Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  To Retreaters who are bringing Machines for CoF 2013
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To Retreaters who are bringing Machines for CoF 2013 Sign In/Join 
Picture of quiltslots
posted
Hi! Time is getting short for our retreat in Harrisburg. I am getting excited to see everyone and I am sure we will have a grand time. To all of you who are bringing machines to retreat, remember to label them and also bring a free motion foot if you have one. I know I am repeating myself but...Remember to label every thing with your name, power cord, foot control and machine. We will be needing quite a lot of machines, thanks gals.

1. MountainLaurel - 2 machines
2. Amiko - 1 machine
3. Patricia Anne - 2 machines
4. Chesapeake Jane - 2 machines
5. 3grandkids - 1 machine
6. iluv2quilttoo - 1 machine
7. tisme - 2 machines
8. Gonesewin - 2 machines
9. lindaj52 - 1 machine
10. akateddylady - 1 machine
11. quiltslots - 4 machines
12. Big Sister - 1 machine

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltslots,

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I will bring two machines.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2301 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iluv2quilttoo
posted Hide Post
Hi. I will be bringing one machine, a 1/4 foot and my feed dogs drop.

Posts: 49 | Location: small town USA | Registered: Aug 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
Thank you, MountainLaurel and iluv2quilttoo!

Come on girls, we have some wonderful classes and there is the need for lots of machines.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I will be bringing one machine, a 1/4 foot and feed dogs drop.

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I can bring 2 that can lower the feed dogs and have a 1/4" foot.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
I can bring a machine, feed dogs drop and it has a 1/4 foot.

amiko

Posts: 369 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am bringing two machines feed dogs drop and each has 1/4 inch foot. Do we need irons or an ironing board.a

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I am bringing at least one machine that the feed dogs drop and has a 1/4 foot. I'm not sure about my other machine and I will check it in the AM

Checked out the other machine. It has a 1/4" foot, but the feed dogs do not drop, it does have a plate that fits over the feed dogs. Will that work?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PatriciaAnne,

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am bringing a machine - pretty sure the feed dogs drop and I think it has a 1/4" foot.

Posts: 242 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
Yes, PatriciaAnne, that will work. We will have a class that needs the feed dogs to drop and the rest are using the 1/4" foot. Thank you.

Also thank you, Chesapeake Jane and 3grandkids.

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I can bring 1 machine, feed dog drops, and one machine with 1/4 foot, does not drop feed dogs.

Posts: 4586 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering how many irons will be set up? My class will need them! I appreciate the machines having the 1/4" foot, also! Thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6785 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
I'm going to bring my machine, and, yes, it has a 1/4" foot and the feed dogs drop. And, just in case, I'll be bringing my full accessories box, including all of my extra feet (walking, darning, hemming, etc.). I do want to use it for the classes that I'm taking, though. Does that make a difference? See you all soon!

LindaJ52

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lindaj52,

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am bringing a machine that has a 1/4" foot and the feed dogs drop. I'm planning to use it for the 4:00 class on Friday and the 8:30 class on Sunday, but I'm willing to share it for the other two time slots.

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
ttt

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2301 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Quiltsalot, I will be bringing one machine to COF. It will be available for others to use except for classes except for Friday from 10 am until 11:55 am. I am taking Class #6 the Paper Piecing with lakequilter. It has a 1/4" foot and Il'll check on the feed dog lowering and let you know.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Big Sister!

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Sorry to be so late here. I will have my machine with me, but will need it for teaching.

I would like to point out the machines needed for my class do not require the feed dogs to drop, but we will need a free motion foot.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9631 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I will bring a machine for the classes but it is a Plain Jane I believe, no extras.

Posts: 9471 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I will bring my machine - will need myself for FMQ - Fri 4-6. and not sure if needed for the Tile Quilt class - sat 8:30-10:25.

Might be hard for others to use - needle sits off center (and needle position change isn't working - don't have time to get it in for maintenance before the COF.

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Found someone who says they can work on my machine - so it should be in condition for others to use as needed.

posted Hide Post
What is the best way to label our machines when we bring them to the retreat?

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I stick address labels on my stuff like pedals, machines & carrying cases. For the smaller stuff I use a permanent pen to write my initials and EVERYTHING has a pink fingernail polish dot so I know it's mine.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
I have a Dymo LetraTag label maker and I've been spewing out labels with my name to mark all of my stuff. I even bought a new 2-pack cartridge of the paper. Now, though, I have to go get some new batteries. These are wearing out. LOL.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
So, how cool is this? I just posted that the batteries in my label maker needed to be replaced, and since I was thinking about it, I went to my utility drawer (where I store extra batteries and stuff), and there they were! Exactly four new AA batteries sitting there waiting for me. I was actually able to replace the bad ones in the label maker with the new ones right now. No trip to the store for more batteries, I had exactly the number that I needed right there in my drawer! Do you know what the odds are of that happening?! Anyway, my label maker is back to full power and I've started printing the little labels that have my name or my board name on them. Do you suppose this is a sign of good things to come at the retreat?

LindaJ52

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
This woulod be a good time to use up some of the zillions of address labels I get from every charity known to man!

When I went to the hospital for my knee replacement I used them to label my glasses case, my kindle, my phone, the chargers for them, pretty much everything I took with me!

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I will be bringing a machine, feed dogs drop, quilting foot, no 1/4" foot - but the foot on it has a 1/4" mark.

Let me know if it is needed, or if I should just bring to the class(es) I'm attending.

Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
Dear Elainetoo, If we could use your machine when you are not using it, that would be great. Thank you for the offer.

Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
I'll be bringing 2 machines.

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8860 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9471 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I am actually bringing 3 machines. I thought one of my other sisters had my 3rd machine, but discovered it today in my sewing room! anyway I cleaned and oiled it and it's good to go.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post