roomie! Please put me on the list. In the meantime, I'll go check out the hotel info on the blog. BTW, I'm not a smoker and I do have a tendency to go to bed late. Thanks!

LindaJ52

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lindaj52,

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
OK, Linda, you are first on my list! What nights are you going to be there?

Posts: 4572 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
No idea yet. Still trying to wrap my head around a lot of personal stuff right now.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll put my hand up for needing a roommate. I'm willing to meet someone new and wonderful.

I am a smoker but we can't smoke in the rooms sooooo that isn't a problem. I snore, like to stay up late, and enjoy conversation. I don't hog the bathroom in order to get ready to go somewhere. I'm a mature person and sometimes set in my ways but bendable.

I would like to be there for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Hoping to head to the eastern side of the state on Sunday to visit with folks over there.

Posts: 5887 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a roomy. I will be there for sure Thurs - Sun. I'm hoping to be able to come on Wed. I'm a sound sleeper. Daughter says I snore a little, though I've never heard it! I usually stay up late, but if I need to sleep I can sleep through anything. I'm easy going, don't hog the bathroom and love making new friends. Second hand smoke bothers me so I would need to be with a non smoker.

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I haven't even thought about roommates yet. I will probably be there Thursday through Sunday nights. Non smoker, heavy sleeper.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
ok starting the list, remember too, you can contact anyone on here that posts and hook up with them. If you don`t want to do that, I will give everyone some time, then work it out with you. It is great sharing with new people, you get to make great new lifelong friends. AND, we are not in our rooms much anyway! lol

Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Just checked back in. I'll be there from Thursday night through Monday morning. Made my reservation this morning. Oh, and KBlue, sent you a PM.

LindaJ52

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lindaj52,

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Looking for a roomie before I book my room Smile I probably won't come until Friday morning, and will leave Monday morning I think..so at this point my plan is Fri-Sun reservation. But I can be a little flexible about that, may be able to get in Thurs. night.

Also looking to carpool so that could impact my arrival and departure times.

Non-smoker, stay up pretty late Smile, reasonably quiet tho I probably snore a little..

I'd like to book my room soon.

Lisa Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LisaP8,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8860 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Lindaj52 and I have teamed up as roomies!

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Lisa, will get you added, and that is great Linda and Kblue, will take you off the list. Smile

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
pop to the top

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
up up and away

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I was moved from the wait list to be able to make a reservation. I would love a roomie. I will probly arrive Wed the 19th and staying until Tues the 25th. Need to arrange time off work still.
I was in Harrisburg PA this past Aug for a funeral; I love the area and I think this is the hotel I stayed at before my flight home.
Thank you, Tisme and my future roomies. I am so excited.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motqltr,

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
motqultr, we may need to do a few roommates for you lol There won`t be many in on Wed, so we can see if anyone else will be coming that early or staying until Tuesday.
ATTN ALL, anyone coming early or staying later, let us know!!

posted Hide Post
I'm going to make a reservation tomorrow. Tentative plan is to arrive Wednesday, (possibly do a trip into Philly), and leave Monday. My 13 yr old granddaughter is coming with me but hey, I'm willing to share a room. Non-smokers, not sure about snoring, she doesn't.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Ok, Ali, will get you on the list. Maybe you could ask motqltr since she is coming on Wednesday too. That way she would only have to find one for Monday night. Give me a call if you need help just PM me for phone number, anyone of you.
Tammy

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm fine w/ whatever works and am just excited to meet everyone. I could always be a tourist and visit before others arrive. I just need to know when to be in Harrisburg.
I traveled to this area in August 2012 for a funeral. I loved PA (not necessarily the reason to be there).

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
to the top, anyone else need a roomie??

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
won't even begin to think about the retreat till after the first of the year. Too much to do before then, so that isn't on the thought process till then... Chris

Posts: 5854 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Tisme - LisaP8 and I are rooming together. She has made our reservation.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Sounds great Headielamar, will mark you and LisaP8 off my list

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
thinking abt this, should I be actively recruiting a roommate? I also might need to shorten my time, altho I love this area of PA, I may not be able to stay as long as I would like to.
Aliquilt, is your g/d still coming?

posted Hide Post
I haven't been paying attn to the post, sorry, life getting in way, last minute decision to retire and the ensuing paperwork etc needed to be taken care of! Motqltr, yes she's still planning on coming and I'm still interested in a roommate if you don't mind a 13 yr old Smile

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
would love to room w/ the two of you.
Congrats on retiring -- I probably can't retire for another 30 yrs
I need to get to work, but let's "talk" later

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Well the holidays are winding down, so I imagine everyone is starting prep for the retreat! Smile
So popping back to the top

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I believe I am going to need a roommate after all. Right now the plan is to fly in on Thursday and leave Monday AM...haven't made my plane reservation yet so that may change.

1. Nonsmoker

2. I'm told I do snore though I've never heard it myself Smile

3. I prefer going to bed earlier but, if this retreat is ANYTHING like the previous ones that really won't matter one way or the other Smile I'm flexible.

Posts: 6441 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
HEY! Linda, wanna room w/ me? I'm not sure about my travel plans at the moment but I do need a roomie! Big Grin I'm a non smoker and hubby says I snore, too...{he does, too but won't admit it} lol!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6778 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'd love to Lynne - waiting for Lori to get more rooms reserved for our group. When I went to reserve one it came back as "full" - we should be hearing about that soon. I haven't checked airlines yet but I'm guessing I'll come in on Thursday night and leave Monday morning - at least that's the plan at the moment Smile

If you think you might need a room for beyond that let me know so I can include it in the reservation. You have my email Smile

Posts: 6441 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
ok, awesome, got 2 more roomies done, man what a tough job I have! lol

Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
I have not made a reservation yet. Guess I'd better look into that!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4557 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt, check your PM's.

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Is anyone going early and/or staying after the retreat?

I have reserved a room from June 18th to June 26th and am willing to share any of the dates (non-smoker preferred due to allergy).

Hugs,
Dianne

Posts: 630 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to hear on my roommate, my DGS#1. I am so tickled about this. He'll be coming from Alaska to join me, I hope, I hope.

Posts: 5887 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, that would be awesome for you Paus4quilts!
I know there are going to be a lot more looking for roommates soon, just waiting for the finalizing of plans.

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Hi All, still looking for a roomie. I have reserved a room from the 18th to the 26th. If you need a room for any of the days let me know. I will keep those days just for youSmile

Dianne

Posts: 630 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Dianne, don`t worry we will find someone to share with you, there are always last minute drop outs and add ons. I started this retreat with 4 to our room, and we are down to 2 right now. So we are looking too. lol
Just think everyone, the more to your room, the more money to spend on fabric!!!!
anyone else needing added!!

Picture of NT Quilter
posted Hide Post
I haven't booked my room yet. I am rooming alone this year.

NoTimeQuilter

http://longarmofstitches.blogspot.com/

If I stitch fast enough does it count as aerobic exercise?

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lost with J a z z i | Registered: Jul 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Tisme, Luvthosequilts will be my roomieSmile. She will be in PA the same days as me, Yeah. Look out here we come!

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Guess I need to be added to the list.

I'll just be there Friday night & Saturday night.

Don't smoke, can't last much past 11 ETZ, but do snore and get up several times I night to use the rest room... Chris

Posts: 5854 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Popping up

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
AngelaC and I are sharing a room with 2 Queen size beds. We are sisters so we can share a bed on Saturday night if any one still needs a bed for Saturday. Let me know.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I only have 2 people who haven't yet made reservations - a mother and a daughter. one of them might take you up on that offer...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
My roommate has family emergency and is not coming to retreat. She canceled her reservation and tried to put it in my name and was told there are no rooms available so i need to share a room with someone. Does anyone have an empty bed that they wouldn't mind a roommate? I was planning on leaving with Ambher tomorrow at 8 to head down and would leave on Sunday after retreat.

I am a nonsmoker, don't snore...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cr8tve1,

Posts: 3228 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Cr8tive1, Please see my response to your other post.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I answered, thank you so much for the offer! Chesapeake Jane offered me a space so I am all set. whew!

Posts: 3228 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post